PDA

View Full Version : Missing Turn Back Time Spell

onemanstanding
02-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Hi everyone,

been a lurker on the forums for a while.
I've read with great interest all the tips and advice from many helpful forum members.

I love both Kings Bounty games (turn based strategy games in general), but what I would like to know is it possible to dig up the 'turn back time' spell with the dragon's ability?

The reason I ask is because I used the save game scanner probably 3/4 of the way through the game, but no 'turn back time' spell was listed.

IS it still possible for me to uncover the spell with the dragon ability even though it was not in the save game scanner?

Thanks for any help.

loreangelicus
02-16-2010, 03:13 AM
All scrolls are possible to dig up, be they regular spells or wanderer spells.

But don't hold your breath for it, dug up treasure have very random contents; that you are already 3/4 finished and have not dug it up shows how hard it is to dig up for a specific spell.

TemjinGold
02-16-2010, 03:33 AM
It is indeed possible as that's actually how I found mine. It IS like 1 in a million though.

MaroonMaurader
02-16-2010, 06:51 AM
There's about 60 spells available. A treasure chest (from combat, with or without dragon) has a 15% chance to be a scroll. If (as I'm guessing, but don't really know) scroll choice is random, you've got about a 0.25% chance that any given chest you dig up is going to be Turn Back Time. It's perfectly reasonable to expect to open at least 900 combat chests over the course of the game. So you should have only a 10.5% chance or so of NOT finding a given scroll in combat during the course of the game - which includes Turn Back Time. But over the course of the game is a long time. With only 1/4 of the game left, it's actually pretty close to 50/50 whether you'll find it this game or not. And again, I'm just guessing that scroll choice is random here; someone who knows more might want to correct me on that.

pavned
02-16-2010, 11:56 AM
I'll just add my 2 cents to that as it's the wide consensus on the forum... the digging treasure skill of the pet dragon is pretty much the best skill exactly for the randomness part of the game.

I'm a level 14 Mage (impossible) and that skill is already maxed out (3 treasures for 8 rage).

I'm trying to wipe out Rusty Anchor only with a stack of 2 red dragons (going well so far).

But I still take time (sometimes chances) to dig my 3 chests. I got the great target spell (couldn't find it anywhere in rusty, scarlett, bola, debir and even 3/4 of Verona) and phoenix spell like that. Plus I already got myself 5 runes this way and 3 wanderer scroll... 1 call of colossus, 1 ancient knowledge and 1 depth of tought (which I'm gonna use as soon as I can reach that elenhel guy!)

In my previous game, as a paladin in normal, couldn't find the resurection skill anywhere in debir, scarlett, bola, rusty, verona and Montero. Finally dig it up during a fight against a regular ennemy in Tekron.

:arrow:So dig up my friend... dig up!

travelingoz
02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
@ onemanstanding

Items found on the battlefield, whether they be AI placed or dug up by your Dragon, are NOT found by the save game scanner.
I dug 3 chests every battle from Scarlet onwards and only found Timeback on the last Reha! :grin:

onemanstanding
02-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks for taking the time out to reply to my question :).

So to sum up, i'll keep on digging and hopefully, with a fair bit of luck the missing 'turn back time' spell will turn up.

I'm pleased that there is still a chance that it may miraculously appear, just when i least expect no doubt :grin:

SirJohn
02-17-2010, 12:27 PM
No one mentioned this, but you can also get that scroll from Cher.

Metathron
02-17-2010, 01:52 PM

Hahahahaha!!! Touche! :lol:

As for the topic, I had neither TBT, Resurrection or Death Star in my last game as mage. Re: the phantom Death Star spell I'm beginning to think DGD made it up. ;)

onemanstanding
02-17-2010, 02:31 PM

Who is Cher?
Where can I find him or her or it :)?

Metathron
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Here (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dqs4_cher-if-i-could-turn-back-time_music) ;)

onemanstanding
02-17-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm a bit slow today, lol

Good one :grin: