PDA

View Full Version : Artifacts - Best items class?

pavned
01-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Just wondering if I'm the only one who thinks the artifact items are the best there si in the game?

And so, why is the Paladin getting only 1 slot for them? Even with a companion, it's not a given you'll get an additionnal slot. Like Moro who doesn'T have artifact slot.

DGDobrev
01-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Because in general, the Warrior is supposed to use brute force, and this is why she wields weapons and shields, and she gets 2 weapons or 1 weapon + 1 shield. Paladin is supposed to be a defender and a leader, this is why she gets more regalia slots and a weapon + shield. The mage is supposed to be the master of the arcane, and this is why she gets 3 whole artifact slots.

I also consider artifacts to be one of the best items one can equip. The other classes may still make due with their slots, though :) - and to good effect!

pavned
01-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Was just asking cause I have 2 full item sets, the Maiden one (really good) and the Inquisitor.

But since the Maiden is compose of 2 artifacts + boots and the Inquisitor set is compose of Weapon, Regalia and artifact I can't equip both sets at the same time, what a shame, would have love to have my Paladin and inquisitor units +6 moral!

Well, seems like I'll trade that blade after all

;-)

PS I almost ugrade the youth ring (part of the Maiden set) to power ring.... That would have been so wrong!

Zechnophobe
01-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Weapons are my favorite item type. They really allow for some ridiculously beneficial effects. Dagger of judgement, axe of lightning, etc etc.

Most boots kinda suck :( (Twinlkers aside).

DGDobrev
01-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Martyr's Boots FTW. +1000 Leadership, +4 intellect, -1 speed. The speed problem is easily alleviated by mass haste on turn 1 :)

jake21
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Crise where do you find these wicked good items. I seem to only get crap (on my 4th full game). Best items I found are the same 'good' items from kb-tl; never anything like axe of lightning or Martyr boots.

Martyr's Boots FTW. +1000 Leadership, +4 intellect, -1 speed. The speed problem is easily alleviated by mass haste on turn 1 :)

DGDobrev
01-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Axe of Lightning is guaranteed - just buy the Axe of Elements and touch the obelisk of lightning first. Martyr's Boots are an item - part of the Gift Bag bonus from Katauri. When they spawn in the game that is :) I have never had amelie wear them yet.

jake21
01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Hum. I know about that axe then (didn't realize the name) but didn't think it did anything special either thought it was so so. Maybe I didn't read the full description.

Hum. My impossible warrior game just go over the 'hump' (hard part) so it should go pretty fast now then I'll try to continue the impossible mage game and see if any decent items pop in it.

QUOTE=DGDobrev;140609]Axe of Lightning is guaranteed - just buy the Axe of Elements and touch the obelisk of lightning first. Martyr's Boots are an item - part of the Gift Bag bonus from Katauri. When they spawn in the game that is :) I have never had amelie wear them yet.[/QUOTE]

Zechnophobe
02-01-2010, 12:27 AM
+5 atk and 10% crit is a huge boost to damage. Crit % is very easily the strongest late game statistical bonus, as it multiplies with all others, and late game you can have a lot of +morale effects that also efficiently stack with them.

jake21
02-02-2010, 02:09 PM
What are stats on axe of lighting? I did it again (touched all 3 oblesiks without checking what each did to the axe). The final product isn't that great; is axe of lightning nicer ?

DGDobrev
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
+5 Atk/+10% Crit/+20% Lightning spell damage. Since Lightning is Order magic based, it is one of the best spells in the arsenal of the Paladin, and since she's running with mediocre intellect, those 20% are like +4 intellect when casting a Lightning spell (not to mention that it can branch and hit all the enemies in one go, and may shock them, thus incapacitating them).

For the Warrior, the +10% crit alone is a big deal.

joasoz
02-03-2010, 09:41 AM
+5 atk and 10% crit is a huge boost to damage. Crit % is very easily the strongest late game statistical bonus, as it multiplies with all others, and late game you can have a lot of +morale effects that also efficiently stack with them.

I am playing as a mage on hard this time, and I found a belt with +10% crit and a weapon with +20% crit very early in the game. Combined with ancient phoenix from Bolo, I had an easy time early game :)

jake21
02-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I've found pieces of "life ring" or similar (not sure of exact name). This is not quite the same as item set. How many of these pieces are there and what exactly do they do (or for that matter) how do you use them?

The specific piece I found this game was pair of shoes mentioned in this thread that give 4 int but last game I also found a couple of pieces (again can't remember the names of these bloody thing). Both this game and last game the items were found in Elron; land of elves.

Zechnophobe
02-03-2010, 08:09 PM
It owns Undead and Demons basically. there are three pieces, the HOly Cross (made from iron cross) the sandals... and something else I don't remember.

tetleytea
02-04-2010, 12:10 AM
My issue with critical hits is at the end, when it interferes with your resurrects. You're trying to whittle down the last enemy stack as much as you can without killing it, but you have to factor in the possibility of a critical hit. Meaning you have to keep more alive, which means he might wind up killing some of your units right when you just got done resurrecting them.

Zechnophobe
02-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Just use a control spell on the last stack. Fear, polymorph, blind. It much more consistent than trying to get an enemy down to just a couple of troops.

jake21
02-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Ok. I have the cross. The third piece loaded last game - I think it was some sort of ring. Hopefully it will load again this game (but probably not). Hum...

It owns Undead and Demons basically. there are three pieces, the HOly Cross (made from iron cross) the sandals... and something else I don't remember.

travelingoz
02-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Wanderer's gloves - +10 rage guarenteed for a measly 5 mana Teleport spell!
Life Bow - 8% chance to drop branch that will give a permanent +1 Intellect boost when used. (I've got 2 branches from 160 fights so far!)