PDA

View Full Version : Mod Requests

Granamyr
12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Wanted to start a thread to address this directly. I'm sure there are a lot of creative requests out there that the community would be happy to work on. I'll kick it off...

Granamyr
12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Could someone create a mod that pops up a hint that shows what your other troops would do in damage in addition to what the current troop would do.

For example, say it's your Red Dragon's turn:

Red Dragon
Dmg: 3000-4000, Kills 43-53
----------------------
Elves: 2152-3179, Kills 33-43
Hunters: 3290-4293, Kills 47-58
Paladins: 4200-5300, Kills 58
Inquisitors: 4200-5300, Kills 58

rancor26
12-09-2009, 04:26 PM
:o nice start i don't think we have enough good modders here who would know how to do it though :(

elearis
01-23-2010, 02:47 AM
let Amelie be playable in battles! :D

tranngoc
01-24-2010, 12:31 PM
lv 5 human troops ,upgrading your troops to other stronger troops:-D.

Paulixs
01-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Anyone know how to make areas respawn random or wondering armies? it would be cool that after you clear out and island and come back later, it has a few random armies or even hero ones in it, cause you can't truely kill the heros ;) so why don't they rebuild alittle? :grin: hope someone can do this!!!!

Habadacus
02-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I would like to see a class mod that tweaks the Paladin class. I'm not sure if this is possible, but here's what I'd like to do:

I'd remove Power of Darkness from the Might tree
I'd remove Alchemy, Chaos Magic and Destruction from the Magic tree.
I'd add Higher Magic to the Magic Tree, but move it so the requirements would be Meditation and Summoner, instead of Meditation and Destruction.
I'd add Exorcism to the spells the paladin starts out knowing.

Here's my thinking:

Power of Darkness is a very unpaladin-y skill. Goodbye to it.

Same with Chaos Magic, and to a lesser extent Destruction. Paladin magic should be to support their troops, not to do direct damage. They still have access to lightning spells, magic pole-axe, etc so they have some DD magic, but it shouldn't be the focus of the class. Losing Chaos, but gaining Higher Magic would make for some interesting buff combos, without the abusive nuking ability. Might need to cap this at lvl 1 to prevent it from getting too powerful, but I really want to be able to cast a second buff in those first couple of rounds.

With only two magic schools to support, having access to Alchemy could mean this class would be swimming in crystals. So to help balance the awesome presence of Higher Magic, this goes away. There's still Neatness in the Mind tree to fall back on.

Exorcism is a very Paladin-y spell, and I think the Paladin should be able to put the undead to rest right off the bat. So she starts with that at lvl 1, in addition to healing. This is purely optional for flavor. Considering the Paladin needs to kill undead for her badge, this may be a bit unbalanced, but I have found this spell as early as Verona before, so why not give her a little leg up in the early game?

I think that the standard Paladin class should have gotten the +20/level leadership progression, because they seem to be the class that focuses more on their army than either the Dragon or the Spell Book. Warrior seems like she should be more about helping in the fight (rage/dragon skills) than standing back and leading the troops. The Warrior should have gotten the +15/level progression because of the enormous benefit of her dragon and +att +def skills.

However with the mod idea, the +15/level progression is fine for this Paladin, because she can properly buff her smaller army to keep up.

What do you guys think of my "Pure Paladin"? Is this even possible to fiddle with the skill trees that much?

DGDobrev
02-02-2010, 07:33 PM
I like it. Now that sounds like a true Warrior of the Light!

I think that some of the ideas are applicable (since I've taken a long hard look at all the game files some time ago):
- Higher Magic can be added (requires a very small tweak in the text files) but I doubt it can be made as you wish, since summoner is an "end" of a branch. Maybe there's a workaround, I'm not sure.
- Exorcism can be added as a spell without a problem (requires simply writing up the spell name in the starting scrolls and/or spells).
- As for removing Distortion and Chaos, I'm not sure this can be done. Alchemy would not be a problem though, as it is not a prerequisite. The problem is that it will require new images for the skill trees.
- Power of Darkness can be removed safely I think, because it will not be a prerequisite.

aghiuta
02-03-2010, 05:57 AM
You can edit the Hero.txt and remove the chaos magic and destruction for paladin, but you have to make higher magic available from the start (it can not be moved) because otherwise you will not be able to fulfill the prerequisites for it.

Habadacus
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Having Higher Magic, but no Chaos or Destruction is definately what I'd like to go for. Starting with Higher Magic might be a little unbalanced, but the Paladin would still have only so much mana to work with, and would have to buy spells and burn crystals to learn them just like any other class, and wouldn't have the magic runes to upgrade it for a while as they'd need to learn the basic spell schools first. Also, the removal of Alchemy in the magic tree would put the brakes on crystal supply a little too. If that's the only way to make it happen, I think it'd still be worth a try.

Mind you I'm posting this suggestion here in hopes that someone who knows how to mod will take my suggestion and run with it. I am not that guy, at least not yet. I'm too busy playing the game still to start taking it apart!

Scaramouche
02-05-2010, 04:37 AM
I was thinking that it'd be nice to retool the Human troop list a bit, including providing the Humans with a level 5 troop. Here are my thoughts:

VERSION ONE
Swordsmen - Add 'Shield' passive ability that reduces all archer damage by 20% (the human version of 'Bone', essentially)
Guardsmen - Rename to Captain. Remove 'Smashing Blow' ability and replace it with two Charges:1 abilities (Dragon Arrows - as per spell, gives a unit of bowmen dragon arrows ability; Superior Weapons - gives a melee unit that uses weapons a one charge ability that does basic attack damage but ignores 30% resistance).
Horsemen - Gains the 'Second Wind' ability (taken from Paladin) which is renamed to 'Follow me!'
Paladin - Promoted to level 5 unit, with commensurate increase in Leadership cost and Health, etc. Loses the 'Second Wind' ability, gains 'Defender of the Faith' (+20% resistance to adjacent troops or all human troops or some version therein)

VERSION TWO
Knights - Renamed to Gallowglass or Heavy Infantry or Greatswords. Lose 'Dragon Slayer' passive ability. Gain either 'Furious' or 'Terror' passive ability.
Horsemen - Renamed to Knight. Gains 'Dragon Slayer' passive ability. Promoted to level 5 unit with commensurate increase in Leadership cost, Health, etc. Gains 'Splendor' ability (+1 morale to all human units, potentially with a supplementary -1 morale to dragons/demons or something if that's not enough for a level 5?). Potentially have the base attack affect both the adjoining hex and the one behind it (similar to the Red Dragon's base attack) to represent the whole charge/lance action.

There are a lot of other tweaks that could be done, as well. Basically, the idea is to give the Humans more of an identity, and to give them a complete troop structure, as it were. The Humans become about defense, synergy and morale. A very noble, human endeavor!

pavned
02-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I kinda like the horseman becoming the level 5 unit

In fact, it'S the one that make sense since it'S the only one which got something more then the other pedestrian units, since it's on horse.

I think making the horseman the ultimate dragon slayer should be in order!
;-)

But I think everyone miss the fact that there is a level 5 unit for human, it's the Phenix you get from the level 3 spell!

Another option should be making the Royal griffin a level 5 unit. The only thing I'd tweak is the summon ability, making it reloadable with time like the summon ability of the Royal thorn (maybe that's way to good tough...!)

I think it's the easiest one to implement since Royla Griffin are not sold that often compare to horseman/knight/ paladin

PS Is it me or there's a place for a lower version of the ArchMage... the Mage! Should have made ArchMAge little bit tougher nut more expansive and put a level 2 Mage