PDA

View Full Version : Treasure finding

Arilian
12-08-2009, 08:29 AM
I found that digging chest in combat give better results if i fight the combat first time before reload. (unlike most of the things in the game this is random, if you reload you get different result)
First fight often produce runes and scrolls while after reloads its only money.

Anyone have a similar feeling? It might be possible to check this statistically.

The Rider
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
this is my feeling too. on the animal isle (forgot the name, it is in the north and there is one guy that searches for a treasure) I forgot to save at all, and in one of the last battles the remaining archers commited suicide going on a trap and I didnt have the chance to resurrect all killed units. This way I lost +3 might runes, over 7 crystals and one wander scroll, replaying battles gave me only gold, so I remember that moment very well :(:confused: I checked the file where the probabilities of item/rune/crystal/money are, but they look ok, random number between 1-100, first probability of an item (looked something like that k=Game.random(1,100)
k=k-3
if k<0 than ... gives item (from a list, if the list is empty than money), the list is full of lvl 1 -3 items, the best item I got from the battlefield is the sword of equlibrium on shettera or ogre club (finishing the whole set that way) on elon
elseif
k=k-5
if k<0 than ... gives runes (1 to 3)
elseif
k=k-3
if k<0 than ... gives crystals
elseif
k=k-5
if k<0 than ... gives scrolls (1 to 3)
elseif than ... gives money

it seems that the chance for an item is 3%, for runes 8%, for crystals 11% and for scrolls 16% (I hope I remember correctly the numbers :) )

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I can only add that the chests that the pet dragon digs up do not spawn items and have a different setup:

You can get artifacts only from pre-existing chests on the battlefield. Those have the following chances:
- Gold (76%)
- Random scroll (15%)
- Crystals (5%)
- 1 random rune (3%)
- 1 wanderers' scroll (1%)
- random item (1%) - level of the item is based on the difficulty of the battlefield

Chests dug up by the dragon give:
- Gold (72%)
- Random scroll (15%)
- Crystals (5%)
- 1 random rune (5%)
- 1 wanderers' scroll (3%)

Arilian
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Well if this file can be modified, it should be set to 100% rune, and after 1 battle if can be checked if the code may actually overwrite this after a reload.

The Rider
12-08-2009, 08:37 PM
it is possible :) I checked it, but this is very overpowering
in KBTL I made a mod to add random rune after every battle (chance was 3%+5%*skill level of ironfist, runic stone or high magic and you got hero_level/7 runes). This way you take something like +50,60 runes for the entire game.

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah. I'm looking at the ses.kfs file now (finally got around to it) and all I can say is that it really easy to mod to a person's wishes. For example, you can make any char to start with extra leadership, more runes, more gold, or mod the leadership per level and whatnot... But that kinda spoils the game.

However, when someone gets bored by the game as it is (pretty much as I'm now... that's why I'm making up different builds), one can easily resort to some modding to make it much more interesting.