PDA

View Full Version : Experience, Gold, Runes, leadership, etc. variation

MaroonMaurader
01-26-2010, 10:35 AM
So out of curiosity, I wrote a quick-and-dirty MATLAB script to take the output of KBScanner and just sum up experience, leadership, gold, crystals, and runes of each type. This includes quest rewards, so it's pretty much a comprehensive summary of how much non-combat experience is available in a given game. I ran it on 10 different games, and the experience available varied from 310k to 350k. About what you might earn from one ancient knowledge scroll or one +5% experience item, but significant nonetheless.

Runes seem to vary between 20 and 40 of each type (the worst I saw had 72 total available: 23, 23, 26, the best 106: 33, 34, 39); gold between 1.4M and 1.6M, leadership 4.5k to 5.5k. Ancient Knowledge scrolls, which I also counted just for kicks, varied between 0 and 5 over the 10 games I checked.

Note that this does not count anything coming from combat (experience, gold, runes dug up, crystals dug up), and does not count the leadership bonuses from progressing along the main quest.

If anyone has a formula for calculating how much base combat xp will be available from a given battle, given a list of monsters participating and any other relevant factors, it would also probably be possible to use the full report to sum up combat experience available and see if that varies noticeably. I don't know that formula so I didn't even try.

ivra
01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
I did some research on enemies with a single type of unit. For instance, all peasants. It allowed me to rule out a lot of things that do not affect the XP you gain after a battle. Notice: I have just begun and I have no idea if what I have found so far is true for boss fights and enemy hero fights. But for a no hero enemy fight I have found the following relationships:

First: What does NOT affect the XP you gain:
- Your Level
- Whether or not you use your Pet Dragon
- Whether or not you use Spells
- The number of troops you use (single stack of 5 full stacks, or any other combo)
- Whether or not you pick the chests that are preset on the battlefield.
- The game level (easy, normal, hard or impossible)

My conclusion is that the XP is based only on the unit you fight, and that it follows the following formula:

XP = 1 + FLOOR(NoOfEnemyUnits / XPFactorForThatUnit)
(FLOOR(X) means rounding X down to the nearest integer)

What remains is to figure out the XP Factor for all the units in the game. To get this far I did some simple battles in the start of the game as shown in the list below:

Unit............ Quantity ... XP .... Unit/XP ... XP Facor
Peasants........... 185 .... 16 ...... 11,56 ......... 12
Devilfish.............. 14 ..... 3 ........ 4,67 .......... 5
Devilfish.............. 15 ..... 4 ........ 3,75 .......... 5
Devilfish.............. 19 ..... 4 ........ 4,75 .......... 5
Devilfish.............. 28 ..... 6 ........ 4,67 .......... 5
Thorn-Hunter....... 97 .... 14 ........ 6,93 .......... 7

The formula works so far, and the XP Factors seems to be:
12 for Peasants
5 for Devilfishs
7 for Thorn-Hunters
(High-level units like dragons will probably have a XP Factor less than 1, which means that one dragon will give more than 1 XP)

It is possible to find all the XP-factors by playing the game as I have done here, but it would be much more efficient if someone with inside knowledge could post a list, and also verify or invalidate what I have written here.

KongMysen
01-30-2010, 04:58 PM
I just engaged fights against the Castle on Settera Today. The Samman Bounty.

I fought him twice since my demonololgist' cerberi finished the fight before I could ressurect my casualties. First go gave me around 9000 xp but the 2nd gave me 12000 xp.

I'm not sure why there's such a big difference between these two fights.

A few suggestions:
Summoned troops give xp? (Samman used Demon Portal)
Mana used by the enemy give xp?
Not loosing troops gives a bonus?

I'm guessing the Demon Portals, but I really can't see how those few portals can boost xp like this.
I think finding the correct mechanism require a lot of testing.

DGDobrev
01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
1. Summoned troops - reading through the comprehensive russian guide, there is no mention that summoned creatures do not give XP: "The experience granted to the hero for a battle is directly related to the total Leadership of all killed creatures."

So they should give, because the XP in combat is equal to 1.7% of the total Leadership of all killed enemy troops (0.017 XP per point of leadership, as stated in the game files), before any XP modifiers kick in (learning, +XP items, medals, etc.).

However, that would mean that if you get a decent item (or do that in Zilgadis' boss fight) and leave a friendly gremlin tower alive, then you simply kill anything it spawns each turn, the XP may prove to be unlimited, provided you do a couple thousand turns. Very strange, as that can be exploited.
2. Mana used - no.
3. Not losing troops - no.

KongMysen
01-31-2010, 08:36 AM
I guess it was the Demon Portals then..

I just think It was a lot of xp from those. He started with 60-70 Arch Demons, 1000 scoffer imps, Around 200 Demonesses and a hundred(ish) Demons..
I dont remember the excact numbers but each portal produced 3 Arch demons or 50 scoffer imps or smthing like that.
Fight ended at round 12, and he used armageddon twice and a mass-bless once, so he can only have used portals 9 times.

It simply cannot have been units worth 3000 xp. It just doesnt make any sence, even though I'm so inaccurate in my calculations