PDA

View Full Version : Is it me..?

pavned
02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm reading a lot of hints and tips suggesting great strategies to prevent loss of units and so enabling a no-loss campaign.

But I kind of wonder how those tips are really possible for a paladin-class game! It seems that a lot of tricks involve combos of spells. Looks like those tips are really easy to put in place with a Mage-class hero and the abiolity to cast 2 spells in a turn but really hard for a Paladin.

Any great Paladin advice out there? I'm using Cyclops, but after a walk in the abandoned mine maze, the Fangol battle and the Axe of element quest I manage to lost 4 cyclops. I did use Stone skin and even peacefullness but the ennemy were really aiming at them! Couldn't manage to defend them!

DGDobrev
02-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Moro's Splinter, Black Knights, Stone Skin, Evlin. I guess that will have to do... In my opinion the Paladin is the hardest to achieve a no-loss, because you'll have to play him like a warrior with minimal magic support, because if you play him like a mage, he will never be as effcient due to his lack of dual-casting...

So I think it's not just you :)

Zechnophobe
02-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Paladin is definitely the hardest for no loss, but in a lot of ways much easier for any other kind of victory, due to his UBERRRR resurrection skill.

With the Paladin, you are going to want to farm dragons if you at all possibly can. Get those buggers and go crazy with 2 or 3 morale on them.

lauvhk
02-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Would it be better if they change the way the resurrection skill did? Say allowing the resurrection to happen before the combat ends or upgrade the resurrection spell to allow resurrecting level 5 units.

DGDobrev
02-02-2010, 09:47 AM
I think it's perfect as it is, because it is an "I win" button. Start with a single stack of Black Knights, nuke the enemy into oblivion with armageddon and get all of the BK's back. Happy days :)

TemjinGold
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I think allowing the res spell to revive L5s only for the paladin once he has his skill to L3 is fair.

N3MES1S
02-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Paladin is almost like warrior, its easier to end the game with no -loss with paladin than with mage, for example. I only got 212 no losses matches (i really didnt want to go for "no losses game") but, playing with paladin is easy, like playing with warrior. Just use paladins, inquisitors, royal griffins, guardsmen and archmages. Piece of cake. But u CANT USE DRAGONS, black knights or level 5 creatures if u want to use res spells. Yes, thats a shame but if u want to res everyone on your army, u need to play with almost all humans. Yup, i hope this will be fixed in a future. Using paladins as main tanks (with teleport go and go back) + paladin res skill + res spell + res heroe skill, its almost impossible u lose any unit. I love cyclops with stone skin, but for the same res reason and for the reason i always run out of cyclops (they are really lack off on this game, i never can get more than 10 cyclops on a seller.) i just drop em.

And the game is much easier playing as paladin or warrior than playing with mage. U will encounter the game much hard for makin no losses with mage that with paladin. Almost for me. But paladin?? its like warrior, raise your atk and def and raise your mind skills. I ended with 32 atk, 44 def, 16 int, and with almost all the mind and might tree completed. Once u have teleport spell, stone skin, resurrection, healing, and peacefulness if u are using ball of lightning, the game turns too easy if u playing with paladin or warrior. End the game with no losses is always hard (much hardest with mage) but its possible. I didnt do it, but i really not going for it.

DGDobrev
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
With all due respect, black knights and bone dragons are the most viable units for a no-loss game. Evlin should be nerfed becaused it is only 35 mana and can ress over 150 BK's/15-20 Bone Dragons in one go, and that's some mana that both warriors and paladins can spare and regain on the next turn with calm rage.

Inquisitors are squishy for a no-loss game. Only 70 health is pretty low. Even though the can generate rage, in boss battles, where a no-loss game is decided, the AI usually goes after them first and they may be gone before you even know it, and casting time back over and over as a warrior or paladin will drain them of mana in record time.

Although I admit that I made my first no-loss mage game with humans (paladins, knights, horsemen, archmagi, demonologists), it was touch and go for a while. 1 more hit from baal and I wouldn't be able to ress my losses (even with phantom at 93%). So I consider myself lucky :)