PDA

View Full Version : Warrior guide.

Shady
01-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Can some1 give me an advice with warrior?
What skills should I take and so on(i have 4 skils learned in might and nothing else in mind and magic, dunno if thats ok). I kinda lose A LOT of troops during the battle, so after every battle I have to go and get new troops = spend money. (its kinda anoying).
I'm lvl 7, got around 1k leadership. I have 3 paladins, max sea dogs, max royal snakes, few priests and few inquisitors.
I finished about 60% of Scarlet Wind, but there are still few troops wich are invincible, so I went to Bolo island.
Ah, hope you understand.
Sorry for spam, cause I already opened topic today, but I ask for some help cause I rly wanna lear to play this great game.
Just some advices or guides would be nice. Or telling me am I doing smth wrong.
Tnx y'all. :)

Shady
01-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Oh, yeah... and does it matter what time of day it is? Or wich playing day is it?
And whats with the traveling hours? Is that important for smth in the game?

Tnx.

Zechnophobe
01-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Focus on getting skills to improve your dragon in the Might tree, and try to get distortion magic + Transmute from the magic tree. Mind is a little more of a toss up, but you'll eventually want max prayer, and possibly diplomacy and/or voice of the dragon.

Early game, get a few items for more leadership, but later on focus on items that increase your crit percentage, and damage dealt.

When you upgrade your pet, don't upgrade a skill to the point you can't use it. Also keep getting bonus' to rage where you can.

Time of day is mostly unimportant, though a few creatures/abilities are better during nighttime. Trolls, for instance, have slightly different abilities during day or night.

The total time it takes you to complete the game will reflect on your final score, that is the only use for time (travel time is most of the time you spend in the game).

Hope that helps.

Shady
01-08-2010, 02:44 AM
And is losing so many tropps @ every battle normal?
Cause almost every enemy i fight against is either strong or very strong and so on...
I beat them, ofc, but I lose a lot of troops. So, is it normal to go and buy more troops after almost ever battle? :confused:

Zechnophobe
01-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Well, it shouldn't be, no. But you will likely have to just get better at the game before you'll decrease those losses. However, that early on you shouldn't be fighting that many 'strong' or 'very strong' stacks. Well, maybe some strong ones.

If you have a lot of losses, you may want to consider modifying your army. For instance, low level melee units (3 and under) tend to die very quickly... they have no way to avoid retaliations.

A good rule of thumb is higher level = more efficient.

Urbz
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Can some1 give me an advice with warrior?
What skills should I take and so on(i have 4 skils learned in might and nothing else in mind and magic, dunno if thats ok). I kinda lose A LOT of troops during the battle, so after every battle I have to go and get new troops = spend money. (its kinda anoying).
I'm lvl 7, got around 1k leadership. I have 3 paladins, max sea dogs, max royal snakes, few priests and few inquisitors.
I finished about 60% of Scarlet Wind, but there are still few troops wich are invincible, so I went to Bolo island.
Ah, hope you understand.
Sorry for spam, cause I already opened topic today, but I ask for some help cause I rly wanna lear to play this great game.
Just some advices or guides would be nice. Or telling me am I doing smth wrong.
Tnx y'all. :)

Zech has covered alot already but I'm wondering on what difficulty you are playing? because if you're not playing on easy you might want to reconsider re-starting on easy so you can more easily get the hang of the game.
I would also think about replacing seadogs for some ranged unit like archmages or evil beholders for example, alot more safe and they have nice abilities.
Good luck!

Shady
01-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm playing on Normal.
But I dont get, how are creeps so hard on 2nd island. :S
Blah :S
I even got the mechanical troops for Boleo, and still, I am weak :)

Shady
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Here are some screenshots.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4522/71554669.jpg

1. Enemy is Strong
2.Enemy is very strong
3. Enemy is Strong

:S

Here is my hero. I also have Glory 3/3 in the Mind section of skils.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5564/45240408.jpg

And yet, I cant fight those strong/very storng creeps without loosing at least 10 troops. :S
Am I doing smth wrong? If you wanna se screenshots of my troops lvl, np.
But i didnt find any higher troop levels. :S

This is the Scarlet Wind.

TemjinGold
01-08-2010, 12:57 PM
1) You only have 2 paladins and 1 necromancer on your 2400+ leadership. If you want to use those troops, you should fill out your leadership. If that's all that was for sale, dump them and use something that allows you to fill them out.

2) If using droids, remove one of your stacks. Split the repair droids into 2 stacks so that they can resurrect each other.

3) Your paladin can only resurrect the polar bears, which isn't very useful.

4) Those 3 stacks are the 3 toughest on the island. You don't have to kill them now. You can go fight Bolo first.

Zechnophobe
01-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Oh, and shady, you see on the second screenshot there, where you are looking at your hero screen? You have a LOT of magic runes (The blue ones). There are three different skill trees to put runes into. Try clicking on the "Mind" or "Magic" buttons in the bottom right of that screen to learn other skills.

Lastly, Hero's, and TROOPS GUARDING NAVIGATION MAPS are always the hardest stacks on an island, and may require you to come back and get them later. Also, as the game progresses, you will find that Strong and maybe even Very Strong stacks are completely killable by you!

Good luck!