PDA

View Full Version : Questions on medal building

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Do spells cast just after the 10th round message, "this battle is long" count toward the medal? Specifically I mean when they are cast during round 10, I know they won't count at round 11. I'm just thinking because that message indicates a major change took place.

I read somewhere that only 1 cast of a spell counts per round, so no casting Stoneskin 2 times in the same round, only 1 of them counts is that for sure?

Does it work to cast 2 different spells that count toward the same medal in 1 round. So if I cast a Stoneskin as a hero spell and a Magic Shield by the Arch-Mage do I get 2 medal points for that 1 round, or is it an absolute cap of 1 point per round?

I'm pretty sure it's so but just in case anyone can confirm. Casting spells toward the medal count even when cast on the Angelic Guard, even though the spell dissipates?

Guardian Angel Medal mentions 'Armor of God' I assume that means Divine Armor?

Battle Alchemy seems to have some vague variables. It seems that a Red or Black Dragon normal attack counts toward gaining the medal? Or is it just those Dragons special attacks? It seems Bowmen Flame Arrow count? It must or something because I was gaining that medal even though I didn't have Chaos magic.
Also and more importantly. The +% Damage gained from the Battle Alchemy Medal, does that bonus boost Red & Black Dragons regular attack, Demonologist Flaming Skull or Bowmen Flame Arrow?
Or is there a confirmed list of everything it boosts?

Metathron
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Well, it says in the first 10 rounds, which should include round 10? There are several sloppy translation errors, however, so that might well be wrong.

As for double casting, I think that counts. I didn't test it out, but I thought every casting counted when I spammed oil mist for the Fire mage medal. This can easily be checked.

Armor of God = Divine Armour

I believe any attack that causes a target to be burned or poisoned counts towards Battle Alchemy. In my experience this was one of the easiest medals to attain, and not just as a mage where you have the added benefit of chaos magic spells. Royal snakes and dragons are great for boosting the medal effortlessly. Having said that, I'd also like to know which things it benefits: only a few spells or also creatures with a fire/poison-based attack?

Avi
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Do spells cast just after the 10th round message, "this battle is long" count toward the medal? Specifically I mean when they are cast during round 10, I know they won't count at round 11. I'm just thinking because that message indicates a major change took place.

I've assumed only the first 9 rounds count but I cant verify this.

I read somewhere that only 1 cast of a spell counts per round, so no casting Stoneskin 2 times in the same round, only 1 of them counts is that for sure?

Does it work to cast 2 different spells that count toward the same medal in 1 round. So if I cast a Stoneskin as a hero spell and a Magic Shield by the Arch-Mage do I get 2 medal points for that 1 round, or is it an absolute cap of 1 point per round?

For me double casting per round DID count. So casting 2 stoneskin in round 4 adds 2 to the counter or casting one flame arrow and one stoneskin add 1 for each timer even though you do it in the same round.

I'm pretty sure it's so but just in case anyone can confirm. Casting spells toward the medal count even when cast on the Angelic Guard, even though the spell dissipates?

I avoided casting on them so I can't comment on this.

Guardian Angel Medal mentions 'Armor of God' I assume that means Divine Armor?
I believe it's one of those translation errors and that they do mean that yes. I don't expect translation fixes soon, but it would be nice.

Battle Alchemy seems to have some vague variables. It seems that a Red or Black Dragon normal attack counts toward gaining the medal? Or is it just those Dragons special attacks? It seems Bowmen Flame Arrow count? It must or something because I was gaining that medal even though I didn't have Chaos magic.
Also and more importantly. The +% Damage gained from the Battle Alchemy Medal, does that bonus boost Red & Black Dragons regular attack, Demonologist Flaming Skull or Bowmen Flame Arrow?
Or is there a confirmed list of everything it boosts?

Only if you ignite (they get the BURN status) or poison (green effect does also damage for 3 rounds) count towards the medal. Not all enemies can be burnt and not all spells are 100% burn especially at the start when your magic is weak. Flame arrow only has a 20% or so chance to burn at start. I think Phoenix is probably your best bet to get enemies burnt the quickest since they can hit 3 targets at once and his attack ignites unless immune.

I think the medal only boosts the amount of damage the BURN and POISON status does to enemies (those inflicted at the start of their turn the next round) and not the base damage. This is very nice on the larger stacks since default damage is hitpoint based, with a full medal you do 30% more on that hitpoint based damage.

Hope this clarifies a bit. If anyone has additional info let me know.

TemjinGold
02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Spells on Round 10 do count. Trap always works regardless of round. I usually mess around with them for the first 10 rounds spamming Stone Skin, Oil Mist, and Magic Shield (Archmage). Then start round 11, I start killing with Trap.

02-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Excellent tips on the Battle Alchemy. That makes sense on the burn/poison bit and great idea for the Phoenix. So Dragon main attack would count if it burns.

That's good to know about the trap working past round 10, I wouldn't have thought that.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

02-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Finally remembered to check a before and after. As expected spells cast on Angelic Guards do count toward medals.

For building the Iron Knight medal: Demons summoned by Demonologist are a good target for Berserker spell. One drawback of Berserker is the loss of control over a unit. Since Demonologist summoned demons are already totally out of player control it's no loss. Plus the demons make good use of the attack% increase.

loreangelicus
02-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Ghost Blade is probably the easiest to use to build Iron Knight. Pretty neat at taking down tough defense/resistance enemies like paladins/knights/dragons/ghosts.