PDA

View Full Version : Rohum can be good for building medals and Pet experience

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Each time I've fought Rohum he almost only casts Demon Portal bringing in more milk supply thankfully instead of dumping annoying Geysers & Lightning attacks all over. Unlike ZagZag who casts a Geyser almost every round, almost impossible to end that without a loss even when the battle is super easy.

Rohum's got only Executioners, so one can prepare for melee units doing physical damage. Angelic Guards are great with their 50%+ physical resistance. I summoned up a bunch of Angelic Guards and Demons. Once the stacks are worn down my main units can just sit back and watch the summoned spawn beat back and forth with the Executioners building up Rage to spend on pet dragon experience via Mana Accelerator. Casting Berserker or Stone Skin every round on the demons to build up the medals. Easy to end the battle maxed on mana & rage.
Executioners, Angelic Guards & Demons are all just strong enough that they don't die for the full 10 rounds as long as my main units just sit back and watch, casting support and medal building as needed.
I like how the Angelic Guards are walling in the Executioners on one side from getting to the main units while the Cerberus is getting em from the other side in this screen shot.

Even rated as Lethal on Hard difficulty Rohum was one of the easiest battles so far.
3657 experience and a new level! Not even deserved.
Iron Knight Level 2. Well deserved, those medals are work to get.
I really wish it showed how much experience the pet dragon gains each battle.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3756/rohummilk.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/i/rohummilk.jpg/)

TemjinGold
02-12-2010, 01:18 PM
It does show how much the dragon gains each battle. Just click the button on the experience screen that comes up and you'll see it.

02-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks, I'll look for that.

I'm finding Chosha to be super excellent for rage, exp. medal milking. 2 big stacks of Chosha left at the end of a 3 round battle and 7 rounds to milk. Chosha has to be one of the more useless units of the game.

02-13-2010, 03:41 PM
It does show how much the dragon gains each battle. Just click the button on the experience screen that comes up and you'll see it.

I'm not seeing the button you're suggesting. You mean on the battle summary at the end of battle? There doesn't seem to be any buttons there. When I mouse over the pet dragon portrait it shows how much experience he has and how much till the next level but I don't see anywhere how much experience was gained in just that battle.

DGDobrev
02-13-2010, 04:29 PM
You may consider using the 2 played-made interface mods. They are extremely useful for better char or pet planning and better clarity while playing the game.

This is the post. Whan you need is the interface and pet hint mods. They will not alter your game or reduce the fun you're having from it by any means, because they do no alter any game parameters.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11156

02-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the link, but I'm running those already. Very helpful, really happy to have it. Especially like the camera angle improvements. The in game pet advancement data is really nice. Wish it allowed full range of camera angle adjustment in battle like the resident/trainer camera thing available for The Legend. Really like to see a fully strait down view whenever desired as well as rotate a full 360 during battle. Some battles allow a fully strait down view like the Fogot Hero battle, why not all?
(I was thinking why did the original game have such a sharp downward angle restricting vision in the travel aspect? Maybe because if you can put the angle to see further, seeing where distant enemies and items are too far off in the distance is too much advantage, same with pulling the view out really far with strait down view. And/or such views seem to use more processing power and things run faster on most PC's when the angle isn't showing so much. The game is 80% funner when the camera angle isn't so sharply down and you're allowed to see off toward the horizon, much more beautiful scenery, so much is lost otherwise.)

But do you know where to look for the experience gained by the pet after each battle? I don't understand what TemjinGold means and somehow I'm not seeing it... Simple things have a tendency to slip past me sometimes... Is it on here somewhere or somewhere else?

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5346/victoryscreen80.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/i/victoryscreen80.jpg/)

DGDobrev
02-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Well, I guess you can compare it from what you started and where you ended. The next thing you can do is to check the yellow line under your pet's picture after a battle and get a certain idea how much XP it got.

I haven't ound a place where the pets XP is calculated, but the guideline "lower leadership than the enemy + hit/kill more opponents" usually works for me. Come to think of it, I rarely look at my pet's XP, simply use it as I see gfit and select the level ups :)

02-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh I see what TemjinGold means is the button that expands the short/details thing. But yeah it doesn't show exactly how much XP is gained by pet for that battle, just for the hero. I just like to see exact details for everything.

I'd like to see a detailed readout for each individual unit (ally and enemy), how much damage it dealt, how much damage it took, how many kills it made, How many times each spell was cast, How many times each pet ability was used, How many battles have been fought so far for whole game total, kills total game, losses total game, some other things too.