PDA

View Full Version : Extremely annoying "bug"

Metathron
01-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I can't enter an area of the game (Rusty Anchor) without getting attacked by the Kindly Ham hero, the one with all the demonesses. Obviously this guy has positioned himself in the area where you are designated to arrive, and just won't move away from it, no matter what kind of travels between the first three islands I make.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

DGDobrev
01-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Me, several times. You gotta bite the bullet and try to beat him up. His area of patrolling is right in front of the pier, which is inconvenient, to say the least...

Metathron
01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Me, several times. You gotta bite the bullet and try to beat him up. His area of patrolling is right in front of the pier, which is inconvenient, to say the least...

Well, there goes the no-loss policy down the drain. Not that I'm going for a no loss victory (not my thing), but I do like to keep losses at a zero until I reach the 3rd Grand Strategy medal.

Well, this is definitely a bug, or at least a glitch, since if he has an "area of patrolling" -- as all non-static enemies do -- he should be found at different points.

Zechnophobe
01-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I think just limiting patrol routes to not include the position the hero shows up would be a really good idea.

Can you skip rusty anchor for now and come back? If there's a verona map on Scarlet Wind, you can likely get that map easier than killing mr. ham.

Zhuangzi
01-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Same thing happened to me with Tekron once. There was a nasty hero there that I wasn't ready for, and no matter how much time I left it always attacked me straight away. There doesn't seem to be a solution to this. I think basically the map is static when you aren't on that island, so they aren't patrolling as such when you're somewhere else.

DGDobrev
01-25-2010, 12:51 AM
I agree with this assessment. Even if you spend days in another map, in an underworld map (like montero shafts or the river of memory), the main map remains unchanged. In a way, that is extremely inconvenient, especially in such cases. A player has got his army to full strength (finally), he's ready to start exploring a new island and bang! He has to fight a battle where he/she's outnumbered and will most likely need to backtrack a little to replenish his troops.

I have to say that I absolutely agree with the idea that this should be fixed - or at least make it so that the player has at least a few seconds to react to the incoming threat - either by moving away or at least preparing for the battle (swap troops and such).

BTW, Metathron, have you tried hitting the space when the map had just loaded? This may pause/freeze the game and give you at least half a second to do something.

lauvhk
01-25-2010, 01:22 AM
The discussion reminds me something about MMO. When a player enter a new area, one will receive a short period of protection aura that stop all damages and debuffs. Any hostile action from the player will negate the protection immediately.

As for the current issue, I can offer no further help. A bit of advice in future goes as follow. Try your best to lure the aforementioned hero out of the pier or simply wait for him moving out before you use distant travel. One can exit the map in any spot but can only arrive on the same spot.

Hento
01-25-2010, 04:58 AM
I never encountered this bug, it is one of those very rare ones that are dependent on many elements coming together to make it happen.

Metathron
01-25-2010, 09:25 AM
I've actually managed to escape from him, but it was a very narrow escape, in a second or less. So I'm glad it's not game-breaking, at least this time around.

Amelie the Valiant
02-15-2010, 10:06 AM
This has happened to me on Dersu Island.

The explanation is simple: mobs don't move while you aren't on the map. You can check this easily: lure a mob to the dock, leave the island, do whatever business you need on another place and then come back. The mob will be exactly where you left it before leaving.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution for this, you need to get stronger and beat the enemy. Maybe editing the savegame would allow you to change the locations of a given hero, I don't know.

Hope that for future patches/games the devs address this.

Zechnophobe
02-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Well, luckily Dersu isn't an island you HAVE to go to early on, unlike Rusty Anchor (probably). You can likely just clear out Tekron, Monter/Verona and maybe even umkas, and when you get back to dersu the pirate won't be a problem.

Also, try DG's suggestion of pausing the game during the loading screen. You may get to at least chug a rage potion or something before the fight.