PDA

View Full Version : Request: Changing Pet Dragon type & name

AmelieCuteGirl
12-22-2009, 03:28 PM
anyone have any mod for changing pet dragon? or guide to edit savegame file?

i already played half way, & wanna change my pet dragon from yellow to pink (+2 critical to +5mana), preferably full change, including the dragons left at the dragon farm in debir. please help me, thanks!! :(

sunphoenix
10-31-2010, 02:38 PM
bump I want the same thing , anybody did it ?

AncientSion
11-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Funny, i took yellow as well and he is fine.

MaroonMaurader
11-11-2010, 06:55 AM
First off, I'd note that I'd rather have the yellow than the pink.

That said. I think pet effects like +2% crit. are controlled by a file called "hidden.txt" located in the archive \sessions\addon\ses.kfs. You can open that archive with many unpacking tools - I use 7-zip personally. WARNING: DO NOT unpack the whole folder. It has a TON of files. Simply copy out hidden.txt.

If you want to try and "change" it, here's a clumsy probably fix I can think of:
Copy "hidden.txt" from ses.kfs directly into the following folder: <install path>\data\mods (you'll probably have to create that folder). Open it with any text editor. Look for hidden_pet_6 (it's one of the entries). If you'll note, that's the one saying "pbonus=krit,2," etc. etc. That's the game's basic entry for a bonus to critical chance. That section should have:

fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=krit,2,0,0,-100,0,0
dbonus=
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}

You want to replace that whole section I just quoted with the following:

mods {
mana=limit,5
attack=count,-1
}

Again, make sure that new file is saved to the mods folder (which you might have to create). Try loading the game and see if it fixed it. If it didn't, I've got bad news for you: that particular fix will only work if you start a new game. But I suspect it will work.