PDA

View Full Version : Elon map kiting and impossible paladin 1 stack challenge

Elwin
12-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Abiout maps, its not about feeling sorry :p Its about to find the way to sneak the Elon ;). The only one Elon map is uzala if its not verona one. And uzala one is kitable i tried it on my saves from other game. So the priority is Uzala now ... dersu seems a no go .. umkas one umh. ... that one is very hard.

I know its a bit out off topic :p

travelingoz
12-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Elwin, the Elona map location behind the main castle on the way to the mages tower CAN be kited. The amount of skill and patience required depends on the troop guarding it. The easiest time i had (about 15 mins!) was Horsemen. The hardest was Archmages ( almost 30 mins!).
You need to approach as close to the left side as the terrain allows and then turn around to the right and slowly edge your way out. Good luck. :grin:

Elwin
12-15-2009, 04:36 PM
NIce hint ... for me it was imposiible .. there was no agro for that .. and yes archmages are hell hard to kite. Basicaly if i see evne a single agro from mob i try till i make it .. but if i see no agro no matter what i do i give up.

travelingoz
12-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Another hint just 4 Elwin. :grin:
Once you get the troop out near the path, you need to move around to the left a little and then kite him out right, towards the grass/fence inlet. If you head left towards the bridge, there is not enough room to get past to go in and get the map. ;)

Elwin
12-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Such things are pretty obvoius for me but thanks

Elwin
12-15-2009, 07:15 PM
I have the easiest posible kiting mob cyclop there, and cant .. it just dont move at all, i cant get it from left or rgiht. It can be aproach only form front on left or right the cursor is red

Elwin
12-15-2009, 11:06 PM
I decided to try umkas anyway.. the main pain of umkas is not the guardians, its the patrol there ... i almosy dragged uzala map guardian out of temple .. (stone area) and what ?? grog riper came agro and its game over .. you all know how much is it from map to main area .. its hell of kiting but doable ... if that fking grog rper wanst there *&R%^*$%^*$($

I had at unicorn at first stone block one where my hero is. almost in home .. but that damned riper.

travelingoz
12-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes, Elwin i know you can't approach from the side. I meant from the front on the left side, so exactly where you are positioned in the picture. Now what you need to try and do is go forward and turn right (like you want to turn around) at the same time so the nose of your horse sweeps into the cyclop's alert area. That should get him interested.

Elwin
12-16-2009, 06:16 PM
I get your idea. But ... it doeasnt help, no even a single sign of alert whe i do that ;/. I am expiernieced kiter i know how to do it. But if there is no alert from mob at all i cant do anything.

HAAHAAHHA I stole the Uzala map on Umkas !! So 3 of 4 umkas map stolen :> I wuold say its pretty good result. Some wuold say "impossible"

And Elon map on uzala kite ratio i would give :easier than easy:P he agros as same as normal patrols lol. MY horror is ended. And challenge completed :) And additionaly reha one is much easiet that one of elon so its double profit :>

Elwin
12-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Kiting part done.
Results in screen:
difficulty impossible :
target :one unit whole game.
Diffculties :one unit means no sacrifice and i have what i have unitl i reach montero ...

DGDobrev
12-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I strongly advise you against using the Black Knights, at least until you free Moro. Every fight you have them in your army (including reserve), the power of darkness will rise by 1% per battle (the counter can go over 100% without limit). In the end, you will be able to free him, but the sooner you can do it, the better.

Unless you set yourself a goal to play with 1 unit only throughout the game, I strongly suggest you get some dragons to do the fighting till you free Moro.

Elwin
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Didnt know it .. but that adds more challenge. :P If i knew it i would play new game intead of this horror kiting. And made fatal mistake on mind skill tree, i was thinking about prayer and i took persuasion -.- which is useless for undead ...

DGDobrev
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Persuasion is the prerequisite for resurrection, so you didn't waste any points there. It will also work on your black knights, so you will be fine.

Elwin
12-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Not realy. I was talking about persuation 3 and it doesnt give morale to undead ;/ I have ress 3 :p NO loss is impossible iwth back nights so i went for paladin with ress :p

Elwin
12-17-2009, 01:00 PM
I am gonna do try insane thing. I cleared first 4 islands. I am gona free Moro. Yep ,lvl 25 to clear the nameless and shettera on impossible(if namles wil not be enough). with just 1 stack. Will be hell a chalenge :D My moro is 92% now. ( Iknow there was one stack game alread but i doubt he went to nameless after rusty lol :P

Elwin
12-18-2009, 11:59 PM
So chalenge failed. There was no way to win with most of heroes like i planned. For some of them i needed just one more stack for hardest 4 ;p.
But i freed moro in uzala :D So actualy its done. Now just did quest for mesmer so i can at last have my black knights at max number not at half :D

So enemies are in trouble :p

ivra
01-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Is it smart to pick up Leadership flags and visit Experience locations in the very beginning of the game if maps are kited so that advanced islands can be visited? Say I visit Rusty Anchor directly after the initial 2 training battles and pick up a Leadership flag. Will the leadership given by the flag depend on my current level, or is it preset and will always give the same Leadership no matter what level I am? The same question applies to Experience locations. Do they depend on the current level of the hero? If leadership and experience is based on the current level of the hero they should be picked up as late as possible. On the other hand, if they are preset constant values it makes sense to pick them up early in the game to get a significant boost in the beginning of the game.

Urbz
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Is it smart to pick up Leadership flags and visit Experience locations in the very beginning of the game if maps are kited so that advanced islands can be visited? Say I visit Rusty Anchor directly after the initial 2 training battles and pick up a Leadership flag. Will the leadership given by the flag depend on my current level, or is it preset and will always give the same Leadership no matter what level I am? The same question applies to Experience locations. Do they depend on the current level of the hero? If leadership and experience is based on the current level of the hero they should be picked up as late as possible. On the other hand, if they are preset constant values it makes sense to pick them up early in the game to get a significant boost in the beginning of the game.

Pre-set ( flags at least, not 100% sure about shrines. )
Exp from flags only differs between the classes obviously, and is also higher when on higher areas i believe but still they are pre-set.

Zechnophobe
01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Experience shrines are also dependant on location, not current level. So if you get to Shettera super early, an xp shrine there will level you like 8 times.

Elwin
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
yep. Exp shrines crystal wells are main soource of levels. Of course quests too ^^ shetteras fasmodeus and asklepy and rehas grass of memory and secrets of the temple give loads of exp :p