PDA

View Full Version : The Save Game thread - we can share!

DGDobrev
01-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Well, looking at how many people are attempting various challenges, I think it is prudent to make a thread like this for the people who want to share, check out various interesting battles, different lineups, heaps of pre-set useful items, and other things that don't easily pop up in every game, or rarely happen and some players may never get to (or see) them at all.

This would also be a good place to discuss what happened in the saved game, how the player did it, and so on.

We can set a few ground rules so that it would be easier for the readers to find out what's so special about the game. When posting, we can add this:

- Game difficulty
- Class
- Game type: Normal campaign or Gift Bag (since you can alternate between the two, there is no problem to check both out)
- Where is the saved game (location)
- Why do you post the game
- useful items, good pre-set for a challenge and so on
- if you scanned it with the save game scanner, add the .rpt file for everyone to check it out

With any luck, we may just find even more ways to amuse ourselves!

In any case, I'll start. I'm adding 2 games on impossible - 1 as a Mage, 1 as a Warrior, both from the Gift Bag. Both have 4 (!) pre-set ancient knowledge scrolls, so they may prove to be real good for a max level attempt. With any luck, through Elenhel and some digging, that number may rise to 7-8, or maybe even 9, which will go a long way towards helping players get to lvl 60.

Both games are made in Greenwort, so you can start them as a normal game. You can always use the name change cheat to give Amelie your own name.

The Knight game has the hand of necropolis and the slippery cuirass, but no Verona map on Scarlet. Gladiator Sword and Ancient Amulet available, as well as the ring of mind. Other notable items are the Dagger of Judgment, Belt of luck, Student belt (8% chance for 1 class rune after battle!), and some others... Check the rpt file.

The Mage has no +XP items (bugger), but it has all rune items (gladiator sword, ancient amulet, banner of true faith), the most powerful geyser (in Temple of love) and death star (in Montero mines) spells available very early on. Some nice + int items are available - Martyr Sandals +4, Ring of Mind, Skull of Pain, and a few others. There is also a map of Verona on Scarlet, so it may be well worth the try.

Enjoy :)

Zechnophobe
01-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Sounds fun. I know that Civ Fanatics used to do similar things with 'game of the month' type things, maybe that'd be a fun thing to do here?

To encourage more than just the upper crust though, some games on 'hard' that we have some middle of the road goal would be nice. That is, defeating the Giant spider as early as possible, or getting your pet to level 20 before your hero gets to level 15, or something.

DGDobrev
01-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, I had something similar in mind. With any luck, those challenges can help us enjoy the game even more and even longer.

In addition to that, saves of tougher battles can be lots of fun. those will also help the players hone their tactics and their tactic thinking, as well as acquire a new appreciation for things they were previously unaware or oblivious to.

In any case, it is a win-win situation :)

DGDobrev
01-23-2010, 11:07 AM
There's a double post but it's worth it.

I'm doing some restarts and scans and the last one popped up an interesting game.

Mage, Impossible, Gift bag.
3 pre-set Ancient Knowledge scrolls
2 pairs of Hands of the Necropolis (!)
Marshal's Memoirs available (combined with shark tooth and some kiting you can start fighting with +50% XP per battle right from the start!)
Verona map available on Scarlet Wind
Ancient Amulet, Banner of True Faith, Ring of Mind, Black Helmet (!), Novice's Dress (upgrades to Dress of the Magess), Skull of Pain, Usurer's Ring and some other cool items available. Geyser and Death Star available - although somewhat late in the game (Geyser after you kill Samman, Death Star on Nameless) - but you may have some luck and get it through digging faster.
EDIT: Chain of Chance found of Tekron (you must dig it up). That means you can start with +55% XP per battle. That's the best you can get throughout the game. With any luck, that save might just cut it and get someone to lvl 60, provided he/she finds like 4-5 extra ancient knowledge scrolls.

Back to scanning. If everything else pops up, I'll add it to this post.

syken
02-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Greetings,

I wanted to use the thread to request a savegame, maybe someone can share his/hers. I enjoy playing KBAP alot, especially on impossible mode, therefore I am looking to do the no loss impossible mage challenge.
However what I really not enjoy at all is the kiting part of the game, not only that I would refer myself to be rather an average kiter, it also drains alot of fun. I am much more into the tactical combat.

Yet, I would love to start a save game with everything kited and every continent opened without actually starting the game, which means a character around lvl 20 (from kiting) to start playing from debir on.

Here is the rough outline of what I would love to have:
Class: mage
Mode: impossible
Flag: no cheater flag (elsewise I could do it alone with -dev mode)
Content: as much as possible unlocked without engaging a fight
Losses: 0

If anyone has a savegame for this I would be very glad if you could share it.

Best regards

McSwan
02-26-2010, 04:35 AM
You can do a no loss game with minimal kiting.

Zechnophobe
02-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Kiting is definitely not required, though it can feel like it if you get a really bad 'hand' of items/spells/units up to Rust Anchor.

syken
02-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Cheers guys, thanks for the answeres, I decided that since noone really had a decent savegame, I would do it myself.

I would also like to share the savegame, in case someone else is in the urgend need of an already kited impossible game with a mage.

Quick overview:
Level : 18
Losses: 0
Kited: nearly everything
Spells: Amageddon, Death star, trap, etc already scribed
Location Debir
Fights: 0 so far
Cash: ~50.000 left
Items: 10 rage rune sword, 10 mage rune item and several other goodies
Units: Equipped with 4x1 Archmage for trapper and other medals, all dragon eggs available (green, red, black, emerald, bone)

Hope you enjoy it. :evil:

Regards, syken

rysiox
01-13-2015, 03:59 PM
And five years later thanks a lot for sharing. After finishing Dark Side, wanted to go back to AP and this seems like the perfect way to go for me.

Elektra
02-16-2015, 10:24 AM
and another thanks :)