PDA

View Full Version : Bug report

Mojko
02-13-2010, 07:05 PM
I found few bugs that I wanted to report.

There is a bug with the item "Skull of pain". Fighting a keeper battle (suppress or upgrade some item) will not reduce the strength of the enchantment of the skull, but it will still halve your mana at the beginning of the battle. So either don't halve the mana or lower the strength of the enchantment after the keeper battle. This bug is present in the King's Bounty and also in Armored princess as well.

Then I found two typos:

One spell called "Divine armor" is also being referenced in some descriptions as "Armor of god".

Another one is "Intellect". Some descriptions reference this as "Intelligence".

Please unify the terminology. Currently it's not a big issue, but it can be confusing sometimes.

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

DGDobrev
02-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Item upgrades and suppresssions do not effect things like skull of pain, victories won (for the rune items), Elenhel's wanderer scroll counter and some other counters. Drinking 50% of the mana is permissible because you still benefit from its enchantments, and most notably, the rage increase in battle. That prevents the item from being exploited.

Mojko
02-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I guess that makes sense ;-) thanks for explanation.

I encountered a bug with the Trapper award. If I understand it correctly, the player is supposed to place a trap on the battlefield and an enemy creature must walk right into it, springing the trap. I did this many times, enemy creature took damage and lost all of it's remaining action points. The problem is, the counter on the Trapper award still remains with value "1".

Am I doing something wrong or is this really a bug?

loreangelicus
02-14-2010, 02:29 PM
To count towards the Trap Medal counter, the unit must be killed by the trap.

DGDobrev
02-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Just a side note - both your and enemy units killed by the trap improves the trap medal counter, with the exception of summoned creatures. You should read the KBAP info thread. I know it's a lot of reading but you will find answers to many questions that look like game bugs there.

Mojko
02-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Thank you, I'll be sure to read it before I post any bug report again :)

Mojko
02-16-2010, 09:56 AM
There seems to be a bug within one of the Pet dragon's spell description "Ball of Lightning" (see the image).

http://helppage.3dfx.sk/fendek/glitch.png

Instead of Shock chance, Rest needed after cast and Rage needed to cast, only text {shock}, {rest} and {rage} are displayed. So, instead of variables values, variables names are displayed.

deadalus
02-24-2010, 09:34 AM
another 2 bugs:
paladin's prayer doesnt resurrect plants which contradicts the unit description.
veteran orc's counter attack does effect furious units like griffins which contradicts the unit description

btw, many thanks for the trap thing :)

Goekhan
04-04-2010, 04:32 PM
paladin's prayer doesnt resurrect plants which contradicts the unit description.

I second this. Sorry for bringing an old topic here. It maybe conflicting with Plant and Machine attributes (which describes, cannot be resurrected), maybe in code, it does work but Plant and Machine attributes return false :P

ckdamascus
04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I had 70% astral resistance due to items, casted divine armor, and was horrified to see my resistance was still 70%.

I think it should raise all resistances, like the description says. :) And if we believe the Divine Armor does not affect Alien powers that come from the Astral plane... well that is a whole new set of problems.