PDA

View Full Version : No loss technique

Pluvius
12-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi, again I did a basic search in the forums and cant find something that explains in detail how to have a no loss battle.I found threads like below;

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11542&highlight=blind

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11120&highlight=blind

but I dont think its very helpful for some people. So I'm writing this threadThis trick was self-explored during Heroes of Might and Magic 2: The Succession Wars (Roland and Archibald) in the 1990s.

As said in my previous thread, I used mass Zealots to resurrect fallen comrades.I phantom or cast a resurrection spell too, sometimes I split the Zealot stack.

I usually use,
Archers;Horseman;Black Dragons,Red Dragons,Emerald Dragons,Assassins or other ranged units.Basically the idea is to have attacks without retaliation from the enemy.Emerald Dragons is good because it helps to replenish mana and you can get it from the shield of rekross, eggs, dragon lair.You can also resurrect emerald dragons.I sometimes use Black Dragon because it reduces initiative and the flying flame path.Red dragon, I use for the breath which hits in 1 straight row. I use Assassin because you can easily finish off 2 units in 1 turn with both his special abilities.Backstab is good. I use archers because just like HOMM 2 and 3, number is power and they are easy to find.

Of course,this unit stack should be changed accordingly when situation arises. Ti-rex is good too,it heals up the stack when it destroys and enemy stack and there are many eggs to be found on the Lizard continent and many to be bought too. You might wanna replace Red and Black Dragons if you want to fight demons with fire resistance. I wont go into this in detail.

If you're a mage; if I remembered correctly,you have a skill that allows you to replenish mana each time you kill a stack +10 .I think its transmute. Thats good. Beef up your mana reserve with artifacts too.

First turn; phantom your zealot and blind 1 stack.Be careful units on fire will not be blinded when they are burnt.
2nd turn; blind another 2 stacks.
3rd turn; 2 of the enemy stacks should be wiped off by now. You will need to re-blind the first stack since blind last for 2 turns.But you have 1 spell casting
at hand to use.
4th turn:self-explanatory,re-blind the 2 stacks blinded in the 2nd turn.
5th turn onwards: Resurrect while enemy unit(s) are blind...The enemy hero has virtually no turn if his unit(s) are blind and cant cast spells.

Assassin + Dragon + Horseman + Stone wall built dragons is effective for enemies rushing to your ranged units.Knights and paladins are too slow,dont waste your time on that. You will want to "blitzkrieg" through these battles.

Resurrect with your zealots and use your emerald dragons to replenish your mana if you're down on mana which I wasn't due to my artifacts.Note: You can phantom your original zealot stack more than once.Use your phantom zealots resurrection and bless on units that do not have a fixed yet highly variable damage range before they fade off.

If enemy hero dispels you blind spell, don't worry (enemy hero usually cast spells only once),you re still winning. Finish off those that cant be blinded and those that inflicts splash damage or linear. Try to make the computer divert attacks to 1-2 unit stacks, to make your resurrection easy.

Note: Enemies that are blinded and yet hit,regain their turn on that very same turn you hit them. So you may wanna make all your units wait first,before commencing your attack to register that the enemy unit is blinded for that turn and that they cannot move/act after you attack them.

This trick also works with paladin and warrior. I used this in KB; The Legend too.

I apologize in advance if this is already too fundamental for the experts out there but just felt that it wasn't around in my forum search.

DGDobrev
12-25-2009, 09:52 AM
I have a question. What do you do if a Black Dragon dies? Especially in the boss battles that tactic is completely unaplicable...