PDA

View Full Version : Optimization and questions

aj2000
12-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Was wondering whether anyone can provide me some additional info to fulfill my optimization obsession >.< (I've read most of the info posting, very informative! Thx to DG and various others for providing them):

1) I understand royal griffin can spawn from griffin eggs, how to reset count when all I'm getting is normal griffin? Go to a new map? or can I use 1 spider egg to reset the count to try for royal? I need just 1 to begin sacrifice onto.

2) Could someone kindly provide all the shop placement for lvl 3 - 5 artifacts or tell me which file to check? This is so I could reroll and quickly check the first 4-5 islands for them to see what I have to work with. A list of them would be nice too... as I can refer only to the english TL manual atm. Example:

Debir -
??? Castle - 1x lvl 4/5, +1 lvl 4/5 after wife rescued from Verona
??? academy tower - 1x lvl 4/5
Scarlet Wind -
??? Castle - 1x lvl 3/4 artifact

3) Could someone provide which nav maps are kitable by difficulty? Certain ones I found to be impossible to kite. This will help us with checking whether we are locked from further island jumping thievery! example:
Debir: Scarlet Wind, Bolo (All kitable - Easy)
Scarlet Wind: Bolo, Rusty Anchor, Verona 70%(All kitable - Easy to medium)
Bolo: Rusty Anchor, Verona (1 Kitable - Easy)
Rusty Anchor: Verona, Dersu, Tekron50% (forgot)
Verona: Dersu, Umkas, Elon, Tekron50% (2 Kitable - Easy and medium)
Montero: Montero, Tekron, Umkas, Shatterra
Dersu: Verona, Uzala (All kitable - Hard and insane)
Tekron: Dersu, Umkas, Sheterra (2 Kitable? - Easy)
Umkas: Dersu, Uzala, Nameless island, Reha
Uzala: Elon, Nameless island, Reha
Elona: Sheterra, Nameless island, Reha
Nameless island: Sheterra
Reha and Sheterra spawn no maps.
Map generation info taken from DG's info thread, good stuff.

4. Where is the rune exchange, does it trade at 1:1 infinitely?

5. Where is the rune buy, what is the cost progression (same as in TL?)?

6. For the dragon hunter medal, what would be the easiest earliest 1 dragon kill? Scarlet wind's cave dragon with dragonflies? what about the next lvl medal? I assume I'll actually need to build up an army to go for the lvl 2 medal? I ask as I want to get it to lvl 1/2 asap to get the most out of my dragon lvl :grin:

7. For heroes, could someone provide a full list of them by location and which ones not having contracts? (So I can kill them right away for the rage medal!)
Example:
Debir: Burut (castle)
Scarlet Wind: Pirate ship (forgot name)
...etc

8. For dragon lvl up, I understand the xp you get from skill is mutilplied by your army total leadership divided by enemy armoy leadship. Does that mean that if I go in battle with 20 leadership vs 1000 leadership (peasant vs a lvl 5 say) and use a rage skill right away I'll get 50x multiplier? Or is there a limit to the multiplier? Makes me want to stick with a tiny army and compensate with spells.

9. I read somewhere (I can't find which post it was, too many >.<) that Paladin (hero) ressurect talent is auto used on the stack with the biggiest Lost in terms of leadership i think. Just want to confirm this and make sure I didn't mix it up with something else

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Elwin
12-08-2009, 08:09 AM

Debir: Scarlet Wind, Bolo (All kitable - Easy)
Scarlet Wind: Bolo, Rusty Anchor, Verona 70%(All kitable - Easy to medium)
Bolo: Rusty Anchor, Verona (1 Kitable - Easy)
Rusty Anchor: Verona, Dersu, Tekron50% (no kitable)
Verona: Dersu, Umkas, Elon, Tekron50% (2 Kitable - medium)
Montero: Montero, Tekron, Umkas, Shatterra - never tried to kite montero maps
Dersu: Verona, Uzala (All kitable - medium)
Tekron: Dersu, Umkas, Sheterra (also never tried to kite)
Umkas: Dersu, Uzala, Nameless island, Reha ( 1 kitable easy)
Uzala: Elon, Nameless island, Reha ( all kitable)
Elona: Sheterra, Nameless island, Reha ( all kitable 2 medium, 1 hard)

4. Exchange is in center of montero, nope its not 1:1. 5 for 2, 15 for 8 etc
5. Next to the guy exchanging runes. Grow ratio is 50K

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
1) Try doing the egg spawning 1 by 1. Or try spawning eggs of different types 1 by 1 (like 1 griffin egg, 1 spider egg, 1 griffin egg again and so on). Sometimes that changes what the eggs give you, sometimes doesn't... The game acts weirly in some cases.

2) That would be hard. I suggest you wait till spamm completes the work on the save game scanner - the artifact setup should be easily accessible there. Otherwise, it's simpy not predictable - I've seen lvl 3-5 items all around the maps.

6) The cave on Rusty Anchor will do. Otherwise, sometimes on Scarlet or Rusty anchor there is a Ship captain who has a simgle emerald dragon in his army.

7) That would be hard as well. The game randomizes the enemy hero setup at start. So for example, you can find Morto on Verona or on Elon. Ship captains spawn randomly in Scarlet, Bolo, Rusty, Uzala, Tekron and a few other locations. So... I doubt that it is possible to predict where the enemy heroes will be.

8 ) You should try that out. I never did such a test :)

9) Well, I think I said something like that, and my experiences with the paladin confirm it entirely. However, if you perchance get something different as a result (like your girl ressing a lost stack with lower leadership than another)you should post that here so we can adjust our tactics accordingly :)

Elwin
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
7. Most non contract heroes roaming on the map have random locations .. morto can be found also in montero ;)
halt is moslty in verona/montero
azzy verona/dersu
rotem verona/dersu
weed elon/uzala
and so on ..

Not counting special locations like castles, talking doors. Hmm fixed would be also ogres : Hogan guarding kumatu and the one in river of memories

travelingoz
12-08-2009, 02:22 PM
6. The earliest and easiest dragon to kill to get the medal is on a ship patroling Scarlet Island. It's an Emerald Green dragon and the hero usualy has 4 stacks of 30 each pirates on impossible. He usually casts Fire Arrow, Book of Evil and sometimes Poison Skull. He's not too hard to beat, i usually take him out on the way back from sneaking! I also wait to see what he's going to cast each round before i use my pet dragon as the Evil Book only has 100 def so its kung fu kick is a good way of taking it out.:grin:
I tried with a Mage on impossible. I already had the Dragon Medal lev 1 and Exp lev 2 for the pet dragon on the Might Tree. I used 1 Archmage (for protection), 1 Inquistor (for rage) and 1 Royal Griffin (for opening chests) to clean out Debir. Managed to get the pet dragon up to Lev 7 and Lev 1 of the Guardian Medal by the time i finished there, so yes it's definitely a good thing to do.:-)

aj2000
12-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks for all the good info. I'll definitely test that dragon xp out and post. I'm currently running hard mage and finished sneaking up to Tekron but can sneak no further.

atm I'm wrapping up scarlet and running 2 stacks of 1 inquisitor for double rage, a stack of 2 troll for sacrifice (couldn't find giant which can take a lvl 2 sacrifice without losing one *sniff*) and a stack of either 1x archmage / paladin to sacrifice onto (want to get a royal griffin to sac on in there ><)

I'll post any info I find, thanks again

Urbz
12-09-2009, 09:34 AM
About 7, do you have the Contract hero mod yet? because if not this might help you alot.