PDA

View Full Version : Hlep me with my Paladin

Nidzge
12-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi I'm playing Paladin Hero on Hard difficulty. From the start of the game I had problems with money (probably due to heavy losses in my battles). Currently I cleaned Debir, Scarlet Wind and Bolo Island. I have few more fights in Rusty Anchor and lots in Verona. I'm level 16 with 4320 leadership. These are units I own:

1. 86 Bowmen
2. 54 Ancient Bears
3. 14 Assassins
4. 72 Royal Snakes
5. 9 Evil Beholders

Problem is I have 0 gold coins :( so there is not much I can change.

I have few questions:

1. Does enemy stacks grow in size as the days past by. The thing is I have traveled a lot from island to island and 24 days has past already. So this is maybe why I'm having problems with enemy armies?

2. Which units are best for Paladin hero. I red that most people says Inquisitors, Paladins are good. Have in mind that I'm still in Verona so I still don't have possibility to recruit juicier units. I have only seen few Emerald Green Dragons.

3. What to do in my case with 0 gold coins and almost all enemies lethal or invincible. BTW I have picked all chests and gold on maps so I can only get gold through fights.

Can anyone help me. Thanks in advance ;)

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
1. No. It's not like Heroes 3.
2. A good primary tank (preferably 600+ HP), a good secondary tank (paladins will do if you can get a hold of them), and 3 ranged units - Archmagi, Inquisitors and something else.
3. To be honest... try to kite some map guards away from the maps. It takes some practice, but it's doable. Otherwise... restart the game on normal difficulty.

Elwin
12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Verona is enough to get nice units, paladins are usually available there ... there are many shops in verona and they can be in any of them ... aslo paladins are guaranteed in mage tower in debir after geting some god stones

If u are 24 and stil rusty .. i think u choose too high difficulty for you to start... i ended hard dificulty in day 20 .. Whole game, and it wasnt speed run to take as least days as possible ...

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
The problem is that he has no gold, and probably he didn't open up verona, or even if he did, he can't afford anything....

Elwin
12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
He said he is at Verona already ... ONly what left for him is kiting or restarting ... i sugest restart seems hes not ready for hard

Nidzge
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Yup, I opened Verona already and defeated 1/2 enemies there. Problem is I probably recruited wrong units and thus had big loses in fights which then caused problem with gold. I played KB: The Legend on normal difficulty and had no problems so I figured out that hard difficult on AP is right path for me. Maybe I was wrong, but I think the problem is I haven't reloaded fights after serious casualties so now I run low on money.

In any case I will try not to restart game and will try to gather gold somehow. Anyway, can anyone help me with units and which I should recruit if I get gold? I'm in Verona so currently Inquisitors and Paladins are available. Where can I get Archmagi's?

Thanks in advance.

Metathron
12-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I've always seen plenty of archmagi in numerous shops in Verona.

Elwin
12-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Totally wrong thinkig. AP is much harder at first run than legend. Hard as first run is for ppl who completed legend but on impossible..

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
You should be aware that KBAP is harder than KBTL, especially until lvl 25 or so.

Since you have verona, try to kite away the map guards and if you manage to get a hold of a map, go check out that area and go on a thieving spree there. Try to get some good spells, especially target and stone skin. If you manage to open up Elon, see if there are any druids, elves or hunters available, they are really good units in the beginning. Paladins are a must, since they reduce the losses taken dramatically.

Urbz
12-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Also if gold is the problem, did you use the treasure find skill of your pet dragon alot, if at all? because this might not seem like it's worth it but it really does add up. Not to mention the other cool stuff you can find. ;)

Nidzge
12-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Also if gold is the problem, did you use the treasure find skill of your pet dragon alot, if at all? because this might not seem like it's worth it but it really does add up. Not to mention the other cool stuff you can find. ;)

I haven't even developed this skill since I though other Dragon skills are more useful :( I will try to work with that :grin:

Elwin
12-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Wrong, its much usefull, thats the first skill to max actually .. then you dont have money problems unless you lose way too much units

Nidzge
12-15-2009, 09:33 AM
I wanted to inform you guys that I made it without restarting the game. Main thing was to defeat fight against guys who were guarding endless bridge. After that all was easy. I got a map for three new islands without any fight and gathered enough gold. After that I returned to Verona carefully choosing every fight. Now I'm level 23 Paladin with 200K+ gold. Anyway, thanks for tips ;)

DGDobrev
12-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Well done :)