PDA

View Full Version : No Loss Paladin

Zechnophobe
01-25-2010, 04:43 AM
Just finished my first No Casualty game. Since I wasn't sure I wanted to spend TOO much time on it, I only played on Hard.

Result was a 19 day victory. I used no map kiting, and defeated Ktahu and Baal with the same strategy: A single stack of 39 Bone Dragons, summon Phoenix, and Eviln.

Why Summon Phoenix? So that I can cast Fit of Energy on the bone dragon later in the turn to have it attack twice per turn. This allowed me to kill Ktahu 'very quickly' for a single stack battle. It also prevented me from having to overlap stone skins (Casting when you have 1 turn left so that you aren't vulnerable for a turn).

I took some screen shots that I'll put up at some point. I managed to complete TWO different item sets: The winter set, and the Demon Set.

Hento
01-25-2010, 07:51 AM
You used eviln spell and single stack but how come you didn't use Black Knights considering they do much more damage after being attacked(damage to leadership ratio)?
And how is it possible for Paladin to have 39 boners, when at maximum of lvl 60 you have leadership for only 17?

travelingoz
01-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I would like to know how you can cast Fit of Energy on a single stack?????

DGDobrev
01-25-2010, 11:58 AM
You used eviln spell and single stack but how come you didn't use Black Knights considering they do much more damage after being attacked(damage to leadership ratio)?
And how is it possible for Paladin to have 39 boners, when at maximum of lvl 60 you have leadership for only 17?

I believe he did that because he plays a Paladin, and as such he can easily get to Voice of the Dragon skill. When he beats up Arnold Heninghem, he gets a +1 dragon morale item (it also reduces the leadership requirement for dragons), which means that his dragons will be fighting at +3 morale all the time, which is great, to say the least, and the bone dragons can be easily resurrected.

As for the extra bone dragons, I assume he used +leadership items and flaming eyes + necro staff which reduces the requirements for undead units. The higher the level and leadership requirement of the unit, the better the cutoff will be. -10% out of 150 is 15, while -10% out of 1300 is 130. That's quite a lot :)

In any case, good work doing that with bone dragons. That was good thinking - the demons in the final battle are very susceptible to poison damage. I also agree that Black knights with necro staff, black helmet and splinter of darkness are unmatched, but the latest research made by unicornxp shows that Moro Dark is one of the best XP fights, so if you're striving for a higher ending lvl, he has to die.

Hento
01-25-2010, 08:12 PM
I pick units when playing as warrior mainly based on their looks, so Knights, Paladins and Horseman as best looking units and having the visuals of a proper and human military is somewhat more appealing than going for maximum combinations. And there is more sense of accomplishment when using them against the odds.

Zechnophobe
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
I would like to know how you can cast Fit of Energy on a single stack?????

Summon Phoenix. You let the phoenix die, and then instead of ressing it when you get the chance, you leave it dead so that you have a second chance to cast spells in a turn. Thus you can attack with single stack, and at end of turn when phoenix's try to res, you cast Fit. It was pretty cool.

I believe he did that because he plays a Paladin, and as such he can easily get to Voice of the Dragon skill. When he beats up Arnold Heninghem, he gets a +1 dragon morale item (it also reduces the leadership requirement for dragons), which means that his dragons will be fighting at +3 morale all the time, which is great, to say the least, and the bone dragons can be easily resurrected.

As for the extra bone dragons, I assume he used +leadership items and flaming eyes + necro staff which reduces the requirements for undead units. The higher the level and leadership requirement of the unit, the better the cutoff will be. -10% out of 150 is 15, while -10% out of 1300 is 130. That's quite a lot :)

In any case, good work doing that with bone dragons. That was good thinking - the demons in the final battle are very susceptible to poison damage. I also agree that Black knights with necro staff, black helmet and splinter of darkness are unmatched, but the latest research made by unicornxp shows that Moro Dark is one of the best XP fights, so if you're striving for a higher ending lvl, he has to die.

Defeating Arnold gives a random high level item by the way, it doesn't always give the Heart of the Dragon (+1 Morale, -10% leadership). I didn't get any items for black knights (other than staff). And using the splinter would have required a lot of extra work, for a marginally better unit.

Also, bone dragons have better mobility, and best of all, an AoE poison attack that is no retaliation and hits bosses.

The real reason though, is that the all dragon army is so amazingly strong, that I'd have to go through a lot of extra work just to get black knights, for no real gain. Victory was never in question with Bonies. My army for most battles was Red, Green, Black dragons, and then some combination of Bowmen, Trolls, or Cyclopses. My final and best army at end was Archdemons, Red,Green,Black,Bone dragons. That's the army I finished Nameless, shattera, and reha With.