PDA

View Full Version : Mage low on mana constantly

eXeel
12-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I just started on this game a few hours ago, not counting all the time spent reading dialogue...
And I cant seem to generate enough mana, unless I stand still five minutes before each fight.
I get none in combat yet, I'm level 6 and I can sail to three islands at the moment.
I play on hard, and I just barely can mana the fights without losing more than a few. Actually I like it that way, not too easy:)

But what should I do this early to get more mana regen?
I need crystals for the Meditation skill, so close vn getting that. But what other ways?

Elwin
12-31-2009, 03:59 PM
transmute .. there is no other way

Zechnophobe
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Mana regeneration is also a percent based system. So if your total mana is higher, you'll regenerate more per tick while on the adventure map.

But yeah, Transmute is the way to go. Even a single point in it will give you 20+ mana each combat.

rancor26
12-31-2009, 07:10 PM
I found it pretty pointless to just wait after every battle that your mana will regenerate i mean what's the point on that other than just wasting my time?

loreangelicus
12-31-2009, 09:35 PM
I found it pretty pointless to just wait after every battle that your mana will regenerate i mean what's the point on that other than just wasting my time?

The final score of the game factors in the number of (game) days spent to complete it. So if you spend a lot of time to regenerate mana outside of battles you most likely will get a lower score.

Zechnophobe
12-31-2009, 10:56 PM
It is also the antithesis to Rage, which generates during battle, but decreases outside of it. They are meant to be two systems relatively at odds with each other.

Urbz
01-01-2010, 03:15 PM
transmute .. there is no other way

Yeap but you could also try to use magic spring and/or calm rage spells for example so you end up with more emana at the end of a battle in general.

tetleytea
01-31-2010, 07:12 PM
There's also that skill where you get +2/+4 mana every turn in combat just for looking good. It's good for when the battle's already basically over and you're toying around with the enemy. Also that Mana thing from your dragon is pretty good, if you're going to be sitting around waiting for your mana to regen anyway. It even has a bonus where you're basically Hasting a troop for one round. Why spend 5 mana on a Lvl 2 Haste when you can spend 19 Rage to get +19 Mana and a Lvl 2 Haste for one turn as well?