PDA

View Full Version : Changing Unit Races

Damask
12-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Just wanted to ask if anyone might have an idea how to do this? I'd like to make a mod where Undead and Demons can be healed and resurrected (because they are highly inferior without this imho) and I thought that simply changing them to a different race might do it. I can't seem to locate the right file to do it though and was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Thanks!

fourth
12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
it is in the data.ksf file, nothing is very well organized in there but it does include the atom files. Some of these are individual unit files which include a race modifier.

The Rider
12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
you have to edit spells.txt which is in the session.kfc. go to resurrection spell and edit this line:
nfeatures=magic_immunitet,undead,plant,golem,pawn, boss,mech

removing "undead" from it :)
nfeatures= always shows the units on which the skill or the spell does NOT work

rancor26
12-11-2009, 06:53 PM
You have to edit unit atom files (or the spell.txt but i'll answer the question this topic has) they can be found in data.kfs file inside data folder.

The Rider
12-11-2009, 07:03 PM
he wants to resurrect undead, so changing the undead property of the units will change so many other things not only the possibility for them to be resurrected.
one of the medals, or some of the paladin/warrior skills etc...

rancor26
12-11-2009, 07:04 PM
he wants to resurrect undead, so changing the undead property of the units will change so many other things not only the possibility for them to be resurrected.
one of the medals, or some of the paladin/warrior skills etc...

True but the topic says "changing unit races" and he basically wanted answer to that question so i answered that :-)

The Rider
12-11-2009, 08:10 PM
errr... whatever :)

Damask
12-12-2009, 12:44 AM
You guys rock!

Thanks much for the info and quick responses. I'm off to try this now.

Urbz
12-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Undead can actually get ressed with a really powerful spell evilin btw ;)

Akimbo
12-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Undead can actually get ressed with a really powerful spell evilin btw ;)

Problem is, doesn't that hit your entire team as well?

Akimbo
12-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Just wanted to ask if anyone might have an idea how to do this? I'd like to make a mod where Undead and Demons can be healed and resurrected (because they are highly inferior without this imho) and I thought that simply changing them to a different race might do it. I can't seem to locate the right file to do it though and was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Thanks!

I was thinking, wouldn't it be easier to edit the spells, to include those races? Plants could really do with being included in this as well. They're alive, so I don't see why they can't be healed/ressed.

Damask
12-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Yup, you guys are right: it's much easier just to edit the spells, which is what I ultimately ended up doing. Also, if you want special skills like the Inquisitor's Resurrection or the Paladin's Second Wind to work on races they normally don't you can edit those in the .atom files of the unit they belong too. Very cool stuff.

Akimbo
12-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Yup, you guys are right: it's much easier just to edit the spells, which is what I ultimately ended up doing. Also, if you want special skills like the Inquisitor's Resurrection or the Paladin's Second Wind to work on races they normally don't you can edit those in the .atom files of the unit they belong too. Very cool stuff.

Nice, good to hear it works. Could you (or someone) clear up for me: Once you edit/mod a copy of the file, do you then place it into the mods folder, where it will override the original?

Damask
12-12-2009, 01:26 PM
You got it. All you have to do is put the edited file (you don't even have to rezip it) into the \data\mods folder and it will override the original in ses.kfs or data.kfs or wherever. So for me I ended up with a bunch of .atom files plus some other .txt files in my mods folder and the game uses them instead of the ones that are still zipped in ses.kfs or data.kfs. Highly convenient that it works this way because if you want to go back to the original game you can just move stuff out of the mods folder.

Akimbo
12-12-2009, 01:35 PM
You got it. All you have to do is put the edited file (you don't even have to rezip it) into the \data\mods folder and it will override the original in ses.kfs or data.kfs or wherever. So for me I ended up with a bunch of .atom files plus some other .txt files in my mods folder and the game uses them instead of the ones that are still zipped in ses.kfs or data.kfs. Highly convenient that it works this way because if you want to go back to the original game you can just move stuff out of the mods folder.

Ah, I figured that was how it worked. I'll probably edit some spells later on then :P

Coin-coin le Canapin
12-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Ah, because you're talking about evilin spell, I don't really understand how it works.
Could you explain me precisely?