Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Default Artifacts - Best items class?

Just wondering if I'm the only one who thinks the artifact items are the best there si in the game?

And so, why is the Paladin getting only 1 slot for them? Even with a companion, it's not a given you'll get an additionnal slot. Like Moro who doesn'T have artifact slot.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

Because in general, the Warrior is supposed to use brute force, and this is why she wields weapons and shields, and she gets 2 weapons or 1 weapon + 1 shield. Paladin is supposed to be a defender and a leader, this is why she gets more regalia slots and a weapon + shield. The mage is supposed to be the master of the arcane, and this is why she gets 3 whole artifact slots.

I also consider artifacts to be one of the best items one can equip. The other classes may still make due with their slots, though - and to good effect!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Was just asking cause I have 2 full item sets, the Maiden one (really good) and the Inquisitor.

But since the Maiden is compose of 2 artifacts + boots and the Inquisitor set is compose of Weapon, Regalia and artifact I can't equip both sets at the same time, what a shame, would have love to have my Paladin and inquisitor units +6 moral!

Well, seems like I'll trade that blade after all

PS I almost ugrade the youth ring (part of the Maiden set) to power ring.... That would have been so wrong!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Weapons are my favorite item type. They really allow for some ridiculously beneficial effects. Dagger of judgement, axe of lightning, etc etc.

Most boots kinda suck (Twinlkers aside).
Old 01-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Approved Member

Martyr's Boots FTW. +1000 Leadership, +4 intellect, -1 speed. The speed problem is easily alleviated by mass haste on turn 1
Old 01-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Crise where do you find these wicked good items. I seem to only get crap (on my 4th full game). Best items I found are the same 'good' items from kb-tl; never anything like axe of lightning or Martyr boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Martyr's Boots FTW. +1000 Leadership, +4 intellect, -1 speed. The speed problem is easily alleviated by mass haste on turn 1
Old 01-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Axe of Lightning is guaranteed - just buy the Axe of Elements and touch the obelisk of lightning first. Martyr's Boots are an item - part of the Gift Bag bonus from Katauri. When they spawn in the game that is I have never had amelie wear them yet.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Hum. I know about that axe then (didn't realize the name) but didn't think it did anything special either thought it was so so. Maybe I didn't read the full description.

Hum. My impossible warrior game just go over the 'hump' (hard part) so it should go pretty fast now then I'll try to continue the impossible mage game and see if any decent items pop in it.

QUOTE=DGDobrev;140609]Axe of Lightning is guaranteed - just buy the Axe of Elements and touch the obelisk of lightning first. Martyr's Boots are an item - part of the Gift Bag bonus from Katauri. When they spawn in the game that is I have never had amelie wear them yet.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

+5 atk and 10% crit is a huge boost to damage. Crit % is very easily the strongest late game statistical bonus, as it multiplies with all others, and late game you can have a lot of +morale effects that also efficiently stack with them.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

What are stats on axe of lighting? I did it again (touched all 3 oblesiks without checking what each did to the axe). The final product isn't that great; is axe of lightning nicer ?