PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions..

Affliction
12-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm currently playing Mage on Hard after finishing game as Paladin (Normal). I'm working my way around Rusty Island and Verona. My current troops are both types of Droids (though I'm running short on ranged type, only about 35/60), Assassins, Royal Snakes and Demonologist. I'm trying to get Grand Strategy achievements, because extra leadership would be sweet, but it's very hard. I rezz my troops by sacrificing melee droid and then resurecting them with ranged ones (they can ressurect huuuuge number of them).

My damaging spells aren't really powerful at this point and I don't have much to use. Only flaming arrow, poison and fireball.

I have questions regarding achievements:

Battle Alchemy (bonus fire and poison damage) seems to only work on my troops and not spells?

In some achievements, there is mention of spells I have never seen on my 1st walkthrough - like Armor of Gods and Magic Shield. What are these spells?

Where can I find Trap spell? There was one in robber's den on 1st island, but I didn't have gold to buy it at the time and once I defeated enemy hero there, there's nothing to buy. I'm asking this, because on my 1st walkthrough, I didn't find this spell at all.

Thanks! Might be I have more questions, but that's for the moment.

Elwin
12-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Magic Shield is archmage skill not a spell , and armor of gods is rare spell often doesnt appear anywhere on the game. there is no guaranteed place for any spell in game its random ,,,

vicheron
12-07-2009, 08:38 AM
I believe that Armor of Gods is Divine Armor.

Unfortunately, all the shops and items, except for the eggs on the adventure map, are completely random.

My mage is level 46 right now. I've been to all the islands and I still haven't found Fit of Energy, Resurrection, and Stone Skin. I didn't find Trap until I was like level 30 but I found Sacrifice at around level 10.

The Rider
12-08-2009, 10:27 AM
yeah, it is completly random, the first time I played, I never found:
Time Back
Death Star
Demon Slayer
The second time I played: Demon Slayer was in Verona, Time Back- in Verona in the shop where it costs you 200 gold to see the items and Death Star was again in Verona... :confused:
In this game (as mage) I got plenty of runes so it wasnt a problem to upgrade neatness and at the end I got around 900 crystals (first level of neatness gives you +2 crystals from 1-3 lvl items, second +4 crystals of 4th lvl items and +6 crystals +2-3 runes from 5th lvl neatness). I bought all items from the shops and converted everything I dont use into crystals and runes. It was very amusing to have all spell to experiment with

Affliction
12-09-2009, 07:12 AM
I have item Army Drum (150 leadership, +1 to morale of all troops), yet my troops still don't have any morale bonuses. I tried unequipping item and my morale still remains same. Is that item bugged ?

aj2000
12-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Assuming they're not units with no moral, I'm guessing its the infamous droid bug.

There's apparently a bug involving army slots occupied by repair droids (or guard droids?) that locks out moral changes in said slot forever, even after you remove the droid and reload save in most cases. I think restarting a new game will fix it until you use droids again. I read this from somewhere and apparently a couple players have ran into it already. I've not experienced this as I do not use droids.

Its a damn shame as I really want to use rep droid / guard droid + sacrifice combo to grow my troops, but I stayed away from droid since I read up on the bug...

Urbz
12-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Assuming they're not units with no moral, I'm guessing its the infamous droid bug.

There's apparently a bug involving army slots occupied by repair droids (or guard droids?) that locks out moral changes in said slot forever, even after you remove the droid and reload save in most cases. I think restarting a new game will fix it until you use droids again. I read this from somewhere and apparently a couple players have ran into it already. I've not experienced this as I do not use droids.

Its a damn shame as I really want to use rep droid / guard droid + sacrifice combo to grow my troops, but I stayed away from droid since I read up on the bug...

I'm not sure this is the same bug but I also have some bugs with moral not shoing, yet I never had droids in my army in this playthrough.

rancor26
12-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I have item Army Drum (150 leadership, +1 to morale of all troops), yet my troops still don't have any morale bonuses. I tried unequipping item and my morale still remains same. Is that item bugged ?

Well if it's you can try to fix the bug yourself. Go to ses.kfs and find items.txt everything should be located there.

Affliction
12-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Well if it's you can try to fix the bug yourself. Go to ses.kfs and find items.txt everything should be located there.

When I open that file with notepad, I get a bunch of gibberish text. There is items.txt somewhere, but I can't make out any text.

Btw, how do people handle item upgrades on higher difficulty levels? Right now, even most basic items have extremely powerful guardians and I can't seem to beat them without taking huge losses myself.

DGDobrev
12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
It's all about fighting properly (low loss count, so that you have extra cash), knowing what the item has to "offer", and in the end, knowing what you can set against it. For example, anything that has the siege ability get extra damage against gremlin towers, so Cyclops and Cannoneers will excel in such battles.

Zarathustra
12-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't know if it's a translation error or bug, but the army drum only increases the morale of human units. I checked it ingame and in item.txt.

Coin-coin le Canapin
12-12-2009, 04:05 PM
I think mage is way more difficult to play because he's so dependant of the randomness of scrolls on islands.
I mean, with some bad luck, you could never find any good spell like chain lightning, rain of fire, ice geyser, and so on.
With a warrior, you know you'll always find some very interesting units, in any game.

Jazzer32
12-12-2009, 06:02 PM

Actually it gives morale boost only to HUMAN troops (I think description is wrong)

bsctgod
12-13-2009, 03:37 AM
I think mage is way more difficult to play because he's so dependant of the randomness of scrolls on islands.
I mean, with some bad luck, you could never find any good spell like chain lightning, rain of fire, ice geyser, and so on.
With a warrior, you know you'll always find some very interesting units, in any game.

I agree, I am finding the warrior easier to play. Putting the mana regens for adventure/battle modes at the bottom of the magic skill tree really slows things down for the mage. The dragon is pretty powerful too with the warrior. You can do a lot of damage early with its bottom 3 powers. I found myself hitting a new island perpetually maxed in Rage from battle to battle.

Elwin
12-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Yep in beging dragon > spells bvut in late game spells > dragon but leadership wins here in boss battles