PDA

View Full Version : Add morale Bonus to (as example) Giants for dwarves

cabal2k
01-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi again,

first let me explain: The Guardsman give a moralebonus to swordsmen and archers if they are put together in one army.

Now my idea is to do this for others units: As example we took the giant. My idea was to give them a +1 moral bonus to all dwarve units when they in the army.

But how to make it? In the footman2.atom file from the guardsman i don't found something that give conclusion what to edit in the giant.atom. I think its the feature "commander"..but where to edit this?

Problem is when i give the giants the "commander" feature they boost morale to swordsman and archers, but i will edit this feature that it gives although +1 morale to miners,foreman,dwarves and cannoneers.

Have anyone an idea where i found this?

Thanks in advance

rancor26
01-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Morale.txt is the file you are looking for, it can be found in ses.kfs:

http://i50.tinypic.com/18lk3s.jpg

cabal2k
01-11-2010, 08:57 AM
thanks man :)

And can you tell me although where i can change the text that it stands in the unit description ingame?

cabal2k
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Hmm, changes have no result, any idea?

The edited Line looks like this:

}
giant {
alchemist,cannoner,dwarf,miner,miner2=+1,hint_mora le_giant //Ïðèñóòñòâèå Ãèãàíòîâ â àðìèè. Ìîðàëü +1
}

But no effect on the units if a giant is in the army....:confused:

iycgtptyarvg
01-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Not sure, but I think this might be it:

You wrote: hint_mora le_giant
It should be: hint_morale_giant

cabal2k
01-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Its only a copy&paste error, thats not the fault :(

Any other idea?

The Rider
01-14-2010, 03:24 PM
maybe there is a collision between the negative morale line for emerald dragons (-2 when giants in army) and that line. Not sure if it is not a copy-paste error but the command line should be like this:
giant {
alchemist,cannoner,dwarf,miner,miner2=+1,hint_mora le_commander
}
and not like this
}
giant {
alchemist,cannoner,dwarf,miner,miner2=+1,hint_mora le_giant
}
because with the first } you are closing the unit2unit tag. you can skip also the text after the // since it is only a text comment. Also for the hint it is better to use hint_morale_commander than hint_morale_giant. The first one says "Commander presence" and the second one is used for the negative morale for the emerald dragons.
here is a larger example for unit2unit:
unit2unit {
knight {
knight=+1,hint_morale_knight0 // повышенная мораль
}
greendragon,blackdragon,reddragon {
gorguana,gorguana2,gobot,gobot2,chosha,brontor,dig ged_brontor,highterrant,tirex=-1,hint_morale_dragon // Драконы в армии, Ящеры их ненавидят и взаимно.
}
greendragon,blackdragon,reddragon,bonedragon {
griffin2=-2,hint_morale_dragon
}
tirex {
gorguana,gorguana2,gobot,gobot2,chosha,brontor,dig ged_brontor,highterrant=+1,hint_morale_tirex // Ящер-Защитник
}
robber, robber2 {
peasant,bowman,footman,priest=-1,hint_morale_robber //Присутствие разбойников в армии. Мораль -1
}
footman2 {
bowman,footman=+1,hint_morale_commander //Присутствие командира в армии. Мораль +1
}
giant {
greendragon=-2,hint_morale_giant //Присутствие Гигантов в армии. Мораль -2
}
greendragon {
giant=+1,hint_morale_green //Присутствие Изумрудных Драконов в армии. Мораль +1
}
giant {
alchemist,cannoner,dwarf,miner,miner2=+1,hint_mora le_commander
}
blackknight {
archer,Skeleton,zombie,zombie2,ghost,ghost2,vampir e,vampire2,bat,bat2,necromant,spider_undead,bonedr agon=+1,hint_morale_commander //Присутствие Полководца Тьмы в армии. Мораль +1
}
dryad {
thorn,thorn_warrior,kingthorn,ent,ent2=+1,hint_mor ale_driad //Присутствие дреесной феи в армии. Мораль +1
}
ogre {
shaman,orc,orc2,goblin,goblin2,catapult=+1,hint_mo rale_commander //Присутствие командира в армии. Мораль +1
}
druid {
dryad,elf2,elf,ent2,ent,sprite_lake,sprite,unicorn 2,unicorn,werewolf,wolf=+1,hint_morale_druid //Присутствие командира в армии. Мораль +1
}
unicorn {
dryad,sprite_lake,sprite=+2,hint_morale_unicorn
}
griffin2 {
griffin,griffin_spirit,archmage,bowman,footman,foo tman2,horseman,knight,peasant,priest,priest2,robbe r,robber2,paladin=+1,hint_morale_griffin //Присутствие королевского грифона в армии. Мораль +1
}
}
I checked this and it works just fine.
edit: dont know why this forum makes slight changes to the code adding blank spaces in some words. If you are using the KBmasterMod make the changes in the mod file, not in the session.kfs :)

cabal2k
01-15-2010, 11:04 AM
If you are using the KBmasterMod make the changes in the mod file, not in the session.kfs :)
Thats it, thanks dude.

Shame on me that i don't notice this by myself :rolleyes: