PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Savegames?

iDarbert
01-03-2010, 05:03 PM
I just launched the game today to find the Load Game menu almost completely empty except for a old manual save I did around level 2. Both the quicksaves and the autosaves have completely disappeared.

I went to check the folder where the game puts the savefiles and all of them are there.

I tried scanning them using the King's Bounty Scanner and I got an error, which probably means they are corrupt.

Is there *anything* I can do to get them back? Or do I have to replay 10+ levels to get back to where I was?

loreangelicus
01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
This happened to me early on, and I believe the culprit for this is the use of the pause button. But you need the pause button to keep the game time down if going for a 7-day or any low days game, so...

The key here is when you make a save, make sure that the "GAME SAVED" message is display on the screen. If it doesn't, then the game is NOT SAVED PROPERLY. Just unpause, move a short distance (like one step), then pause again and try to save once more.

As for your problem, I myself did not find a solution for the corrupt files (I ended up deleting them)... I had to replay from a non-corrupt save file and make sure this time around that the saves are done properly. As such, don't rely on the quicksave and autosave; just do a regular save.

iDarbert
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
This happened to me early on, and I believe the culprit for this is the use of the pause button. But you need the pause button to keep the game time down if going for a 7-day or any low days game, so...

The key here is when you make a save, make sure that the "GAME SAVED" message is display on the screen. If it doesn't, then the game is NOT SAVED PROPERLY. Just unpause, move a short distance (like one step), then pause again and try to save once more.
Yes, I always checked for the message to display before quitting the game, needless to say the message was always displayed.

As for your problem, I myself did not find a solution for the corrupt files (I ended up deleting them)... I had to replay from a non-corrupt save file and make sure this time around that the saves are done properly. As such, don't rely on the quicksave and autosave; just do a regular save.
I will consider this in the future, thanks