PDA

View Full Version : Free/low cost breeding techniques

aj2000
12-17-2009, 06:59 AM
I was wondering what other breeding technique (Involving sacrifice) I'm missing out on, and how time-back works in AP (exact same as TL? Being time shift back to the Beginning of last turn?

Due to my optimization impulse I almost never buy more then 1 unit of each type (except black dragons, not that I use them...) to use sacrifice on. I notice that some player have trouble getting enough gold later on for troops as they hire their troops from the beginning. Here's some of the breeding techniques I use which I hope can help (As a mage, not really applicable for warrior and maybe paladin later on):

* I mapkite up to Verona, Tersu / Tekron are bonus (tekron can be important as they almost always give me troll/giant and obscene amount of xp from the free xp quests), usually hit lvl 12-16 from free quest / exp alter before I fight my 1st battle. I can consistently begin my breeding right from the 1st battle assuming the right spells and monster spawns (troll/giant, sacrifice ...etc)

1. Save up weak creature stacks (say on debir / scarlet) for the times when you need a super-easy battle to breed like crazy. the 5 stacks of devilfish in debir can go a long way with decent mana regeneration later on.

2. Always use peacefulness on the unit to be sacrificed, this stretch them out 2x longer. If you use ressurect afterward, do so after peacefulness runs out.

3. Early on (Int around 20ish), max peacefulness on a high hp lvl 5 unit like giant / troll will enable them to survive a lvl 2 sacrifice. heal them back up and repeat (or if troll at night / cave this is even easier). Remove int items if you have too much Int to the point of killing them.

4. Questions: Does timeback work exactly like it did in TL? I always use it to reverse double max sacrifice damage. Although in AP the change to higher magic made it so I can only sacrifice once >.<. I imagine it would still pay if I use it on a tanking stack like griffin / demon / executioner to tank a full round + sacrifice on.

5. Question: Does paladin's ress skill work on a sacrificed stack? This would make Paladin Breeding so much easier... If they get more magic runes ...

6. Easy item battles are good portable ressurect battles midway-later on, I carry 2x out of control Jack boots for rage charging / Breeding when I need it. (Then I have to rewind them for future use again >.<)

Some Example Items for that rage boost / breeding:
Suppressing Jack boots
Hynosis amulet

7. Have a stack of flaming eyes / Call of the wind scrolls? When your leadership is high enough, its better to use flaming eyes + 2-5 wanderer scroll to create a huge batch of sacrifice fodders (unless you roll something great like royal griff or hyterrant), the cost efficency compared to selling the scroll is immense. I still have 2 big stacks of crap summons in castle for sac fodder after using all 4 of my wind call scrolls I saved with a flaming eyes at the same time. Breeding without the need to ressurect / time-back is a lot faster and practical later on when ressurect don't cut it anymore.

travelingoz
12-17-2009, 12:34 PM
4. Yes it does so at the start of a round cast lev 1 sacrifice then lev 3 sacrifice, next round you can cast 1 more lev 1 sacrifice and time back.
5. Don't really understand your question here... paladin unit ressurects the units around them...

The best units i've found for cheap breeding are Druids. Carry a stack around and pull them out whenever the enemy has animals. Their charm skill is good for 2 rounds so if you wait until the end of a round, you can cast 6x sacrifice on the charmed stack! Especially handy around Bolo, etc.:-P

Smash
12-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Droids!
The only reason i didn't give up on mage on hard diff play...

aj2000
12-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I meant paladin hero skill 100% ress at lvl 3. I imagine going into battle with lone stack + a seed unit would be pretty sick.

And interesting point with the druid charm, I always though you can only sac units you bring into the battle and nothing else! This will certainly change things XD It so happens I have a half stack of druid from previous breeding sitting in debir castle XD.

Does Succumbus, evil beholder, hypnotize spell all work on the units charmed to be sacrificed?

travelingoz
12-17-2009, 03:03 PM
No they nurfed the Evil Beholder one where if you hypnotized a waiting unit it would stay hypnotised until the start of the next turn. It was working in the Russian AP. :(
I don't use succubus as their charm ability isn't guaranteed to work, however since you can sacrifice Dryad charmed units, i don't really see why not...

aj2000
12-17-2009, 04:53 PM
My only qualm with droids is that there's a bug that screws with your troop morale >.< Otherwise I'd be all over it