PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

jman0war
01-28-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm new to this series and am up to level 8 i think.
Anyway, have got a few very newbie questions.

1. My Amelie is a Warrior, does that mean she won't be able to cast spells?
So far i've been looting and buying scrolls. If i can scribe spells into my Spellbook, how to?

2. How do you use "Rage"? Is is some sort of passive skill? Amelie is not involved in combat whatsoever, bar casting a few scrolls from time to time.

3. I've found the 2nd Island - Scarlet Wind a bit tough. There's a few enemies remaining but they seem too tough. 3rd Island Bolo seems a bit the same unfortunately, so it's like i'm running out of places to go. Any advice?

4. How do i get the password for the "Strange Door" on Scarlet Wind.

5. I've recruited some pirate fella with a nastly scar across one eye from Scarlet Wind. Is there some way to use him or what?

DGDobrev
01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
1. She can cast spells all right. You just need to delve into the Magic tree and get the necessary skills - Order Magic, Distortion Magic and Chaos Magic. Once you learn then you will be ale to scribe spells into your spellbook by expending some magic crystals.

2. Rage is expended by using your pet dragon. Simply click the pet dragon and select a skill to use.

3. Try to fight without losses throughout Debir island. This will let you gain the Grand Strategy medal, which in term will improve your leadership. With more leadership your army will stand greater chance on Scarlet and Bolo.
- Getting victories without losses is greatly helped by using units with more HP. Use Inquisitors to resurrect your fallen troops. If necessary, split an Inquisitor stack in 2 to ensure 2 resurrection posibilities.

4. There is a parrot on Rusty Anchor island. Talk to it repeatedly and he will give you the password: "It's me, Cuttlefish. Let me in"

5. Yes. He is your companion. In addition to his innate ability, each companion has 4 equipment slots in which you can put various items.