PDA

View Full Version : Modding Dragon Skills&Multicast per round

strifeomnidpk
01-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I am a novice to the modding aspect of Armored Princess, and am wondering if it is possible to mod the game so that it allows the hero to cast multiple spells per round. I am aware the mage skill Higher Magic already does this, however it only allows two casts per round; an extra cast or two would really, really help, mainly because I increased the enemy AI leadership by three times.

Also, I am confused as to where the pet dragon's stats/skills are located in the folders, since I want to modify some of the properties the pet dragon skills possess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

strifeomnidpk
01-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Alright, it looks like you edit the dragon's abilities in the pet.atom located in the data.kfs. But i am still at a loss as to where to enable multicasting per round.

rancor26
01-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Alright, it looks like you edit the dragon's abilities in the pet.atom located in the data.kfs. But i am still at a loss as to where to enable multicasting per round.

I guess you could mod "higher magic" skill so that you can ALWAYS cast two spells without those mana restrictions.

The Rider
01-12-2010, 07:26 AM
multicasting is in arena.lua, search for "hi_magic" tag.
this is the super evil mod to cast unlimmited spells without high magic (1000 times for 1001 rounds):
start
-- Высшая магия (начало)
local t = skill_power("hi_magic", 1)
Logic.hero_lu_var("double_book_charges", t)
if t > 0 then t = 2 else t = 1000 end
Logic.hero_lu_var("book_times", t +book_extra_times)

end
-- Высшая магия (окончание)
local dbc = Logic.hero_lu_var("double_book_charges")
if dbc ~= nil then

dbc = tonumber(dbc)

if dbc > 0 and tonumber(Logic.hero_lu_var("book_times")) == 0 then -- это означает, что книга была использована 2 раза, проверка строго на 0, т.к. -1 - это спец. значение при превышении маны, тогда высшая магия считается не потраченной
dbc = dbc - 1
Logic.hero_lu_var("double_book_charges", dbc)
end

if dbc > 0 then Logic.hero_lu_var("book_times", 2)
else Logic.hero_lu_var("book_times", 1000 +book_extra_times) end

end

end
also if you want to cast spells without regard to mana, edit the skills.txt (both files are in session.kfc), again search for hi_magic skill-here is an example where the mana limit is 10 000
hi_magic {
pos=2,4
deps=destroyer
pic=skillicon3_12_
name=skill_hi_magic_caption
hint_header=skill_hi_magic
hint_text=skill_hi_magic_hint
levels {

1 {
deps=1
runes=0,0,12
trade=
pars=2,10000
}
2 {
deps=1
runes=0,0,14
trade=
pars=4,10000
}
3 {
deps=1
runes=0,0,16
trade=
pars=6,10000
}
}

strifeomnidpk
01-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks a lot Rider, that was really helpful.