PDA

View Full Version : KBScanner questions

BobMaster
01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering how I can see which things I have missed, like buried treasure and hidden caches etc.
And once I find them, how to know where to dig/look for them.

I also have another issue, my scan tells me there should be inquisitors and ressurection scroll at the furious paladains house after I complete his quest, but I have done both of his quests and he has neither of them available, not the scroll, nor the inquisitors.

Any help is appreciated.

DGDobrev
01-20-2010, 06:43 PM
How to see? Well, save your game and check everything in your area (Debir, Verona, Montero, etc.). If you see "Chest item name" that usually means that in item is lying is some of the chests in your area - be it on the ground or you need to dig it up. Actor "name" means that someone sells that item or the troops.

You should be aware that the scanner simply scans the save game file, in which the game info is stored (generated at the start of the new game). It cannot be much more descriptive as it is.

As for the furious paladin, that is a KBTL issue. Which quest did you do? Did you leave the last statue or you destroyed it and turned the Paladin undead? Generally, the inquisitors should be there if you either left the last statue standing or they should have been there by default. You should be aware that the scanner can never be incorrect, as it simply decompiles the save game data.

Unless the game has found a way to cheat you... :)

BobMaster
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
game data.

Unless the game has found a way to cheat you... :)

I think it did, since I left a statue standing to keep him alive, but no scroll or inquisitors.

DGDobrev
01-20-2010, 08:02 PM
In that case, you should re-check :) It is impossible for the scanner to lie to you because if it does, then the save game file is faulty.

Zechnophobe
01-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Furious paladin's stuff only changes when you let him die, if I remember correctly. So maybe you need to complete the quest the other way.

DGDobrev
01-20-2010, 09:47 PM
However, if you let him die, he starts selling undead troops :)

BobMaster
01-20-2010, 11:58 PM
I checked and double checked, not the scroll or the troops are there, I have cleared the first 4 areas, including all possible quests, so I'm way passed his quest.
I'm willing to send you guys the savegame so you can see it for yourself, but it's not there.