PDA

View Full Version : Help with modding -.-

N3MES1S
03-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Hello fellas -.- im trying to make the phoenix as a usual unit, without the resurrect hability (as logical) and with some cool skills, like a storm of flaming arrows or something else. I just asking for people who knows something about modding on king's bounty. I am making the mod based on the army of light one, allowing royal griffins to convert on phoenix. The first problem is, that the model doesnt appear complete on the battlefield, just a part of the phoenix texture, like if something was missing (see image). Ay ideas? and any ideas about the special skills should be good (not too hard to make cuz i am not a modder, just trying to make something for making KB life longer).

Der Wanderer
03-13-2010, 11:15 PM
In your phoenix.atom file did you load both models?

model {
0=phoenix.bma
1=phoenixash.bma
}

I think that sould do the trick...

N3MES1S
03-13-2010, 11:50 PM
In your phoenix.atom file did you load both models?

model {
0=phoenix.bma
1=phoenixash.bma
}

I think that sould do the trick...

yup. thats the reason i dont know wth is going on ;)

Der Wanderer
03-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Does that mean you already have both models loaded?

Der Wanderer
03-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Just tested it out and got the same result... I can suggest an alternative though...

Instead of upgrading the Royal Griffins to Phoenixes, how about upgrading them to Griffin Kings (the animation is all there, remember King Harl). The portrait might need some work still...

N3MES1S
03-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Well, I wanted the phoenix cuz its 3 points fire attack. Besides, the griffin kings models will be the same as other unit, i just wanted the phonix cuz the model is almost unic, u can only see phoenix when u summon em. Sorry for my cute english, i dont know if u understand -.-. And i am a bit tired of griffins, royal griffins was my favourite army unit, i played with em a lot of games and i dont want to see it anymore xD. I will continue investigating the phoenix, cuz its weird. But griffin kings should be good too.

Der Wanderer
03-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Well, the Griffin King is unique, he only exists as NPC on the Griffin Island...

P.S. if you solve the phoenix mystery, please tell me...

N3MES1S
03-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Well, i discarded the phoenix for now. I changed it for a Gladiator, using the knight model converting Paladins - > Gladiator. Its a level 5 unit. Im trying to keep the circle attack skill, but i am going to add the resurrect skill (inquisitors) instead the paladin one. Besides im trying (no succes for now) to add a dragonslayer attack (like the animation knight uses when attack dragons) shocking the target and burning it (the gladiator is born at Ishtar, a land of fire and volcanos).

The first problem i encounter is, when is the gladiator's turn, the game crashes with a message saying it cant load the thumbnail of the dragonslayer attack. I checked it and its correct, but it keeps crashing and saying he cant load the texture (i suposse its the image, not the texture). I dont know wats going on, cuz the thumbnail of the resurrect attack loads perfectly and the skill works, but not the dragonslayer (called "Gladiator Breath").

Der Wanderer
03-15-2010, 04:12 PM
I also have problems loading the thumbnail for talents in the arena, though I never had it crash. Try it without any picture (for me that always works), to check if really the picture is the problem or if there is something wrong with your script.
Sometimes it crashes for no obvious reason. I'm still trying to import the assassin into KBTL, yet as soon as he starts moving in combat it crashes, and I have no clue why.

P.S.: Have you seen the good_dark_knight skin for the knight. Just in case you want to give it a different look...