PDA

View Full Version : Best Troops to Use Against All Dragons Enemies

watersky82
02-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Any recommendations for no loss?

I know Arch Demon is probably the number one recommendation.

Probably Royal Griffin,Knights, Green Dragon?

MaroonMaurader
02-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Level 1-4 units generally are not good in that situation. Archdemons are great, Red Dragons are great (they won't hurt the enemy much, but that's what spells are for), Black Dragons passable if there aren't too many enemy dragons, Green Dragons pretty good. If you know Phoenix, a phoenix will also work - just bring in 1 low-health, high-initiative stack of a low-level unit, summon phoenix before the enemy dragons get a turn (hopefully you have onslaught), then resurrect your starting stack (if it died) just before striking the killing blow.

I think Paladins get a damage bonus vs. dragons, but they'll die eventually if there are enough enemy dragons (e.g., in Ultrax or Montero's dragon cave).

If you have Eye of the Storm (-1 speed to enemy flying and soaring creatures), you can often cluster all your units at one corner out of reach of the enemy, summon a unit at the opposite corner (in reach of the enemy), then use shooters to pick them off. I think the Hunter damage bonus vs. beasts also works against Dragons, although I could be mistaken.

Those are the easy approaches I know of, although there are probably others.

GodClone
02-16-2010, 08:59 AM
1 stack of archdemons with geyser and trap as dmg spells .

DragonBlaster
02-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I just cleaned Montero's lair is 1 stack of Knights (86 of them) in no-loss. I have 2 Dragon shields so 70% fire resistance and 30% base resistance for my Knights. I use basically 2 spells on top of that: guarding angel (or whatever it is called) and resurrection, with Mana accelerator only from my Dragon. Traps and mana rings are also great there. :rolleyes:

BB Shockwave
04-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Ancient Vampires work quite well too. Granted, if the enemy doesn't gang up on them.

In TL any archers with Dragon Arrows were really good dragon killers, sadly the spell doesn't work that way in AP anymore.

iregev
04-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Ancient Vampires work quite well too. Granted, if the enemy doesn't gang up on them.

In TL any archers with Dragon Arrows were really good dragon killers, sadly the spell doesn't work that way in AP anymore.

Dragon arrows was my favorite spell in the KBTL I carried skellies all the time because of it, How does it work in AP ?

BB Shockwave
05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Dragon arrows was my favorite spell in the KBTL I carried skellies all the time because of it, How does it work in AP ?

It doesn't reduce defense to 0, but with a % - and that is only 70% (I think...) at the highest levels too. Haven't used it in my game as I had no archers. But my Gorgul/Gorguana combo easily killed the dragons every time. Even Black Dragons - trick is to attack another weaker unit with your Gorguls that is next to the dragons, thus avoiding retaliation.

N3MES1S
05-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Cyclops works great too. ¿¿rangers against dragons? lol... arrow archers and in general ranger units are the worst possible units against dragons. U cant shot if u have the dragon on melee range, so wats the point lol. Think on it. Ogres are amazing agains dragons and trolls, if u fight on a lair/night, are a good choice too. But, in general lines, u should get level 4-5 units to fight dragons. Knights combined with paladins works well, but u need a relative high number stack of em.

BB Shockwave
06-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Unless if they are in huge numbers, even Dragons can be killed easily by lower level units - in high numbers, of course.

One thing to keep in mind - poison. All dragons are heavily resistant/immune to fire and magic, and have high physical resistance, but are only moderately protected against poison. In KB-The Legend, I found my Royal Snakes to be the ultimate dragon killers. Of course, the Dragon Slayer spell helps too.

Zechnophobe
06-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Royal Snakes only do poison damage when they use their lunge ability. Dragons except for bone dragons have 0% poison resist, bone dragons have 50%... so don't use poison against them.

Razorflame
06-02-2010, 02:25 AM
royal snake can also poison an enemy with a normal attack
but it's based on percentage:)

and royal snake own dragons for sure;)

i love royal snakes one of my favorite units:)

their no retalition and low leadership cost compared to level and the dragon that gives +ini for animals+dragons
make this perfect :D

BB Shockwave
06-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Alchemists work well too, but getting them in position to hit the dragons with their spray is harder.

Zechnophobe
06-03-2010, 10:24 PM
The real answer is Archdemons by the way. They EAT black and Red Dragons, and are about on par with Greens. Mediocre against Bone Dragons.

N3MES1S
06-04-2010, 09:09 AM
its easy. All fire resistance creatures are great units against red/black dragons, poison resistance units are good against bone dragons, and high def units are good against green dragons. Almost all level 5 units are good against dragons, and knights, for example are very good against green dragons and bone dragons. Ogres, with its rage ability is one of the best level 5 units against dragons.

karabaja
06-08-2010, 06:59 AM
if you manage to find Shield of Rekross & Eye of the Dragon (gift bag item) plus some items that give fire resistance in a single game, like i did in my last one, then almost any unit is good against dragons :)
it turns dragons den on Montero with around 100 dragons or so on impossible, from one of the toughest battles into easy one :)

N3MES1S
06-08-2010, 09:11 AM
if you manage to find Shield of Rekross & Eye of the Dragon (gift bag item) plus some items that give fire resistance in a single game, like i did in my last one, then almost any unit is good against dragons :)
it turns dragons den on Montero with around 100 dragons or so on impossible, from one of the toughest battles into easy one :)

¿¿100 dragons?? thats a really hard hard battle ¿sure? i only remember around around 60-70 on the montero dragon den. 20 black dragons in only 1 stack, for example is a really tough match -.-. I was using ogres then, and with only 10 ogres (as i remember) and the rage skill, i killed a stack of 6 black dragons in only 1 hit xD (but i think it was a critical hit). I really dont needed fire protection. I think the more level 5 troops u have, the more easy is the battle against dragons. I cant remember the last time i played with level < 5 troops, but high dragon stacks is not a threat for me anymore xD.

karabaja
06-09-2010, 06:21 AM
¿¿100 dragons?? thats a really hard hard battle ¿sure? i only remember around around 60-70 on the montero dragon den. 20 black dragons in only 1 stack, for example is a really tough match -.-. I was using ogres then, and with only 10 ogres (as i remember) and the rage skill, i killed a stack of 6 black dragons in only 1 hit xD (but i think it was a critical hit). I really dont needed fire protection. I think the more level 5 troops u have, the more easy is the battle against dragons. I cant remember the last time i played with level < 5 troops, but high dragon stacks is not a threat for me anymore xD.
well, i didn't count 'em precisely, but as i remember there was 26 black, 19 red and 17 green all in one stack plus some minor red and green stacks.
i'm pretty sure that before battle i had less than 40 dragons killed, and after battle dragon medal showed 136! i was amazed myself when i saw how big number is.
since i had items that i mentioned before, i used my standard formation: knights, paladins, archmages and droids. it was a no loss battle :)
i love to do no loss battles so i avoid lvl 5 units, especially in late game.

N3MES1S
06-09-2010, 12:58 PM
well, i didn't count 'em precisely, but as i remember there was 26 black, 19 red and 17 green all in one stack plus some minor red and green stacks.
i'm pretty sure that before battle i had less than 40 dragons killed, and after battle dragon medal showed 136! i was amazed myself when i saw how big number is.
since i had items that i mentioned before, i used my standard formation: knights, paladins, archmages and droids. it was a no loss battle :)
i love to do no loss battles so i avoid lvl 5 units, especially in late game.

Must be a strategic matter, cuz i can do no losses battles with level 5 troops more easily than with level 1-4. Specially in later islands -.-

Zechnophobe
06-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Higher defense and resistance, and more HP? That's good for no loss, huh. Who'd have thought.

Razorflame
06-11-2010, 08:41 AM
not really

i prefer fast units

being quicker means u can act faster and have more tactics avaible..

level 5 units cost alot of leadership

which could weaken your army quite a bit

i prefer high quantities of level 4 units they >level 5 with ease

N3MES1S
06-11-2010, 02:25 PM
not really

i prefer fast units

being quicker means u can act faster and have more tactics avaible..

level 5 units cost alot of leadership

which could weaken your army quite a bit

i prefer high quantities of level 4 units they >level 5 with ease

LOL, if all the level 5 units were faster, it will be just a waste of time xD. I use dragons, trolls (fighting at night), cyclops, ogres and inquisitors (my only level < 5 unit -.-). As u can see, there is no speed issue with that level 5 units, dragons can fly, trols gain +2 speed at night (and regenerates), i can cast haste on ogres or use the rage ability, and cyclops attacks either from distance or melee, if u cast stone skin on cyclops they are one of the most hard to kill creatures on the game. All my level 5 units can be healed (except cyclops) and resurrected, and if u have more speed that doesnt mean u can act faster, that depends on the initiative. The slowest level 5 unit i have, ogres, gain initiative everytime it kills a troop. And Trolls gain initiative fighting at night. Red dragons have good initiative. I really dont care about using level 4 or level 5 units, i just played too many games and wanted to play in a different way -.-.

Zechnophobe
06-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Level 5 Army I used for (most of) my no loss Impossible: Black Dragons, Red Dragons, Green Dragons, Bone Dragons, Arch Demons.

"Slowest" unit is a green dragon. I have no idea where you are getting that level 5's are slow. Archies are the fastest unit in the game.

Razorflame
06-11-2010, 05:09 PM
i meant initiative sry xD

Metathron
06-11-2010, 05:35 PM
The slowest level 5 unit i have, ogres, gain initiative everytime it kills a troop.

Isn't it max morale that they gain?

Zechnophobe
06-12-2010, 12:14 AM
i meant initiative sry xD

Archdemons are also tied for the highest initiative in the game, and the lowest initiative on the team is Green Dragons at 5. Combined with any kind of initiative boosting skills and you'll have your entire army going first in just about every battle you ever fight.

N3MES1S
06-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Isn't it max morale that they gain?

Yup, the first troop is killed, orcs gain +10 morale, the initiative bonuse is for trolls playing at night, sorry for that i just mixed things xD. Remember that more morale, more atk and def u have. So, ogres are really dangerous against level 5 troops, that combined with its rage ability, can do hurt really bad to any dragon or level 5 troop.