PDA

View Full Version : Is there a mod to change class appearance?

RDespair
01-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Hi, new user here. I was wondering if there's a mod to change the appearance of the different classes. Simply put, my wife is, shall we say, less than appreciative of the mage's outfit, so I was wondering if there was a way to mod the game so that the mage class used the warrior's or paladin's appearance instead.

Desalniettemin
01-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes, I would like that to. Maybe it isn't to hard to change by yourself, but I don't know how to do it :)

Damask
01-21-2010, 03:36 AM
You can mod the game.ini file to do this. The tricky part though is that you've probably got two of these files, one in your main Armored Princess directory (ex. mine is C:\Program Files\1C\King's Bounty Armored Princess\data\game.ini) and one in the folder where your saves are kept (ex. mine is C:\Documents and Settings\<my user name>\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess\game.ini). The one you want to change is the second one (the one where your saved games are kept, you'll know you're in the right place when you find the $save folder). Basically you find the right game.ini file, make a backup (just in case) and then open it in notepad. There's a whole bunch of stuff there but the line you want is:

setf ~heroskin -1

because this determines what Amelie model is used. Basically it has 4 settings:

-1 => Amelie's model always corresponds to her class
0 => Amelie always uses the model of the Warrior
1 => Amelie always uses the model of the Paladin
2 => Amelie always uses the model of the Mage

Make the change you want and then save the file and you're good to go. I don't recall if you have to start a new game for this to take effect though.

RDespair
01-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Worked like a charm (though it took a little while to find the program file folder since I got it from Steam) - the character selection screen is unchanged, but once you actually start the game, the appearance is changed. Thanks a bunch!

htdang1
06-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Most appreciated.