PDA

View Full Version : What's good against cyclops

Tianx
02-27-2010, 10:17 PM
I love these guys on my team but when the enemy has more than 2 stacks of 8 of them, it's hard to not have heavy loss during the fight. Anyone got a good suggestion on fighting them? I am currently using mage class but any general strategy would be helpful as well.

Metathron
02-27-2010, 10:34 PM
I would use a unit like red dragons + stone skin + heal & any other spells you have.

TemjinGold
02-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Summon stuff (phantoms work great) and park the summons in front of them.

DGDobrev
02-27-2010, 11:09 PM
I'd say anything with good physical defense parked in front of them, plus a unit with magic damage, this is the only type of damage cyclops are not resistant to. The more the damage, the better the unit :)

ivra
02-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Playing as a mage, I find that I can normally damage them enough with my spells to ignore them and just repair the damage they do to my units afterwards.

BB Shockwave
04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I found that Ghosts are great against them as shields, especially if you have items to boost their physical resistance. As for damaging them - use magic damage, Lightning or Ice Snake does wonders.

If you only have physical hitters, I found that Level 3 Weakness really helps. They have a high defense and -60% decrease makes them a lot more malleable.

rollems
04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Ball of lightning. :D

ckdamascus
04-16-2010, 01:09 AM
I found that Ghosts are great against them as shields, especially if you have items to boost their physical resistance. As for damaging them - use magic damage, Lightning or Ice Snake does wonders.

If you only have physical hitters, I found that Level 3 Weakness really helps. They have a high defense and -60% decrease makes them a lot more malleable.

I concur. Level 3 Weakness turns them into silly putty against my ranged units. Very efficient spell.

Zechnophobe
04-16-2010, 01:56 AM
I think we are referring to Helplessness? It is generally 80% reduction in defense, due to the negative morale, by the way.

That is almost always the most damage efficient ability to use on level 5 units, since they lose so much raw defense when it is applied.

ckdamascus
04-16-2010, 09:15 AM
I think we are referring to Helplessness? It is generally 80% reduction in defense, due to the negative morale, by the way.

That is almost always the most damage efficient ability to use on level 5 units, since they lose so much raw defense when it is applied.

Ugh, you are right. I can't believe I missed that one. Weakness is pretty darn worthless. I was indeed referring to Helplessness. :)

machival
04-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Another good spell to use against resistant creatures, and even against the Black Dragon, yes, you read well, spell on black dragons (bug?!) is plague. I don't think it works on Cyclops though, he has Stone ability. But try Plague on Dragons. Or Plague+Helplessness. It brings most creatures to defense = 1.

ckdamascus
04-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Another good spell to use against resistant creatures, and even against the Black Dragon, yes, you read well, spell on black dragons (bug?!) is plague. I don't think it works on Cyclops though, he has Stone ability. But try Plague on Dragons. Or Plague+Helplessness. It brings most creatures to defense = 1.

Wow, great idea! I should have known this because I usually roll with black dragons on my team and was thoroughly frustrated that necros kept plaguing them.

My super archer team usually does lvl 3 helplessness on level 5 units, or pygmy on lower units. However, black dragons gave me a serious problem until you told me about plague!

Can plague infect your own troops? That was the only reason I never got it.

machival
04-20-2010, 06:22 PM
I think that plague can infect your own troops, yes, so you must be a little careful , but even so, it hurts them more then it hurts you. I didn't have a problem with it, because usually the unit that is targeted by plague and helplessness and then attacked by all units , does not make it next round alive ;)