PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on last bits of Scarlet Wind

BT1
12-28-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm playing mage on hard mode. I'd think i was good with games in general but i may have overreached myself this time.

Ive unlocked scarlet wind and bola. Bola is too hard but even so ive taken many of the banner flags (without any battles).

Ive got 1270 leadership. Im down to 5 enemies on scarlet wind, one of whom is invincible, two are lethal and one is very strong. One more which is slightly weaker but im ignoring since it won't change my immediate situation.

The very strong one is guarding a map. Also it this is the only one with the possibility of winning, but its stacks are so huge :(

Could someone please give me some advice to help me for this early part of the game? any "dirty" tricks i could use to at least get me through this part of the game?

Arilian
12-28-2009, 04:01 PM
You should be get the Rusty Anchor map from Bolo without fight.

Your leadership is a bit low, probably you was no trying to get "no loss" victories for the bonus - unfortunately this can only be helped with a restart.

Same with trap medal.

You can also get the 1st Stone from Bolo without a fight (not easy tough)
If you bring it back to Debir you can buy paladins from the mage tower, they can mass resurrect and help you to kill the very hard stack.

Maybe start again and go for "no loss" and "trapper" at least :)

loreangelicus
12-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Just started the game myself. Playing Paladin though, but on impossible, so this should be somewhat the same (1,000 leadership at the moment).

First off, only Invincible could really be considered too tough, and Invincible has different levels in itself, so try and engage the enemy, see for yourself if the troop composition is indeed too tough to take out.

Try getting high hit point units, and healers/resurrecters. Debir has (possible) royal thorns, griffon eggs, beholders, inquisitors, priests. Scarlet has (possible) paladin, knight, royal griffin, archmages.

See attached no-loss battle I had on Scarlet against a supposed "lethal" enemy with hero. Used royal thorns, priests, inquisitors, knights, archmages. The only support abilities that I used for the fight was the dragon kick ability (1 upgrade), stone wall and Heal.

Mage shield on the knights who engages all opponents, stone wall to control enemy path, and pray that the enemy hero doesn't cast damage spells (or casts damage spells only on your archamges/royal thorns/knight who can take the hit without a loss).

Zechnophobe
12-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm playing mage on hard mode. I'd think i was good with games in general but i may have overreached myself this time.

Ive unlocked scarlet wind and bola. Bola is too hard but even so ive taken many of the banner flags (without any battles).

Ive got 1270 leadership. Im down to 5 enemies on scarlet wind, one of whom is invincible, two are lethal and one is very strong. One more which is slightly weaker but im ignoring since it won't change my immediate situation.

The very strong one is guarding a map. Also it this is the only one with the possibility of winning, but its stacks are so huge :(

Could someone please give me some advice to help me for this early part of the game? any "dirty" tricks i could use to at least get me through this part of the game?

1. Do the tutorial at the start of the game. (It gives you loot and 1 level)
2. Buy GLORY skill for extra leadership
3. Be stingy with losses. Getting that first point of Strategy is a huge boost.

You may be a bit too late for any of these, and yes, your leadership is a bit low. I would recommend going to Bolo and getting any free pickups there. For the first 5 to 10 levels of the game, leadership is a really important thing to get. Look for any items or such that give bonus' to it.

Also, what army are you using? You should be able to take on a 'very strong' stack as a mage, but it might be hard depending on your items/units/skills.

Don't worry, lots of people have gotten a little stuck early on, before they really felt out the balancing of the game.

joasoz
12-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Lots of good replies here. I am also playing as a Mage on hard, but I have a better situation (higher leadership). BUT In my games I never find trap until I am at least level 15 (I have played until level 20 and restarted a few times).

loreangelicus
12-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Forgot to mention that if you got the Bolo map in Debir then the Bolo map in Scarlet becomes a Call Colossus scroll, a very useful early advantage to generate a level 5 unit, depending on leadership:

1000 = Ogre
1100 = Troll
1600 = Archdemon
etc.

Haven't had much luck generating an Emerald Green Dragon when using the said scroll in Scarlet though, even when I had 1,900+ leadership.

DGDobrev
12-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Well, that's random :) So one may get a rather useless scroll that won't help his/her situation one bit...

lauvhk
12-30-2009, 12:56 AM
If you get call death scroll, you may try your luck on getting a Bone Dragon with 1300 leadership.

travelingoz
12-30-2009, 03:39 AM
I've always found spamming pet dragon eggs to be the easiest way to compensate for low leadership in fights where you are seriously out numbered. Especially early game on Scarlet and Bolo.
If you're a mage, make sure you go into the fight with your rage full, then lay your pet dragon egg and use debuff spells like slow, etc to keep the enemy back until the egg hatches. You should be able to produce one every second turn that way.

joasoz
12-30-2009, 06:59 AM
I found Summon Phoenix on Bolo yesterday. Spent all my runes on getting it to ancient. I got lots of fights without loss (just passed 30). Finally some luck here :)