PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Where are the "good" units?????

N3MES1S
02-23-2010, 03:06 PM
I played 8 games, 4 on normal and 4 on hard difficulty. Well, im getting crazy on how AP lacks on their random-spawn units system. I am level 22, just cleared Debir, Scarlett, Rusty Anchor, Bola, Dersu and Verona except the Demenion Castle. I only can find paladins on the temple of love (only on Debir -> 5..). I CANT find archmages (only on Scarlett -> 4, no archmages on debir lol), trolls, royal griffins, beholders, evil beholders, cyclops, knights, horsemen, demonologist, griffins, necromancers, ogres (only 4 on Dersu), etc and a lot more, i mean where the hell are the level 3-4-5 units??????? Right now, i have a "poor" army -> inquisitors, guardsmen, polar bears, bowmen and royal snakes (and im running out of royal snakes). This is at level 22... any idea?? should i start AGAIN?... i am having no problems to advance, but i hate my army -.- and im getting bored. I was searching for trolls, demonologists, royal griffins or something good damnit.

DGDobrev
02-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Well, I would suggest scanning your save game file and checking for those units.

If there are none around, take some units from Montero (since you've cleaned verona, montero should be open for you). Cannoneers are great, Alchemists are the bane of all dragons or units without poison resistance (+ they have no retaliation), and the random spawn may have provided some lvl 5 units in the various buildings there - like dragons, giants, trolls or cyclopses.

mcgriffin
02-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Try collecting the teana stones. Getting the 2nd, 4th and 6th stone will usually trigger tons of archmages, horsemen, knights and paladins in debir, both the main castle and royal university. Also beating Arnold Henningem might give you royal human units but that's a tough fight.

N3MES1S
02-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Well, I would suggest scanning your save game file and checking for those units.

If there are none around, take some units from Montero (since you've cleaned verona, montero should be open for you). Cannoneers are great, Alchemists are the bane of all dragons or units without poison resistance (+ they have no retaliation), and the random spawn may have provided some lvl 5 units in the various buildings there - like dragons, giants, trolls or cyclopses.

Well, im no "new" on this game -.- but thx for the advises. If u guys read my post, i cleared Bola so i have the 2nd stone. But it didnt give me archmages on debir, only 5 paladins and 200 guardsmen.. I know i can go to Montero and i dont have any problem, the question is not about me having problems to advance, im just asking if someone knows how the hell is possible that there are no level 3-4-5 units before Montero.. i always get Royal Griffins, or Demonologists, or Paladins or something else on earlier levels (4-15), but this time, there is nothing really useful or better said, something "funny". The only "high" level creature i found were polar bears XD. Well, 4 royal torns on Debir pff and 4 Ogres on Dersu but hmm nothing more lol.

McSwan
02-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, On my first game I played I got 5 demonologists in Scarlet and constantly sacrificed units to to get there numbers up, while maintaining no losses. New unit will show up somewhere, It looks like you could goto in elon and get some dragons/elves.

Metathron
02-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, On my first game I played I got 5 demonologists in Scarlet

Was that a mage game by any chance? I'm asking because the only time I (and at least one other person) saw this unit was in a mage game, and if I remember correctly there were exactly 5 available.

KrazyDocK
02-24-2010, 02:24 AM
On my normal paladin game, I got a few demonologists early... can't remember where exactly... scarlet I think. I also used sacrifice to grow their numbers.

KD

McSwan
02-24-2010, 03:54 AM
yup I was a mage.

N3MES1S
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I got demonologists on my 2nd or 3rd game i played, but on the mage tower on Verona. Right now, im on Montero, cleared tekron and umkas and only found giants, sigh, needed to cast a call collosus spell to finally get 12 trolls. This game is one of the worst ive ever played lol wat a bad units. I wish i could find demonologist somewhere else, now im using archmages but cant find more than the 120 stack on Verona lol Xd. Cant find more than 35 cannoners on Montero omg. Not even on the Hagni Castle and the other one. My only hope right now is Elon. I think i will get hunters or druids.. (i cant get anything else .. ).

KongMysen
02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Was that a mage game by any chance? I'm asking because the only time I (and at least one other person) saw this unit was in a mage game, and if I remember correctly there were exactly 5 available.

They are as random as any other unit without a "home island"

I played through twice now. One warrior and one Mage. My warrior found a whopping 200 on Verona and even more on Reha and Nameless Island.
My Mage only saw 150.... And those were on Nameless Island.

Vodich
02-24-2010, 07:28 PM
@ poster:
remember, this game is random-based, what do u think what that means?
if u want ur favorit army, u should scan ur save b4 u start to play.
anotherwise, see it as a challenge.

N3MES1S
02-25-2010, 03:06 PM
@ poster:
remember, this game is random-based, what do u think what that means?
if u want ur favorit army, u should scan ur save b4 u start to play.
anotherwise, see it as a challenge.

Thats the point, too much random and no random at all lol. And nop, i dont want my favourite army, i just want a totally different army with interesting units, not only torns, snakes, spiders, pirates and bowmen xDDD. < joke one thing is the random system, imagine u play 8 games and u get the same crap units all the time, will be boring. So i think more good random units on the first 4 - 5 island should be better.

Metathron
02-25-2010, 03:35 PM
So i think more good random units on the first 4 - 5 island should be better.

Definitely a good idea, especially for people who can't or don't (want to) kite maps!

loreangelicus
02-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Thats the point, too much random and no random at all lol. And nop, i dont want my favourite army, i just want a totally different army with interesting units, not only torns, snakes, spiders, pirates and bowmen xDDD. < joke one thing is the random system, imagine u play 8 games and u get the same crap units all the time, will be boring. So i think more good random units on the first 4 - 5 island should be better.

I think the developers were trying to control the challenge offered by the first 4 islands (Debir-Scarlet-Bolo-Rusty Anchor) by limiting the unit types. You did get a bad hand though if Verona didn't give you any good units... but all games have the assured units, and those are the ones I usually play with anyways: Royal Thorns, Inquisitors, Royal Snakes, Archmages, Repair Droids, Guard Droids, Cyclopses.

The wanderer scrolls also provide a great variety of troops, but they could be rare if you haven't been using the pet dragon to dig a lot. In the game I'm playing I got 4 Call Colossus and 2 Call of Death just through duplicate navi maps and dragon dig at Debir-Scarlet-Bolo; see attached screenshot of my game at Bolo (already used 2 Call Colossus to get black and red dragons). So dig up!

Zechnophobe
02-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Cyclopses aren't assured actually. Of my 8 play throughs, only 6 had cyclopses in Bolo.

N3MES1S
02-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Well, right now, the things are better. I used 2 call colossus scrolls and now i have red dragons and ogres on my army, i switch between cyclops and the red dragons and ogres / knights. But it cost me to reach level 35 to finally get something good.. also have 9 trolls that im keepeng on the castle till i find more. I found 10 cyclops on montero, and red/black dragons on the dragon lair on montero. Almost.. but cant find demonologists,, i hope on nameless island will give me some, or maybe on sheterra. Wish me good luck !! lol.

KongMysen
02-26-2010, 04:22 AM
In the game I'm playing I got 4 Call Colossus and 2 Call of Death just through duplicate navi maps and dragon dig

Duplicate scrolls, aren't found in the scanner, are they? Is there anyway to change, what is found? If the scanner can't find them, they shouldn't be fixed...

Sorry for being a bit off-topic.

loreangelicus
02-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Duplicate scrolls, aren't found in the scanner, are they? Is there anyway to change, what is found? If the scanner can't find them, they shouldn't be fixed...

Sorry for being a bit off-topic.

The specific wanderer scroll you get from a duplicate navi scroll is fixed. I guess the reason why the KBScanner does not pick it up is because it's original state is still a navi map; it only becomes a wanderer scroll when you already have that navi map.

There is no way to change the resulting scroll since there is no tied-up battle to it; just as you cannot change the first wanderer scroll Elenhel gives you, but you could change the rest of the wanderer scrolls he produces every 30 battles.

I'm sure someone could tweak or modify the KBScanner to also check what a navi map becomes if it is a duplicate, but in itself it is already a big help.

N3MES1S
02-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, i started this post with a crap army, and now i dont know wat units to put on my army lol. I found on the Samman castle , before kill him a stack of 68 red dragons, a horde of knights and 40 cyclops. Well, after killed Samman (i bought a lot of cyclops and red dragons before) he gaves me: more red dragons, a stack of 120 trolls!, a stack of 90 ogres!, a horde of black knights!, and 200 demonologists!! looool. O of course, a horde of imps too. -.- Omg right now i am outnumbered of good units, i dont know if i should use demonologists instead of inquisitors, or knights instead of ogres, or trolls instead of knights, or red dragons instead of cyclops... should i discard paladins?? I am near the end , only left to kill zigaldis and clear Reha.

kalafus2002
03-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Well I'm playing this game for the first time and I found a shield that gives you dragons from time to time (don't remember the name). 3 black, 1 red, 4 green and 2 bone dragoons so far. And I have around 100k and just arrived at Montero.

Zechnophobe
03-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Well I'm playing this game for the first time and I found a shield that gives you dragons from time to time (don't remember the name). 3 black, 1 red, 4 green and 2 bone dragoons so far. And I have around 100k and just arrived at Montero.

Ah yes, the Shield of Rekrosse. It gives you a new dragon every time you level up (there is a little delay between level up and dragon acquisition). New dragon in shield over-rides old one. Best item in the game.