PDA

View Full Version : Mage school with a warrior

KongMysen
01-15-2010, 05:29 AM
First of all thanks to anyone contributing to newbish questions. Its rarely seen on a game forum, that ALL "stupid" questions deserve the same mature and construktive replies.
I just registered this forum, but I have been reading some for about a week. I played KBTL with a normal mage, and replayed it with a mage on impossible.
I mistakenly thought KBAP to be just a 5-hour expansion, so I chose impossible again. This time as a warrior. Stupid me, since I have been struggling alot so far with a huge lack of gold. Troops have changed, the pet is new. New spells etc.
I would've had a more fun playthrough had I chosen to learn the game on Normal difficulty instead. I have been using Marauders forever, because of my lack of gold, but I finally started a no-loss streak due to finding some red dragons for sale.

My skill-tree build has become randomized. I simply dont know where to put my runes anymore. The warrior and mind trees are pretty straightforward, but i simply cant figure how to place my magic runes.
I'm level 20ish and so far I have maxed Distortion, 1 point in Order and 1 point in Transmute. I bougt the Ancient Amulet (4int, 15 mana and 10 runes after 50 battles), just to give myself some magic power but primary for the runes.

I have i few choises. I could ignore Chaos and Order completely and focus on getting myself some more mana and intellect. However i dont know whitch spells lies in these schools. Its unlikely that I'll be using Damage spells ever except Trap, but Chaos might be holding on to some strong Non-damage spells... Is there still a Sacrifice spell, and is it as crucial as I found it in KBTL?
Does Order still provide a resurrection spell?

Should i build a more powerful warrior-mage, og a more vercatile warrior, who can master alle spells in all levels?

Btw. I have NO useful items yet except the Ancient amulet. I have been saving my cash, so suggestions starting with "it depends on your items..." arent really useful;)

I'm open to suggestions. I would hate getting stuck again in 10 levels simply because I choose wrong

Thx in advance:)

Starranger
01-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi, off course the following is depending on your way of playing the game.;)

As a Warrior I have decided to max out order and chaos and take some items for +Mana. Order and chaos for maximum in Resurrect (you got it definately after the return of the Iquisitor sword to where you got the contract) and sacrifice (for gratis troops, together with resurrect, paladins, inquisitors and time back). If I have enough mana runes I also max. distorsion and take some Transmute.
My way of playing the warrior is everytime to use the rage point as endless mana source (untill turn 20). Use your dragon or the spell Calm rage to transform rage into mana. Together with inquisitors and paladins you can got easy no loss battles. [big difference to Paladin skill resurrect, then I use black Knigths, and only them]. So I try to got ~60 mana points due to items and non magic skill tree things.
Because I only use some of the spells, I never choose alchemy, because I got enough crystals by destroying artefacts, buying and digging (most important thing on hard and impossible I think: digg, digg, digg).

KongMysen
01-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah thats one more thing i missed about this game... The digging thing. I thought treasure searcher was the same skill as robbers have, except it would not only teleport to the chest but also open it. I Just recently picked treasure searcher at pet lvl 27, and I can imagine how much it could've boosted my income if I chose it earlier.
You mention a quest which provide the ressurection spell? Where du I get this quest? I could prolly just search for it, but if you remember it...?
I agree on Alchemy. I never run out of Crystals, since I only use them on spells I need.
Distortion tempted me with the lvl 3 trap. Poisioning is just so tremendously buffed in AP. I guess I'll find a sacrifice spell soon enough, but one point i chaos should be enough to begin with.
I bought the Ancient Amulet mostly for the runes, but i guess it suits any character well due to the easy int and mana

Starranger
01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
You mention a quest which provide the ressurection spell? Where du I get this quest? I could prolly just search for it, but if you remember it...?

It is the headhunt on Thomas Torkve. You got the quest from Father Maximus, on the bell tower at Scarlet Wind (NE, small island). The place to find him is random: Montero underground or Elona underground. After the figth you got the Sword of the Inquisitor. Bring it to father Maximus. He offers you gold, rehject it and you will got 4 spells. One of them is resurrection.

KongMysen
01-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Thanks.. I got it, and I maxed the Order school. There seems to be some decent spells there. Resurrection will properly not be used much. The lack of intelligence makes it a rather expensive spell. 30 mana to raise 4 demonologists... Pff I just raised 5 red dragons with Time back!:)