PDA

View Full Version : No Archangels - A Pity

watersky82
02-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Hmm, wouldn't it be great if there are archangels in king bounty.

Dwarf has Giant
Demon has Archdemon
Lizard has Tirax
Elves has Ancient Ent
Undead has Bone Dragon
Orcs has Orge

Only Humans don't have level 5 units.

It would be great to have Archangels,
+1 to all human morale
Double damage against ArchDemons
Receive Double damage from ArchDemons
Resurrection :-P

DGDobrev
02-02-2010, 03:34 AM
That sounds a lot like the Heroes series doesn't it? :)

Zechnophobe
02-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Well, let's be honest, how much of this doesn't have a faint whiff of HOMM on it?

I actually think they could trick out paladins as a level 5 units (Hopefully with an even more impressive model) and that'd make me happy right there.

TemjinGold
02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I rather like the fact that humans don't have an L5 because let's face it, humans are weak... :)

aghiuta
02-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Well, the HOMM series is actually based on the original King's Bounty.
A lvl5 human unit would be good, but with a power different than resurrection, because humans already have 2 units with this power.

TemjinGold
02-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Let's get the Fallen Angel then. Life leech ftw! :D

DGDobrev
02-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, the HOMM series is actually based on the original King's Bounty.
A lvl5 human unit would be good, but with a power different than resurrection, because humans already have 2 units with this power.

I absolutely agree with that. The first King's Bounty was launched for the old Amiga, Apple II, Commodore 64, while Heroes of Might and Magic I was launched in 1995, if I recall correctly.

King's Bounty was Launched in 1990 for Amiga, APL2 and MS-DOS, and in 1991 for C64. Its Designer was Jon Van Caneghem, who is famous for designing the Might and Magic and the early Heroes of Might and Magic series for 3DO/New World Computing (NWC).

Here's the sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King%27s_bounty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Van_Caneghem

So in essence, HOMM series are based on King's Bounty, and have the same designer.

N3MES1S
02-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Well, humans doesnt have lvl 5 creatures, but they have paladins, horsemen and knights, enough for suply any level 5 unit. A bit more damage for archmages should be good -.-