PDA

View Full Version : Single army type campaign

Kings Bounty Hunter
12-25-2009, 10:47 PM
As in undead,orc,demon,human whichever army is only using a psecific type of unit. I'm such a goody noob I can't bring myself to play the undead army as they are, well, evil!

But with all the artifacts and regalia I have seen along the way in my current game I can't help but feel you could play this game more than 10+ times to see how each army compares. Assuming you get the sets etc it could be quite intersting.

I could at level 49 (which I am now) pick any specific unit type I like as I bought lots of artifacts and set items..

I think i'll complete this playthrough then specifically challenge myself to win with only 1 unit type when that is doable at abouy level 30 or something as I should have most of the maps apart from Reha maybe by that point.

Sorry if this subject is covered to death already but I wanted the opinion of the experienced players amongst us who have a favourite army type and have only used that type from mid game onwards as it would be too difficult to be that purist/facist before then lol

Elwin
12-25-2009, 10:52 PM
not really know what u mean ~~. I can get such play even at early start by kiting. I played already "black night only" campaign and i won imposiible difficulty. I even run to nameless straight after rusty nachor ands still could win fights there. ^^

Kings Bounty Hunter
12-25-2009, 11:59 PM
not really know what u mean ~~. I can get such play even at early start by kiting. I played already "black night only" campaign and i won imposiible difficulty. I even run to nameless straight after rusty nachor ands still could win fights there. ^^

I mean an army consisting of undead, humans etc not just one unit. I'll have to read up on that black knights campaign. That must have been bloody hard going? How many rounds per fight? :-)

DGDobrev
12-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Actually, the game with black knights is so easy, that it's laughable. Black Knights + Evlin spell (resurrects up to 30% of the entire stack!) + Splinter of Darkness is a game winner.

As for your suggestion for a playthrough, I quite like it. People can easily challenge themselves this way. Human and Undead armies will be the easiest, as it is very easy to resurrect them (paladins/inquisitors and evlin). Demon, Elf and Dwarf armies will require the resurrection spell, quite some mana and quite some rounds to do a battle with minimum losses.

Elwin
12-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Dobrev: Its easy in mid-late game .. begining isnt that easy. Winning an item figt even on level 20 was imposiible .. iwas nuked downs and slowed by gremlin before i even moved. Later on with power of darkness and adrenaline it was nice ^^ 9 init 4 sppeed blackies owns xD

Kingsbounty hunter : its not that bloody :D. IT became bloddy only becasue i decided to move tonameles//shettera after rusty. IF i wuold go in proper order its no problem at all. I had 12K leadership black nights facing armies having 150-200K leadership there. Normal units were easy. But heroes were insane hard.
The battles were quite qucik .. most of them a few turns .. some took like 20 rounds but not much of them ..

My total game time was 18Hours real time .. compare time to yours :p

Amidamaru86
12-26-2009, 06:54 PM
All elf army seems pretty awsome, although never tested it, but you have 1 tank (ancient ant - slow but you can cast teleport on it), 2x archers (one of them is called hunters, don't remember the other one), druids - another ranged unit with AoE attack, and add a fairy for a good buff.