PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to create a mod improving and balancing better the game?

Coin-coin le Canapin
12-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi !
I love KB:AP.
But I think, as everybody here I think, that some aspects of the game could be improved.
I would like to make some units and spells more attractive, and maybe nerf a bit some very powerful units.
I would like to change the battles in some way, particulary the fact that tat a fight is a bit long.
In HOMM, the units do massive damages and they die quicker.
I think that helps to have a more dynamic gameplay, and I want to try that in KB:AP.
Don't know precisely how to do that, because I never made any KB mod, and I just have a simple experience of the game. I finished KB:LG one with a warrior in normal mode, played another game (but didn't finish it) with a mage in normal, and doing the same in KB:AP.
And, of course, a lot of players have various tactics, builds, army configurations, preferences and so on.
But first, I'd like to try to modify the damage bonus given by the attack (assuming the base is 5% per attack point, maybe I should try 8% or something like that) skill and maybe remove the 300% limit (yeah, 60 att difference is already a lot to have, but...).

Another notable effect with units level is this one : on a lot of cases, low level enemies do a LOT of damages, but they die very quick.
the high level units do low damages, but they hare highly resistant to damages.
I particulary find that sad with my mage, when I see my green and black dragons (one each) killing 4 griffins by attack, and with 300 griffins to kill.
But the symptom also exist with the warrior (but, of course, it's less visible)

So, the main point of my message is that I want first to improve battles, making them more impressives, with large amount of damages, a lot of potential losses and a quicker resolution of the fight.
I'd like to try another thing, by changing the aspect of buying units.
in KB, you CAN, if you want, refill your army after each battle, by traveling with your boat until you've bought all the units you wanted.
Of course that's not an obligation.
But to "force" the player to assume their loss after a battle, i'd like to try another way to buy them.
Instead of buying X units to X*Y gold, you could just buy the maximum of units to a fixed value based of your leadership score.

Because my english is horrible, let me give you an example.

I've lost 2 knights in my last battle (my full stack is 15 knights).
Actually, I can buy them for 1000 gold each (don't know the real price, just an example).
With my system, refill your knight stack will always cost, maybe, 9000 gold.
If you buy only 1 or 15 knights, it will still cost 9000 gold.
So, maybe you should wait a bit, do some fights with uncomplete army, and go to buy when it will be really "financially" interresting...
Of course, that's not really logical and can't be explained in the roleplay aspect of the game.
But that's another way to consider lost and future battles, and I think it could be interresting to try this system.

Aaah, my thread is too long.
So, I want two things : do quicker battles with more inflected damages, and change the way you buy units for your army.

What do you think about that, and do you think it could be interresting enough for you to help me doing a mod like this?

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english !

Elwin
12-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Actually, Katauri made AP different ... If u compare LG with AP almost all units have increased HP :P, taking new values and balancing it wuold be too troublesome in my opinion
.. battles are not so long ... unless you are playing mage on impossible difficulty :p since you are low leadership and nuking wont help much ...