PDA

View Full Version : Which is the "Elven" Island?

Akimbo
12-07-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm just about to move onto a new Island, I've done all I can with my army on Verona and all that's left is "very strong" or "invincible" enemies. So I'm looking to move onto the "Elven" themed Island. I really want to see if I can get some Hunters or even normal Elven Archers into my force. Even with the nerf to Dragon arrows, archers are still my favourite unit type. (Since I found 2 Generals Batons on Verona my army has gained a large power boost as well :P)

DGDobrev
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
It's Elon. There is a map opening it on Verona.

Akimbo
12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
It's Elon. There is a map opening it on Verona.

Thanks. Figured it may be. What level/leadership would you recommend for there? I can probably sneak around if it's hard anyway. I managed to get that map before I left Verona, probably the hardest fight so far getting it as well, darn Trolls.

DGDobrev
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Sneaking is preferable. You should refer to the KBAP info thread for the general difficulty of the locations. In our case, Verona is 45/100, Elon, along with Uzala is 75/100, so you can expect serious trouble there.

Akimbo
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Sneaking is preferable. You should refer to the KBAP info thread for the general difficulty of the locations. In our case, Verona is 45/100, Elon, along with Uzala is 75/100, so you can expect serious trouble there.

Ah yeah, I did have that thread open permanantly on a seperate tab, but my firefox get's over 250 meg of memory usage sometimes, so I decided to close a few tabs lol.

Anyway, I'll have a sneak around Elon see what I can find, then it's off to Montero I guess!

travelingoz
12-07-2009, 04:07 PM
What class and level are you playing Akimbo? It sounds like you've played KB:TL a bit? If so then don't worry about the "very strong" and "lethal" army descriptions. Depending on their composition, they're often quit easily beatable if your tactically inclined.;)

As for the Elven Land Elon, I haven't seen Hunters very often.... There is one group of 3 shops where you first land that's easily accessable. There is also a merchant and 2 shops in the center of the island which are much harder to get to if you try the direct approach. So it may be a good idea to visit the astronomers hut behind the three shops as he has a quest for you to find a fallen metorite, which you'll find in the center there too. Once you bring the metorite back, he'll tell you need to get some tools from Montero. ;)
If you cruise around the ocean to the second landing on the other side of the island, it's quite easy to kite the patrol there down the stairs and then quickly turn around and run back up. Similarly, once you get further along the path, the second patrol is also quite easy to get around. You just need to get it to follow you back to a wider spot on the path and it's easy to do a u-turn and give it the slip. Past the castle and down the stairs is where you'll find the merchants and the fallen meteorite.

Akimbo
12-07-2009, 04:44 PM
What class and level are you playing Akimbo? It sounds like you've played KB:TL a bit? If so then don't worry about the "very strong" and "lethal" army descriptions. Depending on their composition, they're often quit easily beatable if your tactically inclined.;)

Yeah I played the first game a fair bit, so I'm used to the KB system. Playing a warrior at the moment, as I wanted the extra rage so I could make full use of the Dragon Pet on the first playthrough. I'm sure I could actually take on the stronger armies, but despite playing a game where I'm not bothered by the end score, I still like to win fights with no losses and with undead in my army which I can't res, I may take losses at the moment.

As for the Elven Land Elon, I haven't seen Hunters very often.... There is one group of 3 shops where you first land that's easily accessable. There is also a merchant and 2 shops in the center of the island which are much harder to get to if you try the direct approach. So it may be a good idea to visit the astronomers hut behind the three shops as he has a quest for you to find a fallen metorite, which you'll find in the center there too. Once you bring the metorite back, he'll tell you need to get some tools from Montero. ;)
If you cruise around the ocean to the second landing on the other side of the island, it's quite easy to kite the patrol there down the stairs and then quickly turn around and run back up. Similarly, once you get further along the path, the second patrol is also quite easy to get around. You just need to get it to follow you back to a wider spot on the path and it's easy to do a u-turn and give it the slip. Past the castle and down the stairs is where you'll find the merchants and the fallen meteorite.

Sounds like a good plan, here's hoping I get something decent from them :)

Arilian
12-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I had 4 place to buy hunters and 0 to buy simple elves...

Akimbo
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I had 4 place to buy hunters and 0 to buy simple elves...

Do you remember where they were? (Just need the Island name really.*) As I've just finished sneaking around on Elon and all I found were normal Elf Archers. I did however find some more Emerald Dragons, Ancients Ents, Black Unicorns, Dryads and Shamen.... :)

edit: *Yes I realise the spawns are random, but I havn't been everywhere yet, so if you found them on an island I've not been to yet, I can still hold out some hope for them :)

travelingoz
12-08-2009, 03:09 AM
If you're playing as a warrior on hard Akimbo, then you should be able to beat those armies quite easily without any losses. Unless of course they have lots of ranged units and you haven't found Target Spell yet. If you have, just cast Target first round on your paladins and let them take the hits!

Akimbo
12-08-2009, 10:10 AM
If you're playing as a warrior on hard Akimbo, then you should be able to beat those armies quite easily without any losses. Unless of course they have lots of ranged units and you haven't found Target Spell yet. If you have, just cast Target first round on your paladins and let them take the hits!

I kicked the paladins out of my army. Slow and Boring unit, even if they are amazing.

Still looking for info on where people have found hunters.

Arilian
12-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I had the all hunters on Elon.
Even right on the coast where i landed.

On my old merchant friend from KB:TL

On the tree north from him.

And 1 more i dont remember :)

and 0 elves.

It was really strange. I liked Elves better than hunters in KB:AP because they can be brutal on the first round (and 3,5 etc..)
But i have realised now that in almost every battle there are animals that can be killed fast with hunters so they are also useful...

Akimbo
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I had the all hunters on Elon.
Even right on the coast where i landed.

On my old merchant friend from KB:TL

On the tree north from him.

And 1 more i dont remember :)

and 0 elves.

It was really strange. I liked Elves better than hunters in KB:AP because they can be brutal on the first round (and 3,5 etc..)
But i have realised now that in almost every battle there are animals that can be killed fast with hunters so they are also useful...

Oh well, maybe once I free up some of those castles on Elon I'll get something decent :(

I have like 5-6 items dedicated totally to archers and/or ranged characters so far. Seems the game wants me to use them, I just can't find my favourite ranged unit :P