PDA

View Full Version : im stuck

Keyanza
03-05-2010, 12:53 PM
hey im new to this game, love it btw :)

but now im at lvl 15 mage. got 2745 leadership points, and 5000gold. normal game.
and i got 4 islands + start island, bola, rusty and verona and scarlet wind.

all mobs/enemy is lethal or impossible. my gear is also just crap low lvl stuff, i cant find any better tho. lockt at all places they sell it.

sry for bad english but hope any understand and maby can help and give some tips for me.

maby i should just start all over again??

Petwin
03-05-2010, 01:52 PM
my gear is also just crap low lvl stuff, i cant find any better tho

After you bring the second stone from Bolo to the temple on Debir, the shop at castle of Frederick and the academy tower get upgraded with high level expensive stuff. Can still be crap though :)

all mobs/enemy is lethal or impossible
Compared to your army. But you're a mage, so you can use your mana to even the score. Either by direct damage dealing, summoning or buffing your own army.

Keyanza
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
thx for answering, i manage to take down a lethal mob and get a new map to darus or what the name was, but there is also just impossible.
biggest problem now is that im all out off gold :(
if i fight a mob and win i dont got money to rebuy my armys...

TemjinGold
03-05-2010, 04:44 PM
What units are you using?

Keyanza
03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
well atm im using 1 green dragon, 2 cyclops, 15 archmages, 21 knights. and i just add a gigant to the army, but he is doing bad moral to my dragon, so guess hes out soon...

KongMysen
03-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Instead of posting numerous tactics, I will instead suggest that you look around in these forums. There have been a lot of tactics discussed, and you should particular look for threads involving "no-loss impossible". Learning to win the tough battles without losses will make your wealth increase and give you an opportunity to buy more expensive artefacts.

there are numerous tactics to do so

Using Droids
Using Undead + a spell called Evlin
Using troops, who summons
Carefully Using lvl 5 units, who combined with Stoneskin and heal never needs to die.

Like I said, read the "no-loss" threads and learn to master the Mage. "Impossible doesn't really mean impossible if you're are playing a Mage with the right tactic.

Hope it helps although I wasn't really contructive

N3MES1S
03-06-2010, 01:23 PM
well atm im using 1 green dragon, 2 cyclops, 15 archmages, 21 knights. and i just add a gigant to the army, but he is doing bad moral to my dragon, so guess hes out soon...

Omg, thats a good army for lower islands, (u should have more leadership since cyclops cost 1400*2 = 2800), except for the giant (it is not really a useful unit). U should change the giant for royal snakes, guardsmen, or even sea dogs or something like that (level 1-2 group). U need to have a lower level tank group for making the enemy being distracted trying to hit em. With cyclops, u can advance with no problems till Dersu Island. Dersu island is hard, for now (the shamans are going to kill your cyclops), but u can kill em all on the first 4 island with a green dragon, 2 cyclops and 21 knights (u got luck i never get knights till almost the end of the game lol). With a mage is a bit harder, but u have SPELLS and a pet dragon, use it omg -.-. U can cast stone skin or divine armour on cyclops/green dragon/knights and kill em all only with that 3 units. And if u discovered Verona, u can try to search for paladins, or assasins. U can go with the boat around the Verona island and search for more fair enemies, protecting some shops, or something useful.

If the problem is u run out of gold, u cant do anything more. The problem of KBs is that once u run out of gold (and the enemies are just too hard) u cant advance anymore. U can try to fight a lot of matches without retroop, and then buy something useful or better units. On Dersu u should get some gold around the island, but if u have like 2000 gold, u better start a new game, using different tactics, cuz it is almost impossible for u now to advance.

I only run out of gold once, the first time i played this game, and its frustrating. The second game i played, i did the things better and never run out of money.

U should start again with a warrior (with warrior is easier) , and once u learn the basic tactics, how to use sacrifice spell, how to play no losses battles (basic if u want to keep your money), u can start again with a mage.

And i forgot, if u discovered Verona u can buy ROYAL GRIFFINS, that are awesome units and can summon avenging guards. Really useful when the things are going hard.

TemjinGold
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM

What spells are you using and how did you build your magic tree? With that army, you shouldn't be losing units at all. Since you are a mage, the key is to NOT just rush the enemy with your units.

Keyanza
03-06-2010, 04:15 PM
the for all answer, i admit im not a proff player at this game :) but i sure love it.

normaly i start my spells with demon summon, then normaly consentrat my magic to stone skin and heal my dragon. i have never lost my dragon and i fight with him many fights :)

i will sure try to read more in to no lose battles. and try to learn my tactics.

my mage tree is realy F... up. done many mistake i see now as i have played some hours.

N3MES1S
03-06-2010, 06:10 PM
my mage tree is realy F... up. done many mistake i see now as i have played some hours.

sometimes happnes, specially if it is your first game -.- (happened to me the first time i played xD).

And use cyclops as a melee unit, not only at distance. Cyclops are very good melee fighters. And i noticed u are not using inquisitors.. y??. I think inquis is almost a must have lol.

Metathron
03-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes, definitely try to get your hands on the inquisitors and, if available, paladins as well. They'll support no-loss battles via their resurrection skills and therefore help you in the money department.

Keyanza
03-07-2010, 08:53 AM
well now i got inquisitors and paladins, and some horsemans, going mutch better now.
got some new islands to check out to, but i still got problem with my gear.
im lvl 17 and my best gear is lvl 3. :(

but im not losing so many units now in battles, and my gold is around 50 000.

thanks for many tips it help alot :)

and leet them keep comming

KongMysen
03-07-2010, 09:42 AM
If you are impatient about the item progress, you can use the KBscanner to see where to buy/find/win new items

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780

And you can see what the items does here:

http://www.aurelain.ro/HeroScreen/

This way you can see what items you should save for.

Some lvl 1-3 items are amazing. Either by themselves (Twinkling boots) or because they can be upgraded by right clicking and choosing "upgrade". Note that you'll engage a fight so save first.

As a mage you should search for +intellect items. The poor Snake Ring can be upgraded to a very powerful Mage artefact, going from 1 intel to 5 intel and +3 dmg to snakes, just from being upgraded.
Novice's dress with +1 intellect can be upgraded to a + 800leadership and +4 intellect dress.
Pain Skull is THE best artefact once upgraded, and this will upgrade just by being used for a while.

You'll likely loose these upgrade fights at you're level but I'm just mentioning them so that you can re-check stores for items. Also on Debir you'll likely find lvl 4-5 items in both the Castle and the University. And even more lvl 4-5 items will spawn once you get some more Main Quest stones. Re-check everything or use the KBscanner ;)

For 50.000 gold you can get most useful items, but its really helpful to have lots of cash in this game in case you'll stumble across some good items or a Dwelling selling Red Dragons.

rancor26
05-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Omg, thats a good army for lower islands, (u should have more leadership since cyclops cost 1400*2 = 2800), except for the giant (it is not really a useful unit). U should change the giant for royal snakes, guardsmen, or even sea dogs or something like that (level 1-2 group). U need to have a lower level tank group for making the enemy being distracted trying to hit em. With cyclops, u can advance with no problems till Dersu Island. Dersu island is hard, for now (the shamans are going to kill your cyclops), but u can kill em all on the first 4 island with a green dragon, 2 cyclops and 21 knights (u got luck i never get knights till almost the end of the game lol). With a mage is a bit harder, but u have SPELLS and a pet dragon, use it omg -.-. U can cast stone skin or divine armour on cyclops/green dragon/knights and kill em all only with that 3 units. And if u discovered Verona, u can try to search for paladins, or assasins. U can go with the boat around the Verona island and search for more fair enemies, protecting some shops, or something useful.

If the problem is u run out of gold, u cant do anything more. The problem of KBs is that once u run out of gold (and the enemies are just too hard) u cant advance anymore. U can try to fight a lot of matches without retroop, and then buy something useful or better units. On Dersu u should get some gold around the island, but if u have like 2000 gold, u better start a new game, using different tactics, cuz it is almost impossible for u now to advance.

I only run out of gold once, the first time i played this game, and its frustrating. The second game i played, i did the things better and never run out of money.

U should start again with a warrior (with warrior is easier) , and once u learn the basic tactics, how to use sacrifice spell, how to play no losses battles (basic if u want to keep your money), u can start again with a mage.

And i forgot, if u discovered Verona u can buy ROYAL GRIFFINS, that are awesome units and can summon avenging guards. Really useful when the things are going hard.

Solution when you run out of money and don't wanna start a new game and start everything all over=cheats

just add some money with cheats not that hard and you'll save million years of time instead of going through the half of the game again -.-

EDIT: damn didn't notice this is pretty old thread ^^