PDA

View Full Version : Save Game Scanner

spamm
12-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Save Game Scanner v1.5 for:
- Kings Bounty: The Legend
- Kings Bounty: Armored Princess

KBScanner.zip (http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/tools/KBScanner.zip)

Author & Developer: Evil-Good (http://forums.ag.ru/?action=viewprofile&username=Evil_Good)
Translation from Russian into English: DG Dobrev (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/member.php?u=10071)

The program decompiles the save files (*.sav), analyzing their contents and providing information concerning all game objects and items in all shops, chests, burried chests, and random game objects in all islands, continents and underground maps.

Instructions:
1. Start the Scanner.
2. Indicate the path to the saved games folder.
3. Indicate the path to file loc_ses.kfs of the save game version that the saves belong to.
4. Hit the Scan button.
5. Wait until scanning is complete.
6. In the folder where the saved game files are found will appear a number of subfolders in which you will find these files:
- savedata.rpt - report concerning the items - where are they found and where are they sold
- savedata.txt - decompiled text of the saved game
- saveinfo.txt - decompiled text providing short information concerning the save game
- screenshot.png - screenshot of the saved game
- slotpicture.png - thumbnail of the screenshot
7. Open the file savedata.rpt in Excel or any program capable of text editing.
8. Read. Carefully.

NOTE:
If you want to speed up the scanning process, you can unlock the creation of the decompiled files. To do so, you muct remove the tick from "Keep the decompiled save text".

Additional options:

* Editing the saved games *

The scanner can help you edit your saved games. In order to do that, you must:
1. Download the KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.zip (http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/tools/KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.zip) file from the official forum of the game.
2. Start the scanner. In the Settings tab, turn on everything except "In-depth decompilation".
3. Scan the saved game.
4. Open the file savedata.txt and edit it as you see fit.
5. Start the KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.exe file, hit the "Compile" button, then select "File Compilation", then Next, select the edited savedata.txt file and save is as "savedata" (as a file without an extension!).
6. Now you must calculate the checksum of the new file, or the game will consider the edited save corrupt and will not load it. So start the scanner, select "Calculate CRC" and open the "savedata" file (the one without an extension).
7. The file savecrc will appear on your HDD. Now everything is set for the update of the saved game. Open the *.sav file you decided to edit with WinZip or WinRar and replace the files "savedata" and "savecrc" with the edited ones.
8. Launch the game and load the edited *.sav file.

NOTE:
- Some save file editions may lead to crashes and other errors. Backing up the save file you edit is mandatory!
- File "saveinfo" is used to show information of the save files in the saved games list. Calculation of the checksum of this file after any editing has been conducted is not necessary.

* Creating report filters *

You can create various report filters by stating important objects (artifacts, troops), which the scanner will use as a basis for creating filtered mini-reports.
To do so, you must make a text file with *.flt extension, type in the list of items/creatures you wish to look for and save it. Example:

Ancient Amulet
Ring of Mind
Pain Skull
Snake ring
Usurer's Ring

and put the file in the folder where loc_ses.kfs is found. You can create a number of such files. The Scanner will find them, take them into account and create additional reports based on those files.
Several filter examples can be found in the "Filter_Examples\Eng" folder.

* Adding descriptions of unknown objects *

You have the opportunity to create your own descriptions to unknown objects. Let us assume that you have some files from the Russian version, and in your report you have:

Остров Дебир castle_frederick Крестьянин 9999

The object code Остров Дебир the scanner couldn't find in the loc_ses.kfs file, because it is not translated in English. You can help the scanner by creating a file named eng_misc.lng where you can add the code of the object through the = sign:
Остров Дебир=Debir Island

and put the file eng_misc.lng in the same folder where loc_ses.kfs is found. Now the scanner will take it into account, load it and will give this report:

Debir Island castle_frederick Крестьянин 9999

Then you can do the same for the Крестьянин code, by replacing it with peasant - Крестьянин=Peasant in the eng_misc.lng.

DGDobrev
12-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Works perfectly, spamm, great one :)

The report is the most important thing to take into account, showing you every simple thing that the shops sell - items, troops, scrolls and whatnot :)

billythegreat
12-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Can you edit with this mod the item's availability at a shop or is only useful just to see if the wanted items are in the game or not ?

DGDobrev
12-13-2009, 07:40 PM
As a tool, it simply scanns the save game. However, you can try to decompile, edit and recompile it, but make sure you keep a backup of the saved game.

How to do that is described in the readme file. If anything has changed and it is not there, then the KB_EDIT tool is the way to go.

Mystic Phoenix
12-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Great tool for sure, many thanks for that.

I just wonder how reliable it is:
In a test there seem to be at least three pieces of information that might be wrong (and I discovered them just by cross reading the file and not via an in-depth analysis). While I might have easily missed two caches in trees on Debir (although I was really thoroughly searching for them), I think it is difficult to miss the skeleton on Rusty Anchor which has some magic crystals to offer according to the file.

Are the diggable chest mentioned as well? Didn't find them on first glance.

DGDobrev
12-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Those cashes may be exactly buries chests. I can assure you, this tool is extremely accurate, as it scans the save game itself, and if the data in the save game is not accurate... What will be, is a good question to ask oneself :) It will give you info about artifact, unit, and whatnot in a nutshell (or sort of).

For example, when I scanned my last game just before finishing it, I discovered I missed out on several hidden chests (some containing valuable items)...

Saridu
12-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Very useful, one of my saved games has the red dragon amulet but I was too scared to start it in case I couldn't find Red Dragons (outside the dragon lair of course)

mnorbi75
12-14-2009, 06:25 AM
maybe my fault , but savegame editor is bugged at me , i just see ???????
I think it is russian version or charachters, can you tell me how can i use english version ?

marc
12-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Well, that confirms it, not a single demonologist to be had in my game :(

DGDobrev
12-14-2009, 08:33 AM
maybe my fault , but savegame editor is bugged at me , i just see ???????
I think it is russian version or charachters, can you tell me how can i use english version ?

The editor is russian. There is no english version as far as I know. Try to get the windows to show Cyrillic chars (through language settings or additional programs) and use google translate afterwards.

Mystic Phoenix
12-14-2009, 08:50 AM
There IS an English version. You can switch language between English and Russian via the button on top, although ist was set to English by default when I started the program.
Are you sure that you had the correct language setting?

DGDobrev
12-14-2009, 09:14 AM
I probably had the russian version. I have no problems with both languages :)

mnorbi75
12-14-2009, 09:55 AM
you mean Save game editor ? or scanner , cause i just found russian version editor , and after i use russian language pack , still not working. I just see ????????... . Any idea guys ?

Elwin
12-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Great i just wanted create new game to play with dark knights playing whole game ... but i know thanks to tool it will be imposiible .. wil save a lot of time now.
i know black knights can be unlimited in montero but i wont get withought fight to castle olum ... also no knights without fight .. only good point was black helmet :P

DGDobrev
12-14-2009, 11:36 AM
It would appear that Phoebix is talking about the scanner. I was talking about the editor :)

travelingoz
12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I must be stupid. I can't get the scanner to work properly. Seems like it's scanning ALL of my game saves!
-Can anyone give me the full syntax for both slots?
-The upper just goes to your game saves right? $save?
-Do i need to add anything to the lower one after loc_ses.kfs?
- If so do i need to unrar and how do i know which of the files in loc_ses to add?
-which options do i need checked if i'm just looking for items and troop availability?
Thanks. :confused:

DGDobrev
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, I admit that it does the same with my saved games... so I do the cheesy trick: I backup the save games (as I usually do) to another folder (removing them from the original one - cut->paste) and leave only the ones I want scanned. That seriously decreases the waiting time.

After I'm done, I restore the saved games. It's all about bunch of cut/copy and paste tricks and it saves quite some time - keeping in mind that the scanner also checks the quicksaves... :)

travelingoz
12-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Ok created a new folder called "check" in my save folder and dropped a save in there and pointed the scanner to it......
There are 3 files generated, 2 .txt files which are mostly filled with illegible code/text and a ,\.rpt file that i can't open? :confused:

DGDobrev
12-14-2009, 01:27 PM
You can open it with Excel or any text editor. I think I put that in the readme file?

travelingoz
12-14-2009, 01:29 PM
You can open it with Excel or any text editor. I think I put that in the readme file?
I didn't see that... but also like a fool i after i tried WINRAR i didn't think to try Wordpad! :rolleyes:

Elwin
12-14-2009, 01:29 PM
i opened it with normal notepad ;p

DGDobrev
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Of course I put it.

6. In the folder where the saved game files are found will appear a number of subfolders in which you will find these files:
- savedata.rpt - report concerning the items - where are they found and where are they sold
- savedata.txt - decompiled text of the saved game
- saveinfo.txt - decompiled text providing short information concerning the save game
- screenshot.png - screenshot of the saved game
- slotpicture.png - thumbnail of the screenshot
7. Open the file savedata.rpt in Excel or any program capable of text editing.
8. Read. Carefully.

Someone forgot to read it till the end I guess?

travelingoz
12-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Sorry, My bad DG! :(
A couple of other questions, if i may:
What does the "resource" mean? It's lying out in the open?
Where does it list the spells/items in battlefield chests?
Is there a list of spells the pet dragon can dig up hidden in there anywhere?
Thanks and sorry again DG. :grin:

DGDobrev
12-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh, no need to apologize, please :) That was simply meant for the people who do not read the readme's :P

Resource is usually anything that's found on the map - flags, single runes, some cash, things like this.

As far as the battlefield is concerned, the items on it are generated on battle start, as the arena that the battle takes place plays a big part. Those chests and the ones the dragon digs out have their own content based on the difficulty of the arena (on which island it is located) and the general drop rate... As such it is unpredictable.

All that I can confirm is this:
You can get artifacts only from pre-existing chests on the battlefield. Those have the following chances:
- Gold (76%)
- Random scroll (15%)
- Crystals (5%)
- 1 random rune (3%)
- 1 wanderers' scroll (1%)
- random item (1%) - level of the item is based on the difficulty of the battlefield

Chests dug up by the dragon give:
- Gold (72%)
- Random scroll (15%)
- Crystals (5%)
- 1 random rune (5%)
- 1 wanderers' scroll (3%)

Elwin
12-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Question to spamm/DGD. Did you do something special to make it avaialbe to english version ??. Since it cannot be run properly with polish version as i heard

DGDobrev
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Spamm should answer :) I simply translated it.

Elwin
12-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Next question : anyone checked if map spawning of scanner is accurate ??
it shows all 4 maps on verona for me but i see only 2 of them so far. At least if thry exist they are not at their standard locations .. but i do not remind any other locations for maps on verona that the standard ones i know

Its very important i need Elona badly.

DGDobrev
12-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Well... They should be there then. They're probably near the barbarian tents or the coastline... Or sometimes near demenion's castle on the way to the Mage Tower. Both of those are really hard to get.

Elon map is usually found close to the Lighthouse next to the Tavern near the docks.

mnorbi75
12-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Dear DGDobrev , is possible to translate editor too ? If you can plz do it for us :DD

Elwin
12-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Yes its usual there. But on this game its not ... that problem. I see all 4 maps now but they are when you said. And giving them very hard ratio is too low :P They are just impossible and not like AP impossible difficulty, they realy ar eimpossible. They do not get agro at all so no way to lure them. Any idea of sneaking to Elon ?? UZala?? but first how to get to uzala?? Umkas?? i have umkas, nameless one is easy but rest i rate as very hard due to mob patroling you cant just avoid ;/

Got dersu map on umkas,., big thanks to random generator for cuclops there .. i think all kiters now that cyclops are best kiter friends :P Managing with 3 patroling units and some hard one map guardian would be too hard i think but with cyclops xD Benn on dersu but cant get map. I stole one but it was verona .. second one is near dersu .. pegasus needed. Third one .. he gets agro but when he tries to move he gets back on his poziotion like it would be bug .. damn ..

DGDobrev
12-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Dear DGDobrev , is possible to translate editor too ? If you can plz do it for us :DD

No problem, I'm good to go, but it all depends on the program developers :)

@Elwin

I feel for you mate... Sometimes the maps do pop up in awful locations.

DGDobrev
12-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Spamm asked me to post this for the polish version:

If the exe and the ses.kfs are the same as they are in the russian and english versions, all you need to do is to add a polish to the scanner:

1. Open file Local\Lang.ini
2. Indicate the directory [Path], the hint on button mouse-over [Title], the code for automatic language selection [code] the polish $15 prefix and something very important - the prefix for all files in the polish version in loc_ses.kfs [Prefix], I do not know what is it.
3. After that you need to create a folder in the [Path] section along with Rus and Eng, add Interface.ini there with all translated texts into Polish, add a picture of the polish flag Flag.bmp and that should be it.

After that the scanner (in theory) should start working with the polish version of KBAP as well.

travelingoz
12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Back on topic;
Has anyone else using the scanner been amazed at the number of times the Ancient Amulet or Mind Class Ring show up in King Frederick's castle after the 6th stone?
The game is virtually over then! Frustrating when you think you have them and then realise they're going to be pretty much useless/wasted. :rolleyes:

Elwin
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
I started many games without, they are also often at begining ...

Saridu
12-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I am in love with this scanner!

Evil_Good didn't include a email address in the readme, DG thank you for translating this, if you are in contact with the author please pass on my gratitude.

I started a paladin game and found the red dragon amulet in the mages tower - but no rune creation item, usually a restart for me. This time I set the scanner on it, red dragons galore, 3 on Verona and 4 on Rusty! Guess it's time for a dragonlord paladin :)

spamm
12-16-2009, 07:04 AM
very important - the prefix for all files in the polish version in loc_ses.kfs [Prefix], I do not know what is it.
All files names in loc_ses.kfs have a prefix:
in russian - rus_
in english - eng_

I believe in polish - pol_
If it so that
[Prefix]
1=eng_
2=rus_
3=pol_

Evil_Good didn't include a mail address in the readme, DG thank you for translating this, if you are in contact with the author please pass on my gratitude.
He reads this forum :)

Elwin
12-16-2009, 09:38 AM
thanks spamm but as i said polish files are encrypted by pubblisher, they cant mod it ...

billythegreat
12-18-2009, 06:44 AM
5. Start the KB_DB_EDIT_0.75.exe file, hit the "Compile" button, then select "File Compilation", then Next, select the edited savedata.txt file and save is as "savedata" (as a file without an extension!).

I really want to use the editor but i cannot make my windows to show up cirilics, just ??????????. So please, can you guide me throu the ????? screens to make the quoted text work ? Like , on the first screen press the upward button , on second screen press the second and so on... Please.

spamm
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.zip (http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/tools/KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.zip)

thnx Evil-Good (http://forums.ag.ru/?action=viewprofile&username=Evil_Good)

Karlos
01-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, first of all big thanx to spamm for the great scanner/editor. However I cannot figure out how to actually edit my savegames.

I'm a casual player and I've finished AP with paladin. Normaly that would be it for me, I usually don't replay my games, but this one was so much fun that I made an exception. I restarted with the intention to play with undead units. But alas, I couldn't find any necromancers, so I tried the scanner and bummer - no bloody necromancers in my game! Since it's significantly less fun to play undead with no necromancers in the squad, I'd like to add some in my game.

However when I use the scanner and then open the "savedata.txt", there's no way I can make any sense of it. I can't edit it, it's all just a tangle of characters to me. Can anyone help me with this? To make it more specific = for example how to add "Horde"of necromancers in the Dark Misticus castle? I really love this game and want to try the undead.

Thanks a lot.

spamm
01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, first of all big thanx to spamm for the great scanner/editor.
Not me ;). Author & Developer: Evil-Good (http://forums.ag.ru/?action=viewprofile&username=Evil_Good)

Can anyone help me with this? To make it more specific = for example how to add "Horde"of necromancers in the Dark Misticus castle? I really love this game and want to try the undead.
Thanks a lot.
Example picture by Evil-Good:
necrotodarkmisticus.png (http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3743/necrotodarkmisticus.png)

adecoy95
01-17-2010, 02:53 PM
nm

ivra
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I created an Excel sheet to quickly determine which sets are available in a save game. The file savedata.zip is an example of one of my save games. Do the following:

1) Run the Save Game Scanner as normal
2) Open the attaced Excel file called savedata.xls.
3) Go to the sheet "savedata" and delete everything.
4) Drag the file savedata.rpt from the Save Game Scanner to Excel.
5) Copy the contents to the "savedata" sheet.
6) Sort the contents on "Item" (column C)
7) Look at the sheet "Sets" to see what is in your game.

thegreatms
04-26-2010, 08:31 PM
I just downloaded the scanner and got it to scan on my latest save. I have a few questions about what the output in the savedata.rpt file means.

1. At all the castles it lists "mana" as an item. Usually a quantity like 80-180. What does this mean? I don't think I can fill up my mana at friendly castle... Is it the mana of the castle owner?

2. Either I am missing tons of items/treasure, or i do not understand how the scanner works. Does it show what it currently left? or what was avalible at the beginning of the game? For example: If I sort on container, there are 22 alters listed... I don't think I could have missed that many, I especially doubt I missed 3 alters on Bolo alone.

3. Another example: There are many Vagons (Wagons?) with gold/scolls listed in Montero, I know I collected lots of gold from wagons, I doubt I missed 7 of them.

It seems like people are using this to find treasure they missed, do they just have a really good memory and know which ones the got? Or is it that they are noticing oddball items/really good items that they know they do not have so therefore must have missed?

Thanks
Mike

DGDobrev
04-26-2010, 11:29 PM
1) I'm pretty sure it refers to the mana of the owner.
2) You're not missing them :) The scanner lists everything - whether you've picked it up or not. This is why it's an easy way to detect if anyone cheated by adding items, gold, levels, etc. If it doesn't show up here, it has to be spanwed through cheat codes.

copcod
06-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Hey guys, first of all big thanx to spamm for the great scanner/editor. However I cannot figure out how to actually edit my savegames.

You could just use this mod.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14769

or if you wanted to make a specfic change yourself then decompile this mod and examine it. You can see this as an example of how to change the inventory of a shop.

good luck tho finding the specific shop to change in your savedata.

Saiko Kila
08-20-2010, 11:29 AM
1) I'm pretty sure it refers to the mana of the owner.
2) You're not missing them :) The scanner lists everything - whether you've picked it up or not. This is why it's an easy way to detect if anyone cheated by adding items, gold, levels, etc. If it doesn't show up here, it has to be spanwed through cheat codes.

The report does list some items always, no matter if collected or not, like sarcophagus and caches in trees, but some items disappear after pickup - shop items, ground items (runes, chests, scrolls etc.). So for example I had Hand of Necropolis in Shipwreck on Rusty Island and in cache on Nameless Island, only the cache one is listed after I've taken them both. And if I destroyed the second item to get crystals I would never know that I had two, thanks to my weak memory... ;)

Phyrex
08-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I can't seem to get the custom scans to work. Can someone help me with that?

I tried using the examples in the scanner directory and put them in my "H:\Games\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\addon" folder where loc_ses.kfs is located but it doesn't add any other reports than the standard one.

Whats wrong?

vmxa
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I was looking at the scanner and its doc says you need to point it to the saves. KBTL that is not an issue as I got it from GoG and the saves are on my disk.

I have no idea where the saves are for KBAP. I got it from Gamersgate and I found the Loc_ses file, but it seems the saves are on their server. Anyone know?

I already ordered Crossworlds from Gamersgate. Will the scanner be able to locate scrolls by name? IOW could I find say Fireball, either in a chest or in a store.

Edit:
I found the save by using the search. It came up in a User User Document .... where the document did not show on my explorer.

stilan01
09-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi all,

I've done the scanner and everything looks alright, but I couldn't find some items I was looking for on the excel doc (used Find). So, then I started to look for items I knew were in the game because I had seen them and HADN'T bought them and I couldn't find some of them either. I used the set finder Excel sheet above and I couldn't make that work either (i.e. no TRUE or FALSE after I had pasted and sorted). Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Granamyr
09-28-2010, 02:49 PM
There are a bunch of valuable items listing Actor->Container->Item that I don't think really exist in my game. I understand that Actor normally means an NPC but then what is their "Container". The rare items I need for most sets are listed under that heading and nowhere else leading me to believe I don't really have the items needed for the set.

nam207
11-08-2010, 02:24 AM
I can't download the file, would anyone kindly enough to upload to rapidshare or something?

Infiltrator
12-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I got a thing I cant explain.

The scanner says the berserker's shield will be in the Smuggler's Den on Scarlet, and it says "Complete the quest Contraband Searcher".

I did complete the quest, came back, no shield.

?

Dilirah
04-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Answered my own question.

Love the scanner!

ShuiMienLung
04-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Apparently my TrendMicro settings here at the office are blocking the scanner EXE files as containing two different Trojan viruses.

So I can download the zip file to my heart's content, but there's no runnable program within it (and of course, that means that I canNOT scan my King's Bounty files, which is really ticking me off).

Turning the antivirus software off does not appear to affect my download: still a 15.4kb file, no matter what.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Boozie
06-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Not me ;). Author & Developer: Evil-Good (http://forums.ag.ru/?action=viewprofile&username=Evil_Good)

Example picture by Evil-Good:
necrotodarkmisticus.png (http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3743/necrotodarkmisticus.png)

This was extremely helpful. I was able to add a resurrection scroll for my mage to help out my obsessive compulsive disorder with not letting anything ever die.

Do there happen to be any graphics or info on pet ability alteration? I just wish I didn't take a specific upgrade over another one and was wondering how to go about reverting it. I'm sure it's possible, it's just a matter of where to look.

1darklord
07-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Hey Guys,

So I've been looking for a certain troop and using this scanner I've been told they are for sale at a "Wizards Tower" er how do I find where this tower is?

Daniel.

sinner_pl
07-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Save Game Scanner
[...]

* Editing the saved games *

The scanner can help you edit your saved games. In order to do that, you must:
[...]
4. Open the file savedata.txt and edit it as you see fit.
5. Start the KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.exe file, hit the "Compile" button, then select "File Compilation", then Next, select the edited savedata.txt file and save is as "savedata" (as a file without an extension!).
[...]

Hi. I'm new at this. I've tried to alternate the experience and leadership value. It worked with experience and my hero is level 50 now, but when I edited the file for the second time, the KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng says "List index out of bounds (243795)" and quits (jpg attached) :/ I tried also on the fresh save from before alternating. Same thing :(
It happens only when I try to alternate the leadership value. Then it cannot be alternate? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Sorry if that's the wrong thread, but i'm newbie ;)
Any help will be appreciated.

Madstrike
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Hey Guys,

So I've been looking for a certain troop and using this scanner I've been told they are for sale at a "Wizards Tower" er how do I find where this tower is?

Daniel.

hmm, I sort of have the same problem, I can see the items listed, however it says something like Ellinia_3, building elf 01, where the hell is that? Im positive that the number after ellinia corresponds to a part of it(magic valley/great forest/valley of a thousand rivers) but I dont know which one, also the "buildings" names are rly random, I have to make a wild guess. I just wanna get some sprites, but apparently its not that easy...

1darklord
09-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Well Elon is the elf island so you'll likely find some there, I did.

The Wizards tower I was looking for incidentally is the The Tower of Eventus in Debir, and even though you can get troops there you cannot sadly leave the tower with them. :(

Daniel.

Madstrike
09-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Does this work fro crossworlds? if not is there another scanner for the expansion?

Boozie
01-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Looking for one for WotN. Scanner .zip file isn't available from op.

Sanctuary777
04-05-2013, 07:54 PM
It would be nice if someone could reupload it. The link from the original post is dead now, and you simply get an error showing it no longer exists and then redirects you to http://www.kingsbountygame.com/. I am kicking myself now, because I used to have the scanner, but then lost it from my last hard drive.

BBsen
04-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi, the link for KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.zip is no longer valid, could anyone please re-post it? thanks!

trekker99
05-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi, the link for KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.zip is no longer valid, could anyone please re-post it? thanks!

Get it from here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14731

trekker99
05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
It would be nice if someone could reupload it. The link from the original post is dead now, and you simply get an error showing it no longer exists and then redirects you to http://www.kingsbountygame.com/. I am kicking myself now, because I used to have the scanner, but then lost it from my last hard drive.

There's a copy here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33960

monshael
12-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Sorry for the late arrival, but i would like to ask: Is there any way to change the difficulty from editing a save game?

I don't want to risk items not showing up if i start a new game.

Thanks.

aysling
02-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Hi! I hope someone is still around to answer my question ^^;

I've got the editor and the scanner, both working fine. When I open savedata.txt everything is in English, but it's all code - I don't really know how to edit it.

For instance, I'd like to add in a few items to complete a set (scanner says they aren't in my game), but I'm not sure how to start. Savedata.rpt is much easier to understand, but is there a way to change that file and have the changes apply to savedata.txt?

The original reason I started looking into this is because there's a bug with the mob guarding the Endless Bridge, where I can't see the field, direct troops, or cast any targeted spells/abilities. I'd like to just...edit that mob out of the game.

ecania
02-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Hi! I hope someone is still around to answer my question ^^;

I've got the editor and the scanner, both working fine. When I open savedata.txt everything is in English, but it's all code - I don't really know how to edit it.

For instance, I'd like to add in a few items to complete a set (scanner says they aren't in my game), but I'm not sure how to start. Savedata.rpt is much easier to understand, but is there a way to change that file and have the changes apply to savedata.txt?

The original reason I started looking into this is because there's a bug with the mob guarding the Endless Bridge, where I can't see the field, direct troops, or cast any targeted spells/abilities. I'd like to just...edit that mob out of the game.

Start a game use scanner and check, if items not there start another and check again.

or u can use editor and put out items u need in shops, altars or heroes or else.
use editor to delete the unit u want out of the game, just mark it and push delete button and save.

Another solution is , play a mod, red sands extended have a ton of items and many shops, so if u like sets, check it out

Hope it helps, happy gaming

EA

aysling
02-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm trying to use the editor, but the problem is nothing seems to be 'named'. For instance, I'd like to add Knight's Shield to my game. I have the sword and the boots, so I did a search for them thinking I could copy-paste and just change the name, but I don't think that'll work:

{Y}{knight_sword}, F_SORTED{0}, F_COMPACT_TAGS{1}, F_NONAMES{0} // 3 elements
{
{A}{lvars} = {rndid/4165880326}
{I}{id} = {139}
{A}{slruck} = {60,1}
}
{Y}{knightly_boots}, F_SORTED{0}, F_COMPACT_TAGS{1}, F_NONAMES{0} // 3 elements
{
{A}{lvars} = {rndid/2024819896}
{I}{id} = {69}
{A}{slruck} = {22,1}
}

I don't know what any of that means. Plus the items are called things like knightly_boots instead of Knight's Boots or knights_boots.

Is there a guide/cypher/list somewhere of what the items are called in the code? Or a file I can access?

ecania
02-04-2015, 07:39 PM
What editor is it u have, I thought u had the game editor wich is included in KB crossworlds, if u have that there is no need to go and try and edit the files, u just open the item database from the top menu in that editor, or u open a shop or altar or somthing and just add the items u want, no need to edit the files that way.

EA

aysling
02-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Oh...no I'm playing Armored Princess. Can I use the same editor for them both? I've been using the editor mentioned in this thread, KBFBC V1.2, and KBScanner.

ecania
02-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Oh...no I'm playing Armored Princess. Can I use the same editor for them both? I've been using the editor mentioned in this thread, KBFBC V1.2, and KBScanner.

ok, checked the thread, thats not the editor i was refering too, and I never used that editor, so cant help u with that.

I was refering to the game editor wich u get with crossworld version.

EA

avilumx
12-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Does KBscanner work with KB Darkside? If doesn't, is there any way to change hero's location on map (x,y) in savegame?