PDA

View Full Version : what's up with the max rage-generation in boss battles?!

loreangelicus
03-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Ok, so I fought Zilgadis with these troops:

181 black knights
20 bone dragons
439 repair droids
293 guard droids

Amelie at level 46, pet dragon at level 52. Was killing all enemies and heroes before this battle with ease, no-loss, so I found it a welcome challenge when Zilgadis readily kicked my army's behind quite easily and with relative impunity.

Anyways, after 5 failed attempts, I found a good tactic: finally build magic tree Summoner skill to level 3, then just put all the repair droids in one stack (mass magic damage from Zilgadis was decimating my two-stack tactic because I still had so few droids) and use phantom to bring back lost droids.

Killed Zilgadis on turn 23 while leaving a friendly gremlin behind. Then I killed the the gremlin tower when it generated dryads. Was at that point preparing magic spring to generate me mana to bring back my lost troops (1 bone dragon left!, 68 black knights, still big stacks of droids).

What surprised me was everytime we killed the dryads' thorn summons, my rage WENT BACK TO MAX. Is this supposed to be the norm in boss battles, that each enemy killed jumps your rage back to max?

It still took me a while to bring back all my troops (63 rounds, see screenshot) using Calm Rage to give me infinite mana from the infinite rage generated by the dryads' thorn summons, but this weird rage generation was definitely unexpected.

ckdamascus
03-29-2010, 07:10 PM
I noticed this as well. Everytime I killed a gremlin tower, my rage would max out as well.

Perhaps it was an intentional balancing act to compensate for the loss of the pet dragon.

MaroonMaurader
03-30-2010, 07:56 AM
I recall in KB:TL there was an area late-game where you would fight single orcs, and those also totally refilled rage every time you killed them. Maybe it's a weird feature of the game engine which crops up when you massively overkill stacks? Someone should try killing lone summons of dryads not in a boss battle.