PDA

View Full Version : Keeping level 5 units alive

joasoz
01-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi

I am playing Mage/Hard and using Trolls and Giants/Green Dragons (switching a bit). I also have Inquisitors, Paladins and Royal Griffins. Mostly I get away from fights with no losses.
I am at level 35 and use resurrection and heal a bit too.
The problem is that resurrection, healing and paladins doesnt help for dead level 5 units. I use healing to get a level 5 unit to full health, but sometimes a Troll/Giand/Dragon will die.

Then I only have one option which is the inquisitors (can phantom them aswell). I dont have timeback spell, so I dont know if this would have helped me here.

Are there any other spells/units that would keep my level 5s alive? I have managed to keep all alive up until now, but sometime I might make a mistake that my inquisitors may not be able to save me from.

korben
01-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Archmages: 50% Damage Reduction Shield
Sacrifice: get some troops (summon or hypnosis) and use it to resurrect your troops

joasoz
01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks. Sacrefice it is :)

TemjinGold
01-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Stone Skin, Mana Spring, and Divine Armor on level 3 are all great for making your L5 unit much harder to kill.

Arilian
01-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Time Back

Smash
01-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Demonologs can help you and only they can bring Archdemons back to life :/.
Shamans can heal your lvl 5 friends with their axes.

PineNeedles
01-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Demonologists are decent for bringing back red/green/bone dragons if you only lose one (or two if you've got a massive stack).

Stepsongrapes
01-23-2010, 12:57 AM
Sacrifice: get some troops (summon or hypnosis) and use it to resurrect your troops

IIRC, summoned troops can't be sacrificed and hypnosis doesn't work either because it functions differently from how it did in KB:TL.

Rather, you have to sacrifice a non-LVL 5 group and then ressurect/paladin/etc. that group.

joasoz
01-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Yeah. I tried sacrefice on units from an egg and it was no go. This makes this spell a lot less interesting.

travelingoz
01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Druids can be very helpful. The animals they charm can be sacrificed.

azsportsfan
01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Trolls are a decent sacrifice, but only at level 1 if you are going for a no-loss game. Level 2 Sacrifice is too high in HP. Trolls have high HP and can be healed, and heal themselves in certain situations. I use sacrifice on them in my current no-loss game if I happen to lose a cannoneer. I am still below lvl 20, however, so there may be better options of which I am not aware.

N3MES1S
02-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Thats the reason i almost never use level 5 creatures in this game. The problem is level 5 creatures are provided on very low numbers (i hope this will be fixed on future titles lol) , and once u lost 2 or 3 u get lack off stack and cant buy more, so u just wasted money. I love level 5 creatures, but i only can find, for example 20 cyclops, 10 red dragons, 20 trolls and something like that. I ended with 38000 ls, and cant even buy 20 red dragons or 18 black dragons, the only unit that is full of plenty are giants, but they are useless against armored and high level creatures. I dont know if the avenging griffins casted by the royal ones can be sacrificed, i never tried (i never needed to xD, i dont have level 5 creatures) but it will be great (sacrifing 400 avenging griffins should be amazing lol).

Elwin
02-03-2010, 12:37 PM
there are plenty of dragons .. in lairs ..

tetleytea
02-03-2010, 03:47 PM
If one of my stacks--level 5 or otherwise--is completely sold out everywhere, and I don't want to retire that stack, I just use Diplomacy to fill it out.

dudex
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
u can easily get more by sacraficing droids and repairing them to get no losses. thats what i do to replenish my level 5 stacks.

DragonBlaster
02-08-2010, 10:42 AM
As said, the shamans can heal the black dragons when the shamans damage a stack with their axes. This healing is very powerful (up to 400 hitpoints with 45 shamans...). That means 400 healing every 4 rounds. On the bad side, enemy shamans can target your Blackies even if they are immune to magic otherwise...

joasoz
02-08-2010, 12:52 PM
As said, the shamans can heal the black dragons when the shamans damage a stack with their axes. This healing is very powerful (up to 400 hitpoints with 45 shamans...). That means 400 healing every 4 rounds. On the bad side, enemy shamans can target your Blackies even if they are immune to magic otherwise...

This I will try. See if it does the trick. I used Shamans a lot in The Legdend, but havnt tried in Armored Princess

N3MES1S
02-09-2010, 01:46 PM
there are plenty of dragons .. in lairs ..

Not always. I played 5 times and only on 1 found 37 red dragons on a lair (cant remember if it was on nemeless island or reha). The rest, i only found about 10, 15 and something like that. The problem is not dragon, cuz i barely use em, the problem is for example, cyclops. At level 51, u can only carry 27 cyclops (being a warrior witn 38900 ls), but on reha u only get about 20 and on montero u only get about 10. Same for other units (like trolls, i never got more than 20 on the entire game). But it is not that hard to keep level 5 units alive, just avoid the worst enemies against em, for example shamans are the worst enemy u can encounter if u have cyclops, giants. Shamans will always target your cyclops or giants, and u will lose almost half of your troop with the dam axes. Of course, if u manage to kill shamans fast, u can avoid to lose more than 1 or 2 level 5. Evil beholders will target level 5 creatures too, but if u cast divine armour (or something like that, cuz stone skin doesnt work on non physical atacks) on a level 5 creatures, they will not be attacked anymore. That on hard, i never tried yet the impossible difficult level (i am a bit tired right now of ap -.-). The only resurrect spell u can cast is sacrifice, but u dont need to have it on the higher level, just 2 (in ma case cuz i was a paladin, but i suposse u have it already on level 3).

DGDobrev
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Usually, there is one spell that keeps them alive all the time - Fear. Cast it on the most dangerous enemy stack on turn one and start working on wearing it down with post effects (burning/poisoning) if possible.

N3MES1S
02-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Usually, there is one spell that keeps them alive all the time - Fear. Cast it on the most dangerous enemy stack on turn one and start working on wearing it down with post effects (burning/poisoning) if possible.

The problem is that lower level enemy units dont attack higher level units, they usually attack lower lvl stock troops. I always get my cyclops attacked by chamans, evil beholders, necromancers and so on. And as i remember, fear (even on level 3) doesnt work for high level creatures. The only thing u can do is using sacrifice spell or cast divine armour / stone skin as fast as u can on your level 5 troop, so the enemy dont waste turns on em. If u have high defense level 5 units, like cyclops with divine armour, the enemy probably dont even waste turns on em (only if there is a chamans, evil beholders and some units on the enemy force).

DGDobrev
02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
That is absoutely correct. Enemy who is afraid will attack troops of its own level and lower. However, fear can save all your lvl 5 troops, which is the case here :)

Still this does not save your lower level troops, as you stated properly...