PDA

View Full Version : How to play Paladin?

Coin-coin le Canapin
12-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi!
I've finished both KB:TG and KB:AP with a warrior.
I've also played KB:TG with a mage.
I see how you to play these classes, and it's quite easy to understand. :mrgreen:

I'd like to try the Paladin on KB:AP, but I don't really see what kind of gameplay to use, especially about spells.
Can a paladin use destruction spell with efficiency?
Does he have to focus on "support" spells like rez, various buffs and so on?

Well, if you just can help me about the way to play well with a paladin... :]

And sorry for my horrible english.

DGDobrev
12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I strongly suggest to make a scapegoat build.

This means buffs (stone skin, target, god armor, mass haste, etc.), a mixture of tough melee and ranged units and get the resurrection skill maxed ASAP. Then the only thing left for you to do is to use target (round 1) and stone skin (round 2) on your tank and never mind the losses you suffer from that stack, as your paladin will recover them 100%. That will help you win battles with minimal losses.

Coin-coin le Canapin
12-05-2009, 08:29 PM
That's quite my strategy with my Warrior...
The main difference is that I don't use much resurrect... Because I'm a warrior. :D

Elwin
12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Yep ... i think i will not play paladin in AP i just dont find anything special about him .. in Legend let say warior was weak in magic .. but in AP with rune exachanging it can get a lot from magic tree and hes highest leadership ...

DGDobrev
12-05-2009, 09:25 PM
That's quite my strategy with my Warrior...
The main difference is that I don't use much resurrect... Because I'm a warrior. :D

I was talking about the skill, not the spell :)

Elwin
12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Does it count as no loss at all? aobut ress speell it was importants spell in legend .. in AP i did not have it on my warior and ... nothing about that .. paladins are just enough .. unlesss you play demon army

DGDobrev
12-05-2009, 09:33 PM
No. If you lose units and recover them afterwards through the skill, they still count as losses. But in any case, for you, it is a no-loss battle :)

Elwin
12-05-2009, 09:38 PM
IN terms of money only ... paladin lost all his strong points which made him not a warrior and not a mage. IN AP i feel like its just warior with 2/3 of leadership ..

DGDobrev
12-05-2009, 09:42 PM
In a way, that is so :)

On the other hand, if you play with only 1 stack of Black Knights + splinter, you will never lose even 1 unit regardless of what happens :P

Elwin
12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
But it will be count as losses at summary :p it wuold be good for speed run only ;p

DGDobrev
12-05-2009, 09:51 PM
So what :) Not every game must be a no-loss one :) 50 no-loss is enough.

bucazaurus
12-05-2009, 09:54 PM
It is true. I tried to play a Paladin but after you get your hands on one stack of Paladins the game is no challenge . Is way too easy.

Elwin
12-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Dobrev : i just forgot that :D. IN Ap no loss its not so tedious and boring like in legend so i just keep in mind only for no loss now lol.

And about easy with paladin ;p warior wuold be easier ;p you wont get 500 black nights with paladin ... and tis most devasting force in AP, my current max damage on baal is 74 K XD

DGDobrev
12-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, I also have my mind set the same way - lose nothing. However, every now and then we can allow ourselves a little leeway :) Just for the fun of it!

N3MES1S
12-06-2009, 12:06 AM
I strongly suggest to make a scapegoat build.

This means buffs (stone skin, target, god armor, mass haste, etc.), a mixture of tough melee and ranged units and get the resurrection skill maxed ASAP. Then the only thing left for you to do is to use target (round 1) and stone skin (round 2) on your tank and never mind the losses you suffer from that stack, as your paladin will recover them 100%. That will help you win battles with minimal losses.

I think everyones using paladins as main tanks uses the same strategy. For me, using a mage, i always move the palading at first and all the lower tanks next to him, and i always use paladin's resurrection at the end of the match to minimize the casualties, while i have resurrection spell maximized. I use resurrection speel to resurrect units out of the range of the paladin. True is that u dont need to worry about losing paladin units, cuz u will resurrect em when u use paladin resurrect talent. That way, u can do a lot of no losses matches (i have 225 right now on level 49). If u have inquisitors too, u will be almost inmortal xD. Invincible armys becomes too easy in almost all of the times (except heroes, that will be a bit stronger but nothing u cant handle). I think u can play watever u want even if u have mage, paladin or warrior, just u will not receive the runes according with your class.

Elwin
12-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Undead army with paladin sounds .. uhmm not realy good .. hes medal is from helaing blessing ressing .. and damage to paladins and inquis so .. of course its possible to do, but its definetly not what this char was made about ;p

DGDobrev
12-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Hmm... This game is confusing a lot of people. We will really need to set up a name or a hint to show whether someone is talking about a Paladin hero or a Paladin unit.

I was talking about the paladin hero all the time and his resurrection skill, which is Paladin-hero-only. It resurrects up to 100% of the casualties suffered by a certain troop. As such, you do recover their losses 100% - no matter whether the unit was Black Dragons or Black Knights.

Rygaros
12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm playing a lv 22 Paladin atm and wondering where I can find the resurrectionspell. Or is it just random apperance opn every scroll so I can be unlycky it hasnt spawned anywere?

Elwin
12-17-2009, 12:48 PM
random mostly, i heard its guaranted if u give back the inqusitor blades to its owner.

Rygaros
12-17-2009, 01:51 PM
random mostly, i heard its guaranted if u give back the inqusitor blades to its owner.

And where can I find the blade and its owner?

Elwin
12-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Grave yeard on scarlet island. You must kill thoms thorkve. Hes location is random. Mostly underground of montero or elon.

billythegreat
12-17-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm playing a lv 22 Paladin atm and wondering where I can find the resurrectionspell. Or is it just random apperance opn every scroll so I can be unlycky it hasnt spawned anywere?

Or use the scan savegame mod and find where you can get a resurrection scroll.

Rygaros
12-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I guess I were lucky. Found it under the caves in montero. I sneaked by a cyclop hero wich was invincible and under there a resurrection scroll were laying on the floor.

Besides, I dont need to use it atm. I've had 20 fights in a row with no losses.
Troops using atm, 6 giants, 49 paladins, 2 groups with 75 in each repairingdroids and 100 of the other droids.
Simply using the resurection ability on the paladin if any died along with healingspell and repair on the droids;)

Elwin
12-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Yep ress lost its power in AP, you barely need unless you play demon army