PDA

View Full Version : rusty island all very strong and lethal

Ahira_Bln
12-04-2009, 02:17 PM
im playing a mage lvl9 and leadership 1787 actually. except 2 enemies at Bola and some at Bola (none at Debir), i killed all.

i already have grand strategy medal II (+500 leadership), so i expected to have a realy good leadership for that stage of the game.

did i miss something, because for a "normal" game it looked a bit to hard at the moment.

Elwin
12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
You have been in scarlet island right ? i bet you did not miss much the game at this point is not that easy for a mage even on normal, But kinda that shouldnt be all very stong i think .. there are some realy powerful stacks there, but casual patrols on island shouldnt be that strong.

Metathron
12-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I have to say the game is not evenly balanced, at least on normal. Adventuring on the first four islands is a bit tedious and getting to Verona is a pain, but after that the game gets much easier. It's quite annoying, really.

Also, in my last game, I could find no paladins anywhere on the first four. How's that for a slap in the face?

Elwin
12-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Thats normal, i always get them in verona .. not counting mage tower after geting stone

joasoz
12-17-2009, 08:02 AM
I found four assassins on the second island (scarlet?) where the drunk guy is camped on the beach outside. That is really helpful for me (mage - hard).
Does this drunk guy have any point to him. I get no quest conserning him

Elwin
12-17-2009, 08:25 AM
yep he does. If you talk to him, you can force parrot on rusty to tell you a pasword to taking doors

Urbz
12-17-2009, 09:21 PM
yep he does. If you talk to him, you can force parrot on rusty to tell you a pasword to taking doors

Doesnt the parrot tell you the password anyhow? i'm farly sure he does.

grjohnson
01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
THen what do we do with the password.. after talking to the parrot. FOr the life of me I cannot remember, but I do remember being asked a password somewhere, but can't remember where.

DGDobrev
01-26-2010, 11:17 PM
The is a talking door on Scarlet Wind island. Use the password and it will let you in. There is one tough fight there, but there are 2 guaranteed items in the cave.

grjohnson
01-27-2010, 03:00 AM
AWESOME.. that'll save me alot more running around.

I'll check that door out... cheers,

alpinar
01-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Im in the same boat as you ahira..got a lv 11 mage (on normal)and i have the Axe pack and robot boss in the cave on bola..and on rusty island i found the packs of enemys pretty hard..i always make it just on the edge ..after that i have to spend shietloads of money to rebuild my army again ..tnx god for lvl 3 chaos magic..but i hope its getting easyer as the most ppl says after the first 4 islands
PS: sorry for my english ..its not my homelanguage

prusik
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
I must be blind for I cannot find the freaking door. Can anyone point it out to me? Some landmark?
I have the password since the start of the game, and now I'm lvl51 kinda going around to finish all the little quests; and still can't find the door!
Thanks.

Found it. haha...

N3MES1S
02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Doesnt the parrot tell you the password anyhow? i'm farly sure he does.

Yup, the parrot tell you the password even if u dont talk with the drunk guy. I only talked to him the 2 first games, but the other 4 talked to the parrot directly. So i think the drunk guy is just that, a drunk guy loll.
One thing, if u think the game turned too hard, don be afraid of facing very strong + troops, cuz they are not that strong and u sometimes needs to kill someone stronger to advance. Not always u will face "equal en strength" - troops.

N3MES1S
02-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I must be blind for I cannot find the freaking door. Can anyone point it out to me? Some landmark?
I have the password since the start of the game, and now I'm lvl51 kinda going around to finish all the little quests; and still can't find the door!
Thanks.

Found it. haha...

LOL, well at level 51 the things you find on the cave will be almost useless xD. At level 51 i left 2 or 3 little quests incomplete, but i the game was near the end and i decided to finish Tahu and Baal. Enough KB AP for me..

Eightyseven
02-12-2010, 03:36 PM
im having the same problem as thread starter
im lvl 12 paladin and 3000 leadership and all on rusty anchor and verona are very hard and lethal, i cleared everything on the first 3 islands so far (except 1 stack guarding a map)
what to do?

KongMysen
02-12-2010, 04:54 PM
You need to support us with some more info. Which troops are you using? Spells? Items etc.

Have you managed to win no-loss fights to earn the leadership medal?
Are you able to buy any lvl 5 troops, or +leadership items.
Do you possess a "Call Colossus" or Call of Death" wanderers scroll?

Some tips

-Search any shop on the 5 islands to see if you can find "better" units
-Search for items, which will suit your hero troops

Troops who work well in most lineups.

-All lvl 5 units, especially dragons and trolls
-Any troop, that summons troops. Especially Demonologists, Druids, Royal Griffins
-Paladins

Lvl 5 troop + Stoneskin + heal can get you past most troops. Lethal armies aren't really lethal if your troops are better survivors

loreangelicus
02-12-2010, 05:19 PM
There is a reason why there are guaranteed units on the starting islands:

Debir: royal thorns, royal snakes, inquisitors
Scarlet: archmage
Bolo: repair droid, guard droid

When having trouble getting no-loss or just having trouble defeating enemies at Bolo/Rusty use this lineup:

royal thorn/repair droid/guard droid/repair droid/archmage

The repair droids repair each other and the guard droid, the guard droid tanks, the archmage cast magic shield on the guard droids to make them tougher tanks, the royal thorn summons secondary tanks and dishes out a not-too-shabby ranged damage. Your weakest unit here is the archmage, which is not so bad considering he has a reasonable Defense of 24 and 140 HP.

Hope this helps.

Eightyseven
02-12-2010, 05:37 PM
You need to support us with some more info. Which troops are you using? Spells? Items etc.

Have you managed to win no-loss fights to earn the leadership medal?
Are you able to buy any lvl 5 troops, or +leadership items.
Do you possess a "Call Colossus" or Call of Death" wanderers scroll?

Some tips

-Search any shop on the 5 islands to see if you can find "better" units
-Search for items, which will suit your hero troops

Troops who work well in most lineups.

-All lvl 5 units, especially dragons and trolls
-Any troop, that summons troops. Especially Demonologists, Druids, Royal Griffins
-Paladins

Lvl 5 troop + Stoneskin + heal can get you past most troops. Lethal armies aren't really lethal if your troops are better survivors

hmmm i have no lvl 5 units and cant find them either

my units are inquisitors , bears, royal snakes, priests, royal thorns
problem is i have 4 royal thorns but i have room for 7

im a lvl 12 paladin with like 3000 leadership and lvl 2 divine magic
i finished the first game on normal pretty easy, but this one seems to be alot harder

KongMysen
02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
hmmm i have no lvl 5 units and cant find them either

my units are inquisitors , bears, royal snakes, priests, royal thorns
problem is i have 4 royal thorns but i have room for 7

im a lvl 12 paladin with like 3000 leadership and lvl 2 divine magic
i finished the first game on normal pretty easy, but this one seems to be alot harder

well You obviously need a new tank. the Bears arent really good enough on Verona

You can get 9-10 Paladins in the University on Debir. more to buy once you can beat the guard on the bridge to Montero, and there are usually Tiatans there to recruit.
or
Song of the wind can give you Royal Griffins
Call Colossus can give you your salvation
Call of Death can give you Bone dragons
(100% certainty i resently learned in these forums)

Anyway, get a high hp, high defence/ resistant unit and tank with Stoneskin on. Arch Mages can support even further defence with the Magic Shield, so you could swap your priests for those.

Divine Magic = Order Magic? If yes, I suggest you get distortion for the Target spell and the Stone Skin.

Eightyseven
02-12-2010, 08:56 PM
there were only 5 paladins in Debir university
and i could only find 6 archmages but it still worked better then what i had before

KongMysen
02-14-2010, 09:29 AM
The Guard droid - repair droid - repair droid is a very good lineup as already mentioned. The repair droids can repair a huge amount, so its ok to split them. And defence on droids is good, except when fighting mages and priests, inquisitors etc.

You could also get the free green dragon on Rusty Island. Just bring 50 robbers, pirates and bowmen to the guy on the beach, and you will get a key to the cave.
The barbarian guard can be lured away, and inside the cave you can get a green dragon for free.

Hento
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM
You don't have to split Repair droids after you get the phantom spell.

KongMysen
02-15-2010, 06:13 AM
I disagree...

You don't have to split them late game. But a 3000 leadership Paladin most likely uses all his mana to get around 40 % repair droids.
She would be better off casting stone skin and slow and such and wait with the phantom spell till she finds some mana items and gets a boost to intellect

N3MES1S
02-17-2010, 10:22 PM
As a start u should go with swordman, inquisitors, royal snakes, archers and bears. U can use sea dogs from scarlett instead of swordman (they work really well) if u run out of em. Once u manage to clear scarlett, u should be able to go to bola island. There u can get polar bears and ancient bears. Also beholders. On my last game, at level 30 i was using evil beholders (i found a stack of 2300 on nameless island lol), inquisitors, paladins, royal griffins and assasins. Assasins are just amazing, and evil beholders works great. I got the -20% requirements equip for griffins, inquisitors and paladins. Royal griffins are a very resourceful unit, lol, i just summon avenging guards, teleport em to the front and watch how they do all the work xD (while i get the ranger units). If u find the game going too hard, use royal griffins (u can get em on the barbarian side of verona) and summon avenging guards on the first turn. Then, teleport em (if u have teleport) to the front of the enemy line, so their tanks go directly to fight the avenging guards. With a paladin, the game should be very easy on normal mode.

joasoz
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
If u find the game going too hard, use royal griffins (u can get em on the barbarian side of verona)

Since units are somewhat randomized you cannot be guaranteed anything of the sorts. In my last game as a mage I got em at the lighthouse in Verona. In my current game I havent found anything useful in Verona (no Paladins, Royal Griffins, good level 5 units). Finally got Paladins at the bridge to Tekron.

N3MES1S
02-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Since units are somewhat randomized you cannot be guaranteed anything of the sorts. In my last game as a mage I got em at the lighthouse in Verona. In my current game I havent found anything useful in Verona (no Paladins, Royal Griffins, good level 5 units). Finally got Paladins at the bridge to Tekron.

Well, royal griffins spawn almost always on the verona barbarian side, if not, maybe on montero (only a few) or if u are lucky on the debir castle once u have got the stone 6. U mean temple of the bridge to montero, u always get paladins there. sadly i only got paladins on that bridge, . So.. xD. But i played 8 games, and i always get royal griffins on the barbarian side on verona. U can try assasins, they are really good.

Zechnophobe
02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Random, but bounded. I think it is pretty safe to say that you will get Bears and Barbarians in Bolo, and elves in Elon. And some other areas are also fairly consistent, like that you will get Royal Griffons somewhere on the NW part of Verona. A little less consistent than others, but still a decently good bet.

KongMysen
02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Then there is the fact, that you can always get certain creatures certain places.

Royal Griffins are random all over the islands, but you can always get them from Frederic after getting the 6th stone.
a few paladins are always recruitable at the university after 2 stones and even more after 4 and 6 stones.
Several other examples, but I'm too lazy.

I have always found the Royal Griffins in Verona, but I never saw them on Bolo, so suggesting a tactic involving those aren't really good advise..

N3MES1S
02-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Then there is the fact, that you can always get certain creatures certain places.

Royal Griffins are random all over the islands, but you can always get them from Frederic after getting the 6th stone.
a few paladins are always recruitable at the university after 2 stones and even more after 4 and 6 stones.
Several other examples, but I'm too lazy.

I have always found the Royal Griffins in Verona, but I never saw them on Bolo, so suggesting a tactic involving those aren't really good advise..

Not really. To find royal griffins on another island that is not verona is very hard. And on verona u almost always get em on the barbarian side.
And when u reach the 6th stone, u NOT always get royal griffins , only if u are lucky (u always get horsemen, for example but u can get royal griffins or knights instead and knights, usually on very low ridicoluous numbers). Fortunately i found a 2000 knights stack on the samman castle on sheterra.... (no comments.). Its a shame that u cant use more than 5 troop slots (i was playing all the time mixing assasins/royal griffins/red dragons/knights/inquisitors/paladins/evil beholders).