PDA

View Full Version : More random Shop

saroumana
01-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Hello,

I have made a small mod wich have for goal to increase the randomness of shops in the game.

Note it's for the moment a beta version.

You need to begin a new game.

the mod (http://rapidshare.de/files/48987193/More_random_shop.zip.html)

rancor26
01-10-2010, 04:17 PM
A little more information would be nice :-)

saroumana
01-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Well ,well, beware my english is terrible :)

This mod change a bit how shop generate units. In KB a shop have different slot (let say slot 1,2,3...). For each slot, you can have two different option :

-some definit units or
-a random unit within a certain level of a certain race
or even a combinaison of both.

So i have added differents units or races to many (not all) shops.
Per exemple, when the choice was barbare or berseker, now it would be barbare,berserker,beholder,werewolf. And more interesting, if the unit was random choice of human race,it would now random of human, elf, dwarf or neutral.

In debir, you'll have acces to some elf units,which you will have never use later when you normally get them in elona. It's the goal, having acces to more varied units sooner.

key
01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Nice idea, but unfortunately there was a crash to desktop at the third hut on Debir ( the first hut you need to fight to get to ) - so one of the random options there might be bad...

saroumana
01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Nice idea, but unfortunately there was a crash to desktop at the third hut on Debir ( the first hut you need to fight to get to ) - so one of the random options there might be bad...

Hummm 5 full try were not enough i suppose, let me check that. ;)

This is the good hut ? Do you use the gift pack ?

key
01-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Hummm 5 full try were not enough i suppose, let me check that. ;)

Humm this is the good hut ? Do you use the gift pack ?

That's the one. And yes, I use the gift pack.

saroumana
01-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Ok Found.
Damn too many spider, i used spider_red which don't exist in fact in the game. Can occur in debir (specially) and verona(rarely).

So i have corriged this, and post the new version in the first post.

Thank for your help.

key
01-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Do you have a save game of this party ? it could help me :)

Ok, I did the savegame scanning for you:
Debir Island Sawmills Common Belt 1
Debir Island Sawmills spider_red 120

I suspect the spider_red might be wrong?

saroumana
01-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Ok, I did the savegame scanning for you:
Debir Island Sawmills Common Belt 1
Debir Island Sawmills spider_red 120

I suspect the spider_red might be wrong?

exactly ;)

I have used a small editor for this ,and grab all unit's image, and well spider_red exist but it's not used in the game. Well i have checked every other units and they're all ok.

key
01-13-2010, 09:32 AM
exactly ;)

I have used a small editor for this ,and grab all unit's image, and well spider_red exist but it's not used in the game. Well i have checked every other units and they're all ok.

Thanks for the info!
I corrected Debir, and checked the other 3 starting islands and found no spider_red references, so I suppose those are ok. ( I use only the first 4 island files)
It's a nice change to use a different army - this way I use units I'd never use otherwise.

So thanks for the mod!