PDA

View Full Version : Game doesn't start after switching monitor

zoltar
12-22-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm temporarily using my regular computer with a smaller monitor, and after switching, KBAP will not start. No error messages, no fullscreen flash, nothing. I can see kb.exe in the task manager for a few seconds, then it suddenly disappears.

I suspect the problem happens because the new monitor doesn't support the resolution I used to run the game in. In case it matters, I'll also mention that the current monitor connects to my graphics card's DVI plug using a VGA to DVI adapter; the old monitor used DVI on both monitor and graphics card.

I have tried tweaking game.ini. My old game.ini before I started tweaking contained the following:

setf ~screenresoultionx 0
setf ~screenresoultiony 0
setf ~windowed 0
setf ~aspectratiox 0
setf ~aspectratioy 0
setf ~r_vsync 1
setf ~r_use_adapter 0

I have tried:

Specifying resolution directly in screenresoultionx and y
Enabling windowed mode
Enabling r_use_adapter

Nothing works. :mad: Any ideas?

zoltar
12-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game - still doesn't work! :( How is it possible that the game can be completely incompatible with a simple monitor? It's even the same brand of monitor as my other one, except smaller. (Normally using a 24" Samsung, this is a 22" Samsung).

zoltar
12-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Turns out that I had the same problem as another member on this forum: The game.ini in the game's install directory is not the one the game uses. When I changed the resolution in the game.ini found in the savegame directory, it worked again.