PDA

View Full Version : Shield of Rekross ?

Misery
12-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Does it do anything else other than when you use it one dragon join your army ?

Also when I carried it around there was a message that the dragon was stirring inside the shield, what's that for ?

Elwin
12-03-2009, 06:52 AM
its saying there is a dragon there when u use it if i remeber correctly

Misery
12-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Yes I know that, just want to know if there's any other special property for that shield after you release the dragon..I tried and it said there's no longer dragon in the shield...and that's it ?

DGDobrev
12-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Yep. Let's not forget the penalty it gives to the opponents' dragons. It is pretty severe - with this shield and the dragon necklace the enemy dragons will feel like lvl 3 units :)

There is one more thing - you don't need to use it all the time. When you gain a level put it on. A new dragon will appear. Take it and remove the shield. When you gain a new level, repeat.

Metathron
12-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes, you get a new dragon every time you level up. However, DG, I'm not sure you can just put it on after level up and get the dragon, I think you have to be wearing it, so that the shield "experiences" battle. I may be mistaken, though.

Urbz
12-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I see, I was wondering wether or not the spawning of new dragons was random or not, I got it from CUttlefish's treasure so pretty early which seems well imba. Although being a mage isnt ideal, leadership wise. :-P
Still a really powerfull item for sure though!

DGDobrev
12-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Yes, you get a new dragon every time you level up. However, DG, I'm not sure you can just put it on after level up and get the dragon, I think you have to be wearing it, so that the shield "experiences" battle. I may be mistaken, though.

Well, you are :) All you need to do is put it on after a level up and sit tight till the dragon appears. Take it, remove the shield and equip it on the next level up once again. I have played a bunch of time with this shield so I know his quirks :P

Urbz
12-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm just using it permanently atm because i know myself and i will just forget to put it on after every levelup :-P
I reckon especially on a warrior this item will shine ( actually i guess the whole set is best used on a warrior ) but i wonder if it's not too powerfull if you get it early game although the leadership keeps it in check but it can safe you alot of money not having to spend it on dragons though, that's for sure!

Kings Bounty Hunter
12-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Another tip for you. The shield released an Emerald Dragon the first two times but when I reloaded and then picked up a coffin in the Cemetery in Verona "It shuddered" and I released a Black Dragon :)

oody
12-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Walking around with this shield seems to cause it to change to random different dragon types. After I got this item, walking around shortly after the "emerald" dragon use became a "black dragon". I loaded the game and near the same point of walking away the shield changed to a "bone dragon"

shantarna
09-24-2014, 10:07 PM
This some real threadnecro here, but i thought i'd leave my findings for anyone else wondering about this:

After leveling up, save the game immediately and now you have several options.

1: stand still, get an green dragon
2: move about lots, likely get an bone dragon
3: change zone (i walked from montero to the bridge), get a red dragon
4: change island via boat, get black dragon.

Not sure if this is 100% but its been like this for the last 6-7levels for me atleast.