PDA

View Full Version : Screen flickers then...nothing

yamilonewolf
12-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey folks I recently bought this game after reading about it in a magazine. and after the install and everything anytime I try to get the game to run. The screen will flicker to black then im on the desktop looking like nothing happened.

Im running Windows Vista.

Im fairly dense when it comes to computers so Im not sure what information you guys would need to tell me whats wrong, I've tried updating drivers and it didn't help.

Any help would make my day because this game looks amazing.

idontlikestaem
12-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds similar to a problem I had, where I got a flicker then a direct3d error when trying to start the game (see related post). Maybe this will help, it certainly fixed my issue:

"I had the exact same error message but have an ATI 4870, so I didn't think it was the drivers.

Fixed it by:
- installing the demo
- tried running the demo and got same error
- went into the demo\game config file and set the screen resolution to my default (x-1920 y-1080).
- the demo started working!
- this created and .ini file for the demo.
- went into the users\yourname\ documents\games\kb demo folder and found the .ini file.
- copied this into the full game's \documents\games\armored princess folder.

The full game started

Hope this helps some people."

yamilonewolf
12-30-2009, 04:47 AM
doesn't seem to do anything sorry idontlikestaem

joasoz
12-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Do you run multiple monitors on your pc/laptop?

I play the game on my laptop just fine, but when I connect it to a docking station and have two monitors the game will not start (just flicker and close).

yamilonewolf
12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
no one moniter, but it runs on my laptop which from my knowledge is the less powerful machine (the pc isn't anyhhting special but looks like it can handle this...)