PDA

View Full Version : Things only Mage can achieve :D

unicornxp
12-09-2009, 06:53 AM
The same tactics as i said before(solo troop), but with better equipments found in Verona.

By the way, in this game i defeated Katahu at about 2 am day5, to get the last stone in Tekron need 14+5 hours so i can clear the game at day5 23:30, then i continued playing and got this score. :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1602&stc=1&d=1260367849

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1603&stc=1&d=1260342654

day7,
LV58,
0 losses,
everything seems perfect but..
How could i missed a task!!
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1601&stc=1&d=1260363117

Finally i got it , i killed this monster without having the contract at the early game>_<
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1604&stc=1&d=1260368319
that's really a unchangeble mistake.I can't play all again...

Now let's talk about game, there are 4 red dragons in Rusty Anchor Tavern so i need to reach 2000 leadership quickly, luckly there i can buy a head of +600 leadership so i won't learn lv3 golry(but lv2 is needed).

After that in Verona i found twilking boots, ancient amulet and the scale set(shiled in Verona other 2 in Debir)...how can i expect more XD

But everything is balanced, i can't find mana spring scroll even i am lv25!!!That made me learn +8 mana per round even before lv3 distortion magic...

At last i found the scoll on battle field, oh my god i missed spring too much....
So after that everything worked fine.

Here's my process of early game before i got the red dragon:

In Debir 1*4 inqusitors + Royal thron, pet dragon did half the damge(another half is fire arrow).

About the 4 heroes(3 task and 1 in casle), add royal snake to finish the battle quickly to keep 0 losses.

here i only got 750+ leadership(2 royal thron need 760..sign), so i have to learn lv2 glory.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1605&stc=1&d=1260343470

In Scarlet island, cuz of lv2 glory, most of the enemies are not strong enough, even the have beholder and archmage..
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1606&stc=1&d=1260343488

i used 3 archmage(only can find 3),9+1 inqusitors, 17 royal snakes and 2 royal thron cleard all non-hero creeps, and got lv2 grand stratge medal.

I have enough leadership to defeat the guard of Rusty Anchor with 0 losses.(the taven had 4 royal griffins)
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1607&stc=1&d=1260343502

But i didn't done this only to save gold for the red dragon(need 40k gold total )

Then i had 1 red dragon and cleaned up Rusty Anchor except zagzag(cuz i didin't have the contract).
================================================== ========
My route

The first loop Debir--Scarlet---Rusty Anchor--Verona--Bolo---Debir

bring the lady back and get her task, also get the stone in Bolo.Becasue i have been to Verona no i have enough gold to buy all usefull items in Debir.

At this time i was at about lv20

The next route Debir--Verona-Montaro--Verona , finished all the task in the main land and reached about lv35.

Next, Dersu--Uzala--Elon--Nameless--Reha

and the final world loop Reha--Umakas--montoro--Verno--Montoro--Tekron--Rusty Anchor--Sclaet--Debir--Shaterra--Dersu--Elon--Nameless--Uzala--Verona

At last, i think there's still something to improve excpet the missing task.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1601&stc=1&d=1260363117

In this game i only had 4 ancient knowledgy world scoll and no shark tooth but finally i still reached lv58,although this is the highest lv i have seen(in other's games),i believe that it's possible to reach lv59 with all exp bonus items since second time in Vernoa.

So the highest score may base on Day7+lv59. I hope someone can done this XD.

Day7+lv58 tooks me nealy 1 week about 36hours(real time) to play and killed too much of my mindcells ,
i should thank 1C company too much for this great game although i won't play KBAP oncemore, i think :)

DGDobrev
12-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Great work, undoubtedly :)

If you missed only the monster from the abyss quest, then you surely have the quest we are all looking for. I do hope you'll take the time some day and do a small check with the quest list in the qwest thread.

If you don't feel like it, zip your saved game before you finished the game (by talking to king mark) and share it with everyone - someone will do that for you :)

Zhuangzi
12-09-2009, 08:31 AM
5 days? I don't get it and I will never get it. :o

I can play this game, I can win on Impossible with zero losses, but one thing I cannot do is keep the time down. It used to take me 24 days for a game of KB:TL and I expect my current Impossible Mage game will take 25+ days. But congrats to those who can do it. :)

Arilian
12-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Same for me :)
The game begins with the quote that i have any time i want...
Still, a great achievment, Grats!

loreangelicus
12-24-2009, 01:21 PM
My route

bring the lady back and get her task, also get the stone in Bolo.Becasue i have been to Verona no i have enough gold to buy all usefull items in Debir.

At this time i was at about lv20

The next route Debir--Verona-Montaro--Verona , finished all the task in the main land and reached about lv35.

Next, Dersu--Uzala--Elon--Nameless--Reha

and the final world loop Reha--Umakas--montoro--Verno--Montoro--Tekron--Rusty Anchor--Sclaet--Debir--Shaterra--Dersu--Elon--Nameless--Uzala--Verona

At last, i think there's still something to improve excpet the missing task.

The optimal island-hopping path is always the primary key in keeping the days down.

Sadly, my work has kept me from spending any time for this game at all... any of those who have finished the game care to comment on the path above? No need to be complete masters of the game, we just need to find the optimal path QUEST-WISE in traversing the islands.

Btw, congrats to unicornxp for such an efficient run, and the resulting high score; highest so far that I know of, and no casualties is an achievement in itself, and all the more difficult in an optimal run.

Zhuangzi
12-24-2009, 01:38 PM
The optimal island-hopping path is always the primary key in keeping the days down.

Sadly, my work has kept me from spending any time for this game at all... any of those who have finished the game care to comment on the path above? No need to be complete masters of the game, we just need to find the optimal path QUEST-WISE in traversing the islands.

Btw, congrats to unicornxp for such an efficient run, and the resulting high score; highest so far that I know of, and no casualties is an achievement in itself, and all the more difficult in an optimal run.

Hi loreangelicus, I was wondering when you'd show up here. I can't comment on your question as my best time for AP is 28 days. :-P

loreangelicus
12-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi loreangelicus, I was wondering when you'd show up here. I can't comment on your question as my best time for AP is 28 days. :-P

Hi Zhuangzi, nice work on the no-loss campaigns; all the sweeter now than in KBTL what with the in-game incentives of added leadership. :)

Work is killing me right now, I'll be lucky to put some real game play time by mid Feb... priority is family first, then work, to provide for the family and of course, to buy games and the latest tech gadgets. :)

Well, no need to concentrate on keeping the days low (just yet), just an insight if the path/route above could be improved on with regards to solving quests in an optimal sequence.

I'm looking at this thread as well:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11996

loreangelicus
01-03-2010, 05:01 AM
Then i had 1 red dragon and cleaned up Rusty Anchor except zagzag(cuz i didin't have the contract).
================================================== ========
My route

Hi unicornxp, just some clarification on what you said above: at Rusty Anchor, did you drop all other units and just used your single Red Dragon + pet dragon + spells to take out all opponents in Rusty Anchor?

I see how this could work for mostly melee enemies (and Rusty Anchor has a ton of all-melee enemies) but what about enemies with heroes? Or heavy ranged attackers?

I assume Order level 2 to get Heal level 2 is essential here?

Paladin on impossible, I got a Red Dragon at Scarlet off a Call Colossus from a duplicate navi map. I'm being hard-headed and keeping a near-full line-up so far: 3 archmages/42 priests/21 inquisitors/1 red dragon. Just cleared Scarlet and bringing with me 50 bowmen/50 pirates in reserve, and will buy 50 robbers at Scarlet (from Burges) to get the Emerald Green Dragon.

I could take out lethal enemies no problem, no-loss. But for some invincible enemies...

I checked out Bolo, the enemies there are pathetic.

I could complete the quest for the Emerald Green Dragon, then put in reserve the archmages and inquisitors (dismiss the priests). But I see some problematic enemies with the pirate ships with heroes, and 2 invincible stacks that are range-heavy.

Or maybe, as your post suggests, this path is only something a mage can achieve. :)

Any advise?

Hento
01-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Tactic I used a lot which guaranteed no losses is to get just one high initiative unit as your army, archdemons are perfect for this, make them invisible in the first round, and for the next 2-3 rounds use fire-rain and death star.

Elwin
01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
But it needs hell a lot of mana i wuold say .. so its late game tactics ..

loreangelicus
01-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Correct, what you suggest Hento is something definitely achievable late-game wherein you have lots of mana regen abilities/items to make it a repeatable process for multiple battles. But for the third island at the start?

My problem right now with doing a solo unit this early in the game is that while I could take out one or two invincible stacks, by the third invincible stack I have little rage and mana left. This is because I still use the pet dragon to dig two chests per battle, for max chance of getting more gold and more importantly, more chances of getting Ancient Knowledge for late game XP push. Sure, I could continue to win over invincible enemies, but there would be little chest-digging after the third battle.

If I get no viable options, I just might do debir-scarlet-bolo-verona-rusty-debir, which is really just 1 hour more than doing debir-scarlet-rusty-verona-bolo-debir. This way I still get to use the Inquisitors to dig up 2-3 chests for all battles. On top of this, I could spam Ball Lightning (which IMHO is the best "damage" ability of the pet dragon on Impossible difficulty) and use Priest and Archmages to make both red and green dragons solid tanks.

ivra
01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
What is the formula to calculate the highscore? I can only see part of the formula. What I can see is the following:

Score = 100 + Max(1, 100 - Number of days played) * Difficulty level (1..4)
Score increases by 2% for each level gained and quest completed, and

I can only see the top of charactes like l, t, h etc on the next line and have no idea what it reads. What is the rest of the formula?

DGDobrev
01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
-1% for each battle lost - meaning you cannot use quicktravel (losing a battle, a trick in KBTL) to return to the start island without hurting your score.

ivra
01-27-2010, 10:47 PM
hmm, I am a little hopeful about the game I am currently playing. Maybe I can reach level 60...

I did not use the optimal route in the beginning so it is not one of the quickest games. But now I am level 51 on day 9 and have just killed K'Tahu the first time I visited Reha (The plan was to come back later and kill him, but now I can save that trip). I got a whopping 10 Ancient Knowledge scrolls so far, and all the battles on Reha was done with them. My pet dragon is level 55, soon 56, and I guess I still have 50 battles left. I have not visited Nameless and Sheterra yet. Also Zilgadis, Demenion and the Champion in verona are still alive (and I have also skipped 3-4 battles in Rusty since they were too tough in the beginning and I had to return to Rusty anyway). I still have 5 Ancient Knowledge spells. I am playing warrior on impossible with no losses so far and have completed the Ogre set so my leadership is quite high (35 000).

I used the following troops agains K'Tahu: Ogres, Paladins, Inquisitors, Demonologists, and Shamans.

So I guess this proves the title of this topic wrong. My warrior just did what only a mage can do :-) At least if it meant going to Reha only once...

ivra
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Today I finished the game. I only got to level 58, barely... I guess 2 +5% XP items and 10 Ancient Knowledge scrolls were not enough. If I had not played this as a relatively quick no-loss warrior game (no casualities, 13 days, impossible warrior, 1747 points), and had gone kiting in the beginning, I might have reached level 60. The reason is that I found 2 Hands of Necropolis in Nameless. But by then I already had completed the Ogre Set and had the new Jimmi Kraud as my companion, so there were no room for them. Also, the only areas that remaind in addition to Nameless was Sheterra.

But I achieved level 60 for my Pet Dragon, which is nice :-)

btw, My Ogres did well against Baal. They crit'ed for 15K when raged and took only 50-100 in damage in retaliate. Nothing spectacular, but quite ok. They did better than my Paladins that also attacked Baal. My Paladins did only crit for 10K. My final troop was Inquisitors so that I could ressurect my two lost Ogres after the battle. My Leadership was 52K which is quite high, I think.

DGDobrev
01-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Grats on finishing the game and getting a pretty decent result!

If you want to utilize the AK scrolls, try reverting to an earlier save and start using them on heroes (4-5 of those in an area or one after another is best) and the spare on nameless and reha. I'm starting to think that one can get to 60 even without that many +XP items, simply with the scrolls, but that has to be checked.

ivra
01-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks! It is my best result so far.

I am so sure about reaching level 60 without XP items. I do not think I wasted my AK scrolls. They were used mostly on bosses and heroes. All boss-fights were done with them, and most of the heroes as well. I used 3 in Reha (every fight except one - had to do one fight before my Ogre's Club revolted and did not want to waste a 50% XP on the suppresion fight.). 2 in Sheterra, 2 in Nameless and 1 in Elon (enough to all heroes + some of the other battles). 1 in Dersu/Uzala to kill bosses and heroes. 1 in Tekron. 1 in Montero and 1 in the final battles (Moro Dark, Zilgadis, Demenion, Champioen and Baal). So all in all I had 11 AK (I forgot about the AK scrolls I used in Tekron ...) scrolls in the entire game and still I ended on level 58.

DGDobrev
01-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Did you use absolutely all of them?

For example, Reha has 6 battles that must be done with AK on: Harrus, Marakash, Sarkash (in the Cave), Ziraks and Harrum (the 2 arena fights), K'Tahu.
Nameless has the following: Restless Zombie, Vlad Vegeto, White Night and Dark Mistikus. 4 more.
Elon has a ton: Uldara, Moro, Uchkuk, Shenobi, Zilgadis. In addition to those, you can find Tomas Torkve, Morto and Weed there. That's 8.

Well, maybe those may push you towards lvl 59, and maybe a bit more, but it is a matter of a little luck as well, I guess. Besides, to get to 60, even with all +XP stuff, you need to do quite a lot of suppressions of rebeling items for like 40-50k extra XP.

In any case, it's up to you to try it out. Your result is great as it is :)

ivra
01-29-2010, 07:51 PM
All you mentioned except Dark Mistikus. I miscalculated the number of battles left in the game for my final AK scroll. Thought it was 5, but it was 6 (forgot that I had left Moro in Elon)

I did not pay attention earlier and my Ogre's Club rebelled just before the last XP battle once - so I suppressed it once with 50% XP boost. After that I started planning it better to make sure it did not happen again. And I did a nice job about it since it rebelled after the battle with Baal :-)

But I did not use items that rebelled (except the Ogre's Club). I upgraded all the items I bought though - and I bought almost all of the items in the game...

I still think you need some of the tricks you applied to reach level 60.